Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 12:05:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Age of Conan  |  Topic: Let's be MORE Useful! Things you don't like! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Let's be MORE Useful! Things you don't like!  (Read 127038 times)
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #490 on: July 24, 2008, 10:09:43 AM

I wasn't commenting on how unreasonable it was... rather how helpful from an advertising or word-of-mouth sense.  My guess is that charging $3 to download a game that you're trying to sell will have the effect of turning potential customers off at a rate exceeding the revenue gained by the $3 charged.   I think that they're settling for drips when they could be gaining more with a small up front investment.  Hell, maybe I'm wrong.   

No. I think your right.

I guess my point being, expect more of this as games continue to get larger in size. Or, wait for real trials (Modified, structured, smaller).

But then again, no one i have given buddy keys to have complained about this.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #491 on: July 24, 2008, 10:57:05 AM

What to me this is really indicative of is how in denial Funcom is about the state of their game, and the subsequent word of mouth conflagration of bad press its getting.

I don't think they can accept that Conan went from belle of the ball to scorned scapegoat in a matter of weeks, and are still laboring under the assumption that $3.00 download is not a barrier for the legions of mouthbreathers who can't wait to jump into the l33t world of Conan.

That was true two months ago, not any longer. Now, the mouthbreathing horde has moved on to some other shiny.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Age of Conan  |  Topic: Let's be MORE Useful! Things you don't like!  
Jump to: