Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:37:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Age of Conan  |  Topic: Stupid installer/patch issue maybe solved? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stupid installer/patch issue maybe solved?  (Read 1618 times)
Venkman
Terracotta Army

on: June 19, 2008, 11:50:47 AM

So in this thread is a lot of people who had patcher problems. Some found their fix in the Error 103 thread. Others found their fix by deleting the "RDBHashIndex.bin" file in the RBD directory. However, there was a smaller contingent that had a wierd problem where the patcher would simply stall after about 5-10mb of download.

I didn't have this problem on my main computer, but did on my laptop. It was really wierd. It'd patch to 10mb or so and then just stop. I'd left it for hours and even overnight twice. And the error log was no help. I ended up doing what I usually do with MMOs and start moving files around to force the patcher to redownload them.

I don't know how I solved it per se, and I don't know if my solution will work for anyone else. But it did for me, so I I posted it there.

Just wanted to let you know in case you ran into the same problem.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Age of Conan  |  Topic: Stupid installer/patch issue maybe solved?  
Jump to: