Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 04:56:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: WotLK spoilerfication 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WotLK spoilerfication  (Read 189501 times)
Drubear
Terracotta Army

Reply #490 on: September 25, 2008, 06:00:08 AM

I think they're doing it with the new "zone phasing" they're introducing with LK. 

Not so sure it's all that new, there are at least a couple of BC dailies that do that - via quest items tho: the head item for the Nagrand readings and the "phase bauble" for the Bashir's "Opening the portal."
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #491 on: September 25, 2008, 06:52:56 AM

Good point.  I'd forgotten those.. it's really just a new take on the invisibility mechanics.

Motorcycle mount?

Please dear god tell me that there's a version without a sidecar because I will have to have this mount at any fucking cost.

Nope, there's a Horde and Alliance version, but both have the sidecar.  Engineers make them, but ANYONE can use them.  It's meant to give engineers a useful item to sell. (for once.)

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #492 on: September 25, 2008, 07:59:39 AM

Obviously sidecar was added since this video.

Never mind - I don't care. It's still fucking awesome.

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #493 on: September 25, 2008, 02:13:03 PM

Both new Sylvanas and Varian bother me for the exact same reason. They're 13 year old boy fantasies. Down right cliche!

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #494 on: September 25, 2008, 02:49:16 PM

Yeah, not pleased. I mean, its better than having her not even be the right kind of elf, but come on. Shouldn't the banshee queen... look like a banshee? At least a little?

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #495 on: September 25, 2008, 03:06:51 PM

I think she looks pretty damn close to how she looked in WCIII.

e.g.

Varian looks a bit meh I'll agree; I think the Highlord Bolvar model was more appropriate.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #496 on: September 25, 2008, 03:19:05 PM

Yeah, not pleased. I mean, its better than having her not even be the right kind of elf, but come on. Shouldn't the banshee queen... look like a banshee? At least a little?

She didn't in WC3, which is what they're basing her off of.  She looked like one of the Elf Archer units, but grey/green.. like she does now.

Ed: Damn you K9 for finding the pic I couldn't while composing the post.

I agree on the King, though.  Too young, to "angry" too fucking Saiyn

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #497 on: September 25, 2008, 03:25:52 PM

I'll assume this is in Frozen Throne which I admit I never got that far in. In Warcraft 3 itself, she looks like a banshee.

K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #498 on: September 25, 2008, 03:26:41 PM

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #499 on: September 25, 2008, 04:52:48 PM

While they're making new models they should try a) making a teenager model and b) giving the poor prince his own damn model.

Also, perhaps they could introduce Sylvannas to some shirt technology.

God Save the Horn Players
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #500 on: September 25, 2008, 07:13:18 PM

Also, perhaps they could introduce Sylvannas to some shirt technology.

Sexy, Sexy Danger!  awesome, for real

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #501 on: September 26, 2008, 12:56:26 AM

The thing about the banshees in WC3 is they, you know, took over the host body.

So they look exactly like what they take over.  A Night Elf.

The 'current' Sylvanas has always bothered me.  It's WRONG.  The new one is full of Correctly Goodness.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #502 on: September 26, 2008, 09:06:15 AM

Both new Sylvanas and Varian bother me for the exact same reason. They're 13 year old boy fantasies. Down right cliche!
Sylvanas isn't just for 13 year old boy fantasies. DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #503 on: September 27, 2008, 01:23:20 AM

You just can't help yourself, can you, you ungodly wretch ?

Can't we Pray the Gay Away ?

Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #504 on: September 27, 2008, 11:20:38 AM

Buddy of mine found a great thing about the sidecar in a WSG a week or so ago on the Beta.

Riding in the sidecar does not drop the flag!.

He had a screenshot of them riding off the roof to the flag room.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #505 on: September 27, 2008, 01:04:41 PM

Oooh that'll get fixed right quick, I guarantee.

K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #506 on: September 27, 2008, 03:01:19 PM

The motorbike mount and vehicles in general need a lot of balance work.

Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #507 on: September 28, 2008, 10:23:40 AM

Buddy of mine found a great thing about the sidecar in a WSG a week or so ago on the Beta.

Riding in the sidecar does not drop the flag!.

He had a screenshot of them riding off the roof to the flag room.
How fucking awesome is the image of a motorcycle flying off the top of the base with someone in the sidecar holding the flag?

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #508 on: September 28, 2008, 04:03:27 PM

How fucking awesome is the image of a motorcycle flying off the top of the base with someone in the sidecar holding the flag?
In a fantasy game?  About the silliest thing I can think of.  The only way to make it work is to have a leather wearing dwarf named The Fonz doing it.

Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #509 on: September 28, 2008, 04:47:57 PM

In a fantasy game?  About the silliest thing I can think of. 

Hoh Hoh Hoh.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giant_space_hamster

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #510 on: September 29, 2008, 02:08:43 AM

In a fantasy game?  About the silliest thing I can think of.  The only way to make it work is to have a leather wearing dwarf named The Fonz doing it.

But it has to be jumping over a shark.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #511 on: September 29, 2008, 08:47:18 AM

The shark was a given. Grin

DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #512 on: September 29, 2008, 10:48:18 AM

You're right of course. Soon they'll have biplanes, mechanical mounts and an entire race who crashlanded in a spaceship and use holograms to communicate with each other.

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #513 on: September 29, 2008, 11:30:17 AM

You're right of course. Soon they'll have biplanes, mechanical mounts and an entire race who crashlanded in a spaceship and use holograms to communicate with each other.

Have you seen the way the motorcycle actually *looks*? All that stuff still fits into the look and feel of WoW. The motorcycle with its current art really doesn't, to me. I'm not bothered by the general idea of the motorcycle, but I am bothered by the current implementation. If it had like big goblin rockets sticking off of it and crap, it would bother me a lot less.

Oban
Terracotta Army

Reply #514 on: September 29, 2008, 12:32:28 PM

I want pistols for my rogue.

Palin 2012 : Let's go out with a bang!
El Gallo
Terracotta Army

Reply #515 on: September 29, 2008, 02:18:53 PM

Some steamtech crap and some pop culture jokes fit within the theme of WoW.  However, too much of that stuff destroys the theme.  A motorcycle with a "PWN" licenseplate that is useable by anybody and looks like that is too much imo.

I mostly agree with Moorgard.  I'd rather play in the world as portrayed in the cinematics (with some jokes and anachronisms as spice) rather than play in an aesthetically incoherent world that's all spice and little theme.    http://www.mobhunter.com/?p=308

This post makes me want to squeeze into my badass red jeans.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #516 on: September 29, 2008, 06:17:19 PM

Some steamtech crap and some pop culture jokes fit within the theme of WoW.  However, too much of that stuff destroys the theme.  A motorcycle with a "PWN" licenseplate that is useable by anybody and looks like that is too much imo.

I mostly agree with Moorgard.  I'd rather play in the world as portrayed in the cinematics (with some jokes and anachronisms as spice) rather than play in an aesthetically incoherent world that's all spice and little theme.    http://www.mobhunter.com/?p=308
Redeemed demons crashing into the planet with gigantic chiming beings of light in a space ship, fantastic and dangerous steampunk gnomish/goblin inventions, zepplins, magical floating cities, and living stones I can deal with, but a motorcycle?

FUCK THAT, IMMERSION RUINED, CANCELING ACCOUNT

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #517 on: September 29, 2008, 06:45:19 PM

You're putting words in his mouth there, if you want to reply to the guy who said he accepts all that stuff but hates the motorcycle, it is me.  tongue

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #518 on: September 29, 2008, 08:43:21 PM

Yes, but you're silly and weird about random things for no good reason.

I Submit: "I hate daily quests, but I'll farm Primal's to sell on the AH instead"

Ohhhhh, I see.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #519 on: September 29, 2008, 08:55:46 PM

At least there isn't any Norse housing with corn and pumpkins.  Ohhhhh, I see.

God Save the Horn Players
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #520 on: September 29, 2008, 10:25:50 PM

Oh how the corn burned him so  Heart

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #521 on: September 29, 2008, 11:36:29 PM

Redeemed demons crashing into the planet with gigantic chiming beings of light in a space ship, fantastic and dangerous steampunk gnomish/goblin inventions, zepplins, magical floating cities, and living stones I can deal with, but a motorcycle?

FUCK THAT, IMMERSION RUINED, CANCELING ACCOUNT
While I only commented on the motorcycles, I'll stand by Ingmar's take.

I've grudgingly accepted the pistols and steampunk of the world.  It was generally portrayed as being shoddy, dangerous, and not nearly as effective as magic.  Mostly it added flavor, but was largely in the background, too.  At least when I played.  The Draenei were a mixed bag.  I hated the space ship, beings of light angle.  I loved (really, really loved) the gypsy-gargoyle look.  There was a lot which was hard to ignore, but I did my best.

The motorcycle is something going to be seen everywhere though.  It's not going to be a funny or dangerous item, it'll be safe, ubiquitous, and it's look makes me think the artists didn't even try.  It's only one thing of many that would annoy me were I playing.  Why they decided to take the worst combination of fantasy and pop-culture I don't know, however it does keep me from returning.

So yeah, my immersion was ruined by them continually pushing the silly.  It made it hard to take any of the decent plot-lines seriously.

Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #522 on: September 30, 2008, 07:24:18 AM

I've grudgingly accepted the pistols and steampunk of the world.  It was generally portrayed as being shoddy, dangerous, and not nearly as effective as magic.  Mostly it added flavor, but was largely in the background, too.  At least when I played.  The Draenei were a mixed bag.  I hated the space ship, beings of light angle.  I loved (really, really loved) the gypsy-gargoyle look.  There was a lot which was hard to ignore, but I did my best.

The motorcycle is something going to be seen everywhere though.  It's not going to be a funny or dangerous item, it'll be safe, ubiquitous, and it's look makes me think the artists didn't even try.  It's only one thing of many that would annoy me were I playing.  Why they decided to take the worst combination of fantasy and pop-culture I don't know, however it does keep me from returning.

I guess you've been gone too long to have noticed the helicopters then. The player made/rode ones, not the ones that popped up occasionally in quests.

Valmorian
Terracotta Army

Reply #523 on: September 30, 2008, 07:56:52 AM

I guess you've been gone too long to have noticed the helicopters then. The player made/rode ones, not the ones that popped up occasionally in quests.

The player helicopters can only be made and used by engineers.  These motorcycles, as I understand it, can be used by anybody.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #524 on: September 30, 2008, 08:31:07 AM

That would be correct.  I didn't see a whole lot of any flying mounts though (assuming it's one), as I didn't play in Outland much, and haven't been back since.  The Zhevra mount was the first serious consideration I gave it.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: WotLK spoilerfication  
Jump to: