Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:07:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Age of Conan  |  Topic: Tell me why I should (or shouldn't) buy this 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tell me why I should (or shouldn't) buy this  (Read 20971 times)
Hound
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: May 23, 2008, 12:49:13 PM

it really is a fun game and runs much better than the beta experience. Circuit City has it for 39.99. Go to Best Buy if it is closer and take a printed copy of Circuit City's web page and they will match the price

Given the number of failures we've seen in MMORPGs, designers need to learn it's hard enough just to make a fun game without getting distracted by unnecessary drivel.
Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: May 23, 2008, 02:06:37 PM

Edit: Never mind.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 02:09:10 PM by Montague »

When Fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross - Sinclair Lewis.

I can tell more than 1 fucktard at a time to stfu, have no fears. - WayAbvPar

We all have the God-given right to go to hell our own way.  Don't fuck with God's plan. - MahrinSkel
Tairnyn
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: May 23, 2008, 05:29:56 PM

I am weak. I couldn't resist the non click and wait combat. And it's been too long since I've had a chance to use my computer for an actual game.
Special J
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: May 23, 2008, 08:24:19 PM

Dammit, I'm really tempted to give this a go now.  Anyone running this on an ATI?  I'd be running it on my notebook which has a 512MB Radeon 2600 Mobile. Which would seem well up to the job from the looks of some specs.
Krakrok
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: May 23, 2008, 08:45:19 PM

First mmo I've ever read more than 50% of the quest text.

I think I'm at about 20% on the quest text so far. All I know is I've ran laps around the city way too many times.
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: May 24, 2008, 05:33:56 AM

I read most of the quest text. I'm actually really drawn in to the story. Though honestly, the feel is far more Thieves World/Sanctuary than Conan.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: May 27, 2008, 09:02:29 AM

Thanks for all the replies - I'm still a bit on the fence, though.

8 pages in the Things You Don't Like thread vs. 2 in the Things You Like thread.

Will you all be playing in a month?
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: May 27, 2008, 09:06:48 AM

Thanks for all the replies - I'm still a bit on the fence, though.

8 pages in the Things You Don't Like thread vs. 2 in the Things You Like thread.

The things people like become seamless. But things you don't like smack you in the face.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #43 on: May 27, 2008, 09:52:42 AM

Right. When someone asks you what you enjoy doing, you generally don't list "sex" since, well, duh.

I have never played WoW.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: May 27, 2008, 10:37:28 AM

Some people actually don't like sex, you know.

Just saying.

Hic sunt dracones.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: May 27, 2008, 10:41:38 AM

I think so, but I'm fickle and might change my mind.  I'm also still in the Tortage portion of the game and haven't seen the 20+ content.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Nerf
Terracotta Army

The Presence of Your Vehicle Has Been Documented

Reply #46 on: May 27, 2008, 10:46:46 AM

Most definately, im at 46 right now and theres still plenty of quests, I've only run into one -truly- bugged quest up to this point, and it was around 40 in the noble district.

Several quests have some serious issues, finally ran into a "You can climb here!" with no clicky, had to hit the U key to finish the quest.

Someone was saying in chat earlier that one of the level 50 zones, mount eli or somesuch, has about 50 quests, quite a few group quests, and theres another instance around somewhere.

When I finally feel like I've outleveled the current content, I'll just roll an alt, the lower level content is fucking amazing.
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #47 on: May 27, 2008, 12:54:31 PM

Some people actually don't like sex, you know.

Post-NGE SWG players do not count.

I have never played WoW.
Dtrain
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: May 27, 2008, 01:30:19 PM

I think so, but I'm fickle and might change my mind.  I'm also still in the Tortage portion of the game and haven't seen the 20+ content.

I'm just tearing into the 20+ stuff and after an initial rough start, I'm making good progress. There are no voice overs, the cohesiveness falls apart, and there is no obvious narrative to direct you where to go when you finish a line of quests. After exploring and asking around I found a few quest hubs in cimmeria that are getting me quick levels. (Maybe it's just a problem with Aquilonia though.)

Be prepared for the occasional long run back to somewhere, so keep an eye out for the blue circles (bind points) in any new area you visit.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: May 28, 2008, 01:46:38 PM

Ok, I bought it.  It's installing now.

From what I've read about patching and all that, maybe I can play it tomorrow.

Thanks for all of the advice/reports.
Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: May 28, 2008, 01:47:55 PM

Ok, I bought it.  It's installing now.

From what I've read about patching and all that, maybe I can play it tomorrow.

Thanks for all of the advice/reports.

The install and patching was actually pretty quick for me. I got great download speeds. I'll cross my fingers for ya that it's the same for you.  smiley
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #51 on: May 28, 2008, 01:49:22 PM

Patching was a breeze for me, was like 700mb total, but very fast, like maybe 15 to 20 minutes. The install was what took me a long time. It ran like almost 2 hours.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: May 28, 2008, 03:06:45 PM

Patching was a breeze for me, was like 700mb total, but very fast, like maybe 15 to 20 minutes. The install was what took me a long time. It ran like almost 2 hours.

My install took 15 to 20 minutes.  It's patching now, and very very slowly.

288KB/s - at this rate, I'll be on tomorrow.  It's s-l-o-w.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Age of Conan  |  Topic: Tell me why I should (or shouldn't) buy this  
Jump to: