Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 02:26:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  But is it Fun?  |  Topic: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King - Square Enix Co. - Wii 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King - Square Enix Co. - Wii  (Read 2754 times)
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

on: May 19, 2008, 12:41:53 PM

I didn't expect to be as entertained as I am for just $15 American.  This is a management type game, like Roller Coaster Tycoon, but it looks a lot like Dark Cloud 2 minus the combat and fishing and golf and photography.  Doesn't really play like that, though.

The executive summary of the introductory plot is that you are a new kiddie king who has just returned to rebuild the kindgom that was ruined by a miasma which I suspect was prevalent in the previous Crystal Chronicles game.  It's gone now, and so is the town around the castle, so you get to rebuild it.  The king isn't alllowed to fight, so you commission adventurers.  You tell them what to do and they go do it.  Meanwhile you press the flesh and kiss babies in town in order to improve morale.  You also get to pick more-or-less where the buildings go.  Most things cost gil but buildings cost element-something, which is obtained from finite sources like fully exploring sites and defeating bosses.

Initially this doesn't seem to be a terribly complex game, but it does have that wonderful just-one-more-turn thing going for it.  When the day ends it saves, then you get to read the reports for the previous day.  Reading the combat reports is fun for me because I'm a giant game nerd, but they read like a combat output from a text game.  It's hard to just turn it off after you read the combat and finance reports and are dumped out into town again.  I don't know how much depth it is going to have, still being in the early stages as I am, so I might have to come back and update this.  So far, though, it's one of the few real games for the Wii and it's more fun than most $15 games I have played.

Also, you can play it with the Classic controller or the Wavebird.

-

Buy

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 06:35:31 AM

I don't suppose there is a way to buy it without Wii points?

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008, 07:06:14 AM

Unsavory methods, I expect.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  But is it Fun?  |  Topic: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King - Square Enix Co. - Wii  
Jump to: