Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:30:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Comics  |  Topic: Appleseed ex Machina 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Appleseed ex Machina  (Read 4309 times)
climbjtree
Terracotta Army

on: May 14, 2008, 06:31:14 AM

Has anyone seen this one, or the first one? I was thinking of picking it up today after hearing that John Woo was involved.

Any reviews?
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: May 14, 2008, 06:38:08 AM

I haven't seen the first one but I got this one based on an awesome trailer and me deciding "what the hell." I enjoyed it. It's not revolutionary or anything but it's quite interesting. The relationships between the characters are clear enough that I didn't feel lost even though I haven't seen the first one.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
climbjtree
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008, 06:49:43 AM

Thats basically the same mindset I'm in. The trailer was on the Justice League: New Frontier DVD, and it looked like the CGI at least would rock my face off.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 07:40:23 AM

Thats basically the same mindset I'm in. The trailer was on the Justice League: New Frontier DVD, and it looked like the CGI at least would rock my face off.

Also, I believe it's talked about some towards the end of the multi-page anime thread in the general section of the forums. I'm too lazy to hunt it down right now.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: May 14, 2008, 09:31:11 PM

Has anyone seen this one, or the first one? I was thinking of picking it up today after hearing that John Woo was involved.
My two cents:

I've seen them both, though the time I saw the original was so damn long ago I don't remember anything at all about it aside from it being "the one with that robot guy who had radar booms on the side of his head".

The new one is... eh, not bad, I guess.  There's a few cool action sequences, but also a few "why the fuck don't they just shoot her while she's standing there spinning in place" kind of moments, so meh.  Overall, not bad, but it didn't blow me away or anything.  CG kind of bugged me in places, but generally it's pretty solid.  The plot is not great... a bit syrupy and forced in places, rushed in others.  I wouldn't buy this for the plot, but I would buy it for the action, which is decent at least.  I got the collector's edition, but haven't been motivated to look through any of the bonus stuff, if that tells you anything.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Comics  |  Topic: Appleseed ex Machina  
Jump to: