Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:59:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Age of Conan  |  Topic: Tip of the Day! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tip of the Day!  (Read 43222 times)
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #105 on: June 19, 2008, 11:32:28 AM

Nice.  I know it's more for grinding but does the actually quest exp scale at all or is it still 3K or so?

The quest xp scales, they show up as being yellow to you.

What's the highest I need to take my climbing? Seems silly to have such a skill like that which you'd drop in a moment's notice to do anything combat-wise.
Yeah climbing is a weird one, I only bothered putting it up to 380 because I wanted the quest xp and had 800 free points lying around.  As a healer I only bother to max out the mana regen and keep casting concentration at about half the max.  The highest climbpoint I have seen is 600 on the bridge in Old Tarantia, apparently all that is up there is a drunken NPC.  You must have 100 climbing to do your level 30 destiny quest though.
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #106 on: June 19, 2008, 11:46:36 AM

I've only ever trained climbing for the specific point when I needed it  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Miasma, question: I keep both my Mana Regen and Casting Concentration maxxed, however I notcied you only keep CC at about half max. Is there a soft cap? Right now at level 23 I think my max is 240 (with some gear 249). Can I grab some points back and still be as effective when getting hit?

Also, what is Mana Attractor? It says it works when "I use Mana Renew"; however, i've been unable to find any such skill called Mana Renew. If I'm way down on Mana and impatient I'll just Rest myself back up.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #107 on: June 19, 2008, 11:51:32 AM

Also, what is Mana Attractor? It says it works when "I use Mana Renew"; however, i've been unable to find any such skill called Mana Renew. If I'm way down on Mana and impatient I'll just Rest myself back up.

It is the rest skill i think.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #108 on: June 19, 2008, 12:00:58 PM

You only need to increase casting concentration when you start getting those interrupts, I still haven't seen one since Tortage but just keep putting a few points in for no particular reason.  I keep both the regen and attractor maxed since I have too many points anyways.  Like bloodworth said I'm pretty sure the attractor kicks in when you use the rest ability.
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #109 on: June 19, 2008, 12:05:00 PM

Ah. So far I've hit Rest and regained mana lighting quick anyway. I'll stop increasing Concentration though, see how that goes.

Also, dumb question: do you get a tombstone for a PvP death on a PvP server? I've only died once and couldn't it. And no, I'm not just that good. I think it's a combination of PoM still being a bit overpowered in the 20s and my opponents largely sucking smiley
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #110 on: June 19, 2008, 12:06:51 PM

Also, dumb question: do you get a tombstone for a PvP death on a PvP server?

Nope.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #111 on: June 19, 2008, 12:46:57 PM

Ok. And just because it's another dumb question: If I'm down to 10% from a PvP fight but die from falling off a cliff (strategic withdrawal), is that a PvE death with tombstone, or not?
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #112 on: June 19, 2008, 12:50:32 PM

Ok. And just because it's another dumb question: If I'm down to 10% from a PvP fight but die from falling off a cliff (strategic withdrawal), is that a PvE death with tombstone, or not?

Yeah killing blow is what matters.

I am the .00000001428%
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #113 on: June 19, 2008, 12:54:34 PM

yep.

You thinking of robing people of there rightful kill? Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #114 on: June 19, 2008, 03:16:06 PM

Actually, I did think of that after writing the post. Nothing would piss off a dedicated ganker more  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? But the way they have it now makes sense in the context of the world and server. It just sucks there's no (yet) penalty for someone one-shotting me after I'm down to 10% from having killed three NPCs.
Nerf
Terracotta Army

The Presence of Your Vehicle Has Been Documented

Reply #115 on: June 19, 2008, 07:44:43 PM

You only need to increase casting concentration when you start getting those interrupts

Dead wrong, it just doesn't fully interrupt your casting once you have a few points in it, getting hit still knocks it down a bit.

It's hard to tell when killing solo mobs, but start letting 5-10 beat on you and you'll watch your casting bar get chunks knocked off of it, just not fully interrupted.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #116 on: June 20, 2008, 06:17:41 AM

I keep it at about half the max and haven't noticed anything but I'll take another look.
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #117 on: June 20, 2008, 06:34:55 AM

You only need to increase casting concentration when you start getting those interrupts

Dead wrong, it just doesn't fully interrupt your casting once you have a few points in it, getting hit still knocks it down a bit.

It's hard to tell when killing solo mobs, but start letting 5-10 beat on you and you'll watch your casting bar get chunks knocked off of it, just not fully interrupted.

Well if 5-10 started beating on my ToS I'd be dead before I could even press a button to *start* a spell, let alone finish one. But good to know! I, too, thought I only needed to put points into it when my spells started to get interrupted.

- Viin
photek
Terracotta Army

Reply #118 on: June 20, 2008, 07:16:13 AM

Well if 5-10 started beating on my ToS I'd be dead before I could even press a button to *start* a spell, let alone finish one. But good to know! I, too, thought I only needed to put points into it when my spells started to get interrupted.

Past 30 5-10 mobs will be a normal grind for you  smiley

"I recently went to a new doctor and noticed he was located in something called the Professional Building. I felt better right away"
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #119 on: June 20, 2008, 07:23:47 AM

I still think you only need to put points in concentration when you start seeing your casting time affected by blows.
My ToS grinds armies of mob all by herself and never got a single interrupt or casting slowdown in 80 levels with concentration at 400. It may sound like a large number but it's something like half the cap, and I stopped putting points there as soon as I noticed I didn't get a single interrupt since level 5 when I thought putting 20 points there was a good idea.

You can't go wrong. Put a few points: if you get interrupts/slowdowns then put some more until they completely stop. If you are doing fine, drop the calculator and save your points.

It's clearly a broken mechanic so far, as I didn't get interrupted once in massive PvP either, which is annoying for melee characters pummeling me.
On the other hand, it would be cool if concentration had some relations with resisted spells. I got lots of them in PvP and I'd do anything to overcome that. Sadly, if anything can be done it is not apparent.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 07:26:08 AM by Falconeer »

Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #120 on: June 20, 2008, 09:11:12 AM

I think that really depends on your class.
photek
Terracotta Army

Reply #121 on: June 20, 2008, 09:35:40 AM

Well if 5-10 started beating on my Tempest of Set I'd be dead before I could even press a button to *start* a spell, let alone finish one. But good to know! I, too, thought I only needed to put points into it when my spells started to get interrupted.

I think that really depends on your class.

Check the bold in quote. And of course it does. My assassin can't hulk around like that. I can pick two, three at most.

"I recently went to a new doctor and noticed he was located in something called the Professional Building. I felt better right away"
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #122 on: June 22, 2008, 11:44:52 AM

Can't remember if anyone pointed this out already, but whenever you zone if you choose EPIC instead of NORMAL you'll be in a copy of the zone where EVERY Boss has a 100% chance of dropping a blue item and lots of money. They are usually tradable too, unless they are part of a set. Only drawback being everything is elite (more HP, more ATK, more DEF) hence hard to kill, but the guaranteed blu stuff is sweet and groups can do that easily.

That works at all levels and for all zones.

Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #123 on: June 22, 2008, 03:42:20 PM

Is it true that if you delete a character, then roll a new one with the same name, mail will stop working and you will have issues joining a guild?

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #124 on: June 22, 2008, 05:51:37 PM

Some people have that issue although I remade my characters and it worked fine.  I'm guessing if you used or put anything in the bank on the character you delete you are going to be broken, but that's just a wild guess.

Separately:

There is a fifth repeatable villa quest which often doesn't show an exclamation mark because you might be too high for the starting quests.  He is in the inn on the second floor at the end of the hall, you might have to talk to him twice to start the quests.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Age of Conan  |  Topic: Tip of the Day!  
Jump to: