Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:41:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Age of Conan  |  Topic: Let's be MORE Useful! Things you don't like! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Let's be MORE Useful! Things you don't like!  (Read 127169 times)
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #210 on: May 26, 2008, 05:44:28 AM

Scratch everything I said about not liking anything. I'm patient and can take a bunch of classes up to 40 while waiting for shit to get patched in. Rather, I want to beat the ever living fuck out of their PR and Community Relation folks. Hard. In the eyes.

I usually don't pay much attention to all that stuff unless I have a big problem and it's not addressed pronto, but I have to say, they even annoy the hell out of me.  Anyway, being the shy person I am, I'm taking this opportunity to tell you I'm cheering you on.  From the back, in the shadows, where no one can point at me.  Make them cry.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Special J
Terracotta Army

Reply #211 on: May 26, 2008, 07:54:24 AM

So I picked it up and played over the weekend. So far, I'm finding it pretty fun.  Still in Tortage with a level 14 Herald of Xotli.  Starting a Barbarian as well.

Two things

Graphic glitches!  My character model doesn't always render properly.  For example when I transform back from that monster thingy my character has come back with normal hair, white hair, no hair. Who knows?  When I put on a short robe, the top part of my legs didn't render so I was torso floating over a pair of legs.

I have no goddamn clue what these combos do. Maybe it's by design?  Reading the description of Molten Steel Slash it tells me it debuffs their fire and slash resist.  What it doesn't tell you is it does a fuckton of damage.  I would have had no clue from the description.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #212 on: May 26, 2008, 08:22:57 AM

Yes, add that to my in-game list, too.  Really, really poor in-game documentation of not only items, but spells, combos, and just about everything else.  I don't recognise the "I'm Norwegian" excuse for the poor documentation, either.  My grandfather could describe a bottle of vodka in English, even when most of it was in him.  If you're as serious about something as my grandfather was about vodka, you can make yourself understood.

Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #213 on: May 26, 2008, 09:15:47 AM

I have no goddamn clue what these combos do. Maybe it's by design?  Reading the description of Molten Steel Slash it tells me it debuffs their fire and slash resist.  What it doesn't tell you is it does a fuckton of damage.  I would have had no clue from the description.

What it looks like to me from going through the combat log is if you're in a combo, it ignores the armor facing and uses a base damage taken from the attack--you get that base damage for each swipe in the chain and the effect of the combo itself--which could be damage or could be something else and which isn't documented well.

My swipes normally do 25/60/90 depending on blocking and my enraging strike III requires 2 swipes to go off. I get three attacks at the same 90-ish damage despite the fact that one of those swipes was against three shields and one against open. No idea which of the three is attached to the taunt effect.

My overhead enraging strike, I get damage in the 60s, again, irregardless of the shielding, plus an extra hit, plus the bleeding DOT.

My dulling blow has two swipes. I get 60-ish damage for two hits, and then I get the debuff from it for the "combo" but no damage because the effect of the combo is a debuff, not damage.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
schild
Administrator

Reply #214 on: May 26, 2008, 09:17:35 AM

So, I'm going to let you all decide, should I try to get an interview with someone or just completely blast them on the frontpage?
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #215 on: May 26, 2008, 09:21:01 AM

Blast them on the frontpage with a damage dealing interview.

Kirth
Terracotta Army

Reply #216 on: May 26, 2008, 09:23:51 AM

So, I'm going to let you all decide, should I try to get an interview with someone or just completely blast them on the frontpage?

Interview, ask them why they released a game that was 30% done.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #217 on: May 26, 2008, 09:36:25 AM

We already know the answer, they ran out of money.  Their stock price got gutted the last time they announced a delay.

It's a real shame because I am enjoying the parts of the game that actually work but all the bugs, lack of polish and terrible communication is starting to overwhelm me.
Kirth
Terracotta Army

Reply #218 on: May 26, 2008, 09:43:01 AM

We already know the answer, they ran out of money.  Their stock price got gutted the last time they announced a delay.

It's a real shame because I am enjoying the parts of the game that actually work but all the bugs, lack of polish and terrible communication is starting to overwhelm me.

I'm enjoying it as well, I'm willing to wait a while and see what gets fixed.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #219 on: May 26, 2008, 09:48:24 AM

Offer an interview first. Gentlemen offer the oportunity of apology before demanding pistols at dawn.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #220 on: May 26, 2008, 10:07:26 AM

Interview and then blast them on the front page.  Why can't we have it all?

Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #221 on: May 26, 2008, 12:17:22 PM

A nitpicky detail that's really boring me is the tarty women. I'm not offended as such, but it gets horribly, horribly boring when every other female NPC is a buxom wench. The rest just look like it. It feels very juvenile rather than "mature".
« Last Edit: May 26, 2008, 12:19:19 PM by Tarami »

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #222 on: May 26, 2008, 01:03:28 PM

It's getting harder and harder to log in.

Itemization is a joke, Crafting is buggered, Dungeons are borked, and guild cities are broken. There's no economy.

Literally the only reason for playing right now is questing and ding-gratz. It's getting old.

When Fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross - Sinclair Lewis.

I can tell more than 1 fucktard at a time to stfu, have no fears. - WayAbvPar

We all have the God-given right to go to hell our own way.  Don't fuck with God's plan. - MahrinSkel
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #223 on: May 26, 2008, 01:34:16 PM

Geez... You guys almost make me happy that I can't play.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #224 on: May 26, 2008, 01:36:34 PM

It's getting harder and harder to log in.

Itemization is a joke, Crafting is buggered, Dungeons are borked, and guild cities are broken. There's no economy.

Literally the only reason for playing right now is questing and ding-gratz. It's getting old.

In less than a week? i can see the ding-gratz keeping me happy for at least the next couple months.  If they havent got their shit together by then and have some decent end game content then it might get old.

I am the .00000001428%
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #225 on: May 26, 2008, 01:44:21 PM

Ding-gratz is tightly bound to being able to use better equipment. If the equipment flatly sucks, then dingin' lose 50% of its appeal (other 50 being killing higher level mobs).

Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #226 on: May 26, 2008, 11:44:19 PM

- Total lack of class balance. Yeah, they might be 'balanced at 80', but I don't see anyone in my guild getting to 80 anytime soon [or ever]. My priest of mitra can easily take 3-4 +1 mobs at once (and I'm -not- specced for the broken purification AOE) and solo +2 bosses with ease while my HoX and bear shaman guildies struggle if there's more than one mob. If someone says 'l2p' to this, please to be dying in a fire, kthxbye.
- Stability issues. My PC is not amazing (and I'm running at minimum settings), but -every time- I try to zone into a PVP minigame (3 times so far), it hard-locks and reboots. Eff that noise, if you're gonna crash, at least have the decency to not take the OS with you.
- Trader NPCs still not being in... come on, this is MMO 101.
- Drops are meh. What was wrong with the WOW model of stackable grey items for vendor trash instead of eleventy billion useless armor pieces (edit: though it seems to work ok for beast/monster drops)? It's really fun to play 'find-the-quest-reward-among-the-crap-with-the-same-model', too.
- Inventory is a mess. If they're going to give us such a limited number of slots in which to store the aforementioned useless drops from NPCs, at least put useful stuff like consumables and food in its own section.
- Crafting... yeah, I won't go there.

The game's still enjoyable thanks to the combat system, but I can't see myself [or the guild] getting to the level cap before quitting of frustration. Ah Funcom, how we love thee!

-- Z.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2008, 11:46:36 PM by Zetor »

schild
Administrator

Reply #227 on: May 27, 2008, 01:31:32 AM

Thing I was writing delayed til tomorrow. Trying to get ahold of a specific someone at Funcom and got an update. Will post more as I hopefully will talk to him in the morning.
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #228 on: May 27, 2008, 02:43:19 AM

nemo38 and his Harold of Xolti
Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #229 on: May 27, 2008, 05:22:52 AM

If there is one... I can't find it... but holy hell playing a Ranger would be so much damn easier if there was a single toggle button to switch between first and third person.

edit: Oh, and there being no difference between races other than what classes they can play is "meh". Unless I'm missing something.
Special J
Terracotta Army

Reply #230 on: May 27, 2008, 06:08:37 AM

What an awesome post.

I have another gripe, but maybe there's a cure that I don't know about:

Do I really need to click through 6 GODDAMN VIDEOS JUST TO GET TO THE LOGIN SCREEN?
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #231 on: May 27, 2008, 06:11:47 AM

If there is one... I can't find it... but holy hell playing a Ranger would be so much damn easier if there was a single toggle button to switch between first and third person.

edit: Oh, and there being no difference between races other than what classes they can play is "meh". Unless I'm missing something.

Scroll wheel seems to work fine for me...

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #232 on: May 27, 2008, 06:19:59 AM

It works, sure. But it would be nice to hit one button and instantly change from one to the other. It's a preference, I guess, but certainly something I don't like.
Mazakiel
Terracotta Army

Reply #233 on: May 27, 2008, 06:36:51 AM

-That I can't get stuff like quest drops or credit for something during night, unless it's marked as a night quest.  Would it really be so hard to have some overlap? 
-That I get better FPS/performance on medium rather than low.  I need to upgrade my card, yes, but I'd rather get a smoother play experience until I can. 
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #234 on: May 27, 2008, 06:53:05 AM

God.  That name is awesome.  I like it better than Cohen the Librarian and Ice Cream Conan.  Damn you, Funcom, for not alloowing multiple word names! 

PS  Nemo is obviously the bottom droog.

Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #235 on: May 27, 2008, 07:45:03 AM

A whole bunch of classes are complaining about stealth nerfs with today's patch.  The patch notes didn't mention a whole bunch of class changes they made.  It looks like they have been spending their time nerfing classes rather than fixing anything.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #236 on: May 27, 2008, 08:05:58 AM

Yeah, I saw that.  Evidently they snuck up behind the Rangers and replaced their bow with trouts.

Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #237 on: May 27, 2008, 08:15:08 AM

Oh yeah, two quest-related gripes I left out from the previous post:
- Long respawn timers on quest [named] mobs / items. I spent about 10 mins camping the yeti in conall's valley because some jackass stealther KS'd it when I rested after clearing the area of other mobs.
- No objective sharing in groups. C'mon, this should be elementary by now, if someone kills a mob / loots a quest item / etc, everyone else in the group should get credit appropriately.

-- Z.

Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #238 on: May 27, 2008, 08:31:43 AM

Yeah, I saw that.  Evidently they snuck up behind the Rangers and replaced their bow with trouts.

At 28, my ranger with bow spec seems about the same. If anything now my range improvement talent actually seems to do something.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #239 on: May 27, 2008, 08:35:36 AM

Oh yeah, two quest-related gripes I left out from the previous post:
- Long respawn timers on quest [named] mobs / items. I spent about 10 mins camping the yeti in conall's valley because some jackass stealther KS'd it when I rested after clearing the area of other mobs.
- No objective sharing in groups. C'mon, this should be elementary by now, if someone kills a mob / loots a quest item / etc, everyone else in the group should get credit appropriately.

-- Z.

Amen. I'm so sick of people ganking my quest mob. 10 minute respawn on some of this shit is just ridiculous.

Although on the mob front, me and this other guy briefly grouped up to kill some Alpha wolf mob and both got credit for it. I haven't experienced item completion in a group yet, though.
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #240 on: May 27, 2008, 08:37:54 AM

Amen. I'm so sick of people ganking my quest mob. 10 minute respawn on some of this shit is just ridiculous.

Try going to another instance.  There is usually at least one instance for all the zones I've been to that is pretty empty of players.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #241 on: May 27, 2008, 08:40:56 AM

Although on the mob front, me and this other guy briefly grouped up to kill some Alpha wolf mob and both got credit for it. I haven't experienced item completion in a group yet, though.
You get kill credit so long as you don't die, if you get killed during the big fight you're screwed.  Item completion is fine if it's in a bag, then everyone can loot it, but if it's a glowy thing you have to wait for every single member of the group to get one (or even worse get 20/20)...
Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #242 on: May 27, 2008, 08:49:36 AM

Try going to another instance.  There is usually at least one instance for all the zones I've been to that is pretty empty of players.

How do you know if you're in a different instance? Or do I just click the "epic" button I never click?
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #243 on: May 27, 2008, 08:54:09 AM

Click the down arrow in the upper left of the mini map to change your instance.  This can also be used to teleport to the nearest rezz pad when you don't feel like running.
Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #244 on: May 27, 2008, 08:54:37 AM

How do you know if you're in a different instance? Or do I just click the "epic" button I never click?

Edit -  Fuck you Miasma  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

There's an arrow thingy above your minimap you can click to change the instance. (Pro tip: You can also use it as another hearth, since you spawn at the nearest discovered rez point)

When Fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross - Sinclair Lewis.

I can tell more than 1 fucktard at a time to stfu, have no fears. - WayAbvPar

We all have the God-given right to go to hell our own way.  Don't fuck with God's plan. - MahrinSkel
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Age of Conan  |  Topic: Let's be MORE Useful! Things you don't like!  
Jump to: