Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:46:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Age of Conan  |  Topic: "heroic defense rating" and "heroic attack rating" 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "heroic defense rating" and "heroic attack rating"  (Read 3451 times)
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

on: June 16, 2008, 09:06:13 AM

Changes to Group NPCs Post-Patch
Some have noted the fact that group NPCs are no longer quite so easy after today's patch. However, I've noticed there is some confusion about "scaling" or the reason for this so I figured I would clarify it.

Basically, at this point, group NPCs have a certain amount of "heroic defense rating" and "heroic attack rating" that players can also get. The functionality of this stat is to "counter" opposing attack and defensive ratings which are higher than what the player or NPC may currently have.

What this means in the case of group NPCs is that higher-level players will no longer deal double damage and take half damage from group NPCs due to the base attack/defense rating difference. Basically, group NPCs will continue to do their normal damage and take normal damage for a longer period of time than non-group NPCs.

There is, however, no "scaling" happening and they are not adjusting dynamically to deal higher damage to higher level players. They will simply continue to perform as they normally would for equal-level players.

I hope that clarifies the adjustment!

Link

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 09:27:46 AM

Could've just made cistern/main system private you fuckers.

I am the .00000001428%
Kirth
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: June 16, 2008, 11:43:59 AM

this is a week old news, there is already a 100+ page thread on the official forums with various degrees of outcry and acceptance.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: June 16, 2008, 11:53:47 AM

woops, sorry, i was on a business trip most of last week.  huh

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: June 17, 2008, 01:05:59 AM

Well, I don't read the official forums and this is important info for me because I won't have to bother with subscribing after the initial month if they sneak forced grouping into the game.

"Higher level characters could clean out their quest logs after a few levels without having to group with random fucktards. Boo fucking hoo."
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: June 17, 2008, 02:56:15 AM

Well, I don't read the official forums and this is important info for me because I won't have to bother with subscribing after the initial month if they sneak forced grouping into the game.

"Higher level characters could clean out their quest logs after a few levels without having to group with random fucktards. Boo fucking hoo."

More like higher level chars could clean out public zones of bosses without touching any of the trash leaving real groups with no way of completing quests.  But like i said, could have just made the dungeon private.  Fuckers.

I am the .00000001428%
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Age of Conan  |  Topic: "heroic defense rating" and "heroic attack rating"  
Jump to: