Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 01:05:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars  |  Topic: Free Guild Wars CD? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Free Guild Wars CD?  (Read 3290 times)
Ezdaar
Terracotta Army

on: October 28, 2004, 02:05:09 PM

I work at a university and outside the mens bathroom in the Mathematics and Computer Science building is a box labelled "Free Game!! Take one!" and it is filled with Guild Wars CDs. I haven't run one on a PC yet but a cursory inspection of the CD on my Powerbook indicates it has a GWClient and Setup program as well as some wallpaper, MP3s, etc. Has anyone else seen these and if so are they promo CDs or full clients or?

I normally would guess just a straight promo disk but it looks to have a client and NCSoft seems to be going with a different marketing strategy on this game.
Xilren's Twin

Reply #1 on: October 28, 2004, 02:22:45 PM

You can dl the client already directly from GW too.  You will have to still buy the game box just to get an activation key to play on the live servers (or buy one online for the price of the full box).

Not that unusual really.

Xirlen

"..but I'm by no means normal." - Schild
Ezdaar
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: October 28, 2004, 02:24:43 PM

Hadn't been following this one so wasn't aware. Thanks for the info.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars  |  Topic: Free Guild Wars CD?  
Jump to: