Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:18:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Comics  |  Topic: FINAL CRISIS 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: FINAL CRISIS  (Read 4182 times)
HRose
I'm Special

VIKLAS!

on: May 29, 2008, 03:06:54 AM

So anyone has read it?

It feels a bit like DC Universe Zero. Lots of plots introduced in a couple of pages. Feeling rather disconnected. There's also a gratuitous kill in one panel only.

Basically it's just build up that leaves a bit dizzy. Some nice Morrison touches (the cell scene, the villains manifestation).

It's also more urban-themed than epic-themed. No mention of the Flash returned, that will be for issue #2.

-HRose / Abalieno
cesspit.net
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 03:08:41 AM

Seems like another issue of Countdown, and since I quit reading that early on I have little idea what's going on.  Also it ties-in to Morrison's Seven Soldiers stuff, but frankly it was incomprehensible back when he did it in Mr. Miracle, and that was so long ago now I barely remember it anyway.

And does anybody actually give a fuck about the Monitors?  Really?  They're a group of characters that look so similar and are so ill-defined as individuals I'm not sure why DC is so intent on shoving these guys down our throats.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 06:41:56 AM

The Monitors from Countdown were a dumb fucking idea in the extreme, considering the original Monitor was an EXTRA-dimensional entity, not "one per universe." Then making Donna Troy and Kyle Rayner and Jason Todd be part of some Monitor Watchmen program, which is immediately forgotten when they need Donna Troy over in the new Titans book.

Oh and the new Titans book? I want to like it. But the fact that they are essentially REPEATING VERBATIM scenes from the original Wolfman/Perez Titans issues against Trigon, and the new artist is way too cartoony, all that just makes me really dislike the book. Rehashing a Trigon attack YET AGAIN is getting really tired.

Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: August 24, 2008, 02:20:39 PM

A lot of retreading of Morrison's JLA-Darkseid story, so far. Not bad, certainly better than Infinite Crisis, but it's not knocking me out.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Comics  |  Topic: FINAL CRISIS  
Jump to: