Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:29:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Hellgate: London  |  Topic: I need an intervention 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I need an intervention  (Read 63398 times)
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #35 on: June 30, 2008, 04:14:59 PM

Okay.  I might even go back to the regular server when it is.  I'm just playing the test server now.  I don't look so cool in character selection on the test server.  It doesn't show your weapon for some buggy reason.  Since my MM uses rifles, it just looks as if I'm holding my ginormous imaginary boner.   Which is alarming to me!

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #36 on: July 01, 2008, 04:29:24 PM

... I'm holding my ginormous imaginary boner.   

/quote

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #37 on: July 01, 2008, 04:46:25 PM

NOOOOOOO!   ACK!

Raging Turtle
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: July 01, 2008, 06:20:57 PM

Is this worth picking up yet?  I could use something to kill a little time for the summer and am wondering if it's been patched to being worth it.  Does it need an internet connection to start?  Can it run on something a little older (but something that could run WoW with no problem)?

No, I'm probably not planning on subscribing.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #39 on: July 01, 2008, 06:32:40 PM

I'm not sure.  If you're not going to sub, maybe not.  It might still be annoying.  I just play on the test server and the new subscriber stuff is fun, though still a wee bit buggy.  If you wait until 2.0 goes live, at least you'll be able to split stacks, which I find absolutely essential to playing just about any game. 

Yes, I think you can play single player offline but you can't use those characters online ever.  You won't have the latest patches, of course, but I'm sure you can hack at it until you're able to get whatever equipment you like if it exists in your game.  Then you would be naughty, though.

lesion

Reply #40 on: July 01, 2008, 06:50:49 PM

You can't patch disappointment! Crawling in my skin, these wounds they will not heal.

If this has hit the bargain bin already I would say go for it, otherwise don't bother.

steam|a grue \[T]/
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #41 on: July 02, 2008, 05:28:02 AM

Well, it's pretty bargain basement-y now.  You can get it for under $20.  If you still care about how it disappointed you when it was released, I woudn't pick it up at all.  I'm not grudgey about games.  I'd be angry all the time if I were!

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #42 on: July 02, 2008, 07:11:22 AM

I'm thinking that someone would have to give me their CD before I'd play this.  Even then, I'd probably play something which doesn't suck so much ass.  The sad thing is that when Hellgate 2.0 arrives, the next Mythos update will be about that timeframe.  I can split stacks on Mythos' Test Center already, so who knows what awesomeness will arrive?

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #43 on: July 02, 2008, 07:16:23 AM

I play both.  It's easy because neither one is compelling enough to distract me full time. 

Raging Turtle
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: July 03, 2008, 06:54:59 AM

Picked it up for 20 bucks yesterday, played about 5 hours, mostly Marksman.  Good stuff.  Maybe my expectations were a bit lower after reading this subforum, but it's a fun looty dungeon crawl game.  After downloading a massive patch, haven't had a single bug.   

Think I'm going to try an Evoker now.  Range in this game is fun. 
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #45 on: July 16, 2008, 07:07:06 PM

It occurred to me that the titular intervention has arrived.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #46 on: July 16, 2008, 07:53:22 PM

The body is still twitching; it might yet still arise.

Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: July 23, 2008, 09:05:19 AM

Yea - but it's close enough to having sex with a corpse that I've stopped playing.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #48 on: July 23, 2008, 09:54:51 AM

I haven't been very motivated to play since the news, either.  I've only played twice, for very short periods of time.  Rumours can kill!

lesion

Reply #49 on: July 24, 2008, 08:58:02 PM

I've been playing a bit more on TC. The patch is so good! Ish.

...so good!

steam|a grue \[T]/
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #50 on: July 24, 2008, 09:09:00 PM

Yeah, the patch seems to make a difference for me, too.  I haven't played the US server since I resubbed, just the TC.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #51 on: July 31, 2008, 06:00:00 AM

It's not dead yet.  They did server maintenance, too.  Tiggs and the rest of that lot now have Nameco avatards.  Still, doesn't mean it won't die.

schild
Administrator

Reply #52 on: July 31, 2008, 06:09:33 AM

Namco will keep it running with a skeleton crew most likely.

I'm just hoping they patch over 2.0.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #53 on: July 31, 2008, 07:43:51 AM

I hope so, too.  TC has more of a chance of getting ditched probably, and I play that for the new stuff.  I kind of sort of wish they'd upload the single player game with all the current new stuff and add a LAN option or other multi-player option.  If they were smart, they'd ditch the subscription platform all together and go with expansion packs a few times a year.  (although FSS can't seem to keep to any sort of update schedule anyway)

lesion

Reply #54 on: July 31, 2008, 08:29:10 AM

TC is, in fact, ditched. I played live for about fifteen minutes and it was depressing. Blah.

steam|a grue \[T]/
schild
Administrator

Reply #55 on: July 31, 2008, 08:31:09 AM

We will ensure that Publish 2.0 is kept safe should Test Center return to service in the future.

Hahahahahahahaha. So, it's basically not going to Live. That's what she just said. Oh man. Way to treat the fanbase. Wins all around. High five, high five. Boo ya.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #56 on: July 31, 2008, 09:02:01 AM

TC is, in fact, ditched. I played live for about fifteen minutes and it was depressing. Blah.

Oh well.  That might be it for me!  That's where all the fun I still had with this game lived.

Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: July 31, 2008, 02:51:29 PM

It's still the fact that they have not shared any kind of a roadmap. I mean that should be the first thing management works on. And why hide it from the fans? Just pad the hell out of it.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #58 on: August 04, 2008, 06:24:38 AM

While most of us were basking in the glory of Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog, The Dark Knight, and E3 just a couple weeks back, the guys at Flagship Studios were busy closing up shop. Since the Hellgate: London and Mythos developer's dissolution, the ultimate fate of these two action-RPGs has been up in the air, leaving subscribers and beta testers waiting with bated breath. Fortunately, if a recent job posting on Gamasutra is any indication, there may be some answers yet.

Posted by T3 Entertainment -- developer of Korean dance-off MMO Audition (seriously) -- the company is establishing a San Francisco office and is seeking programmers and engineers to "passionately continue development of Hellgate: London and Mythos, along with other new games, which are being published by HanbitSoft Inc."

Whether or not former Flagship employees will be involved with this new studio remains unknown. However, Flagship co-founder Max Schaefer told Kotaku last week, "So no matter what, we?ll pick up where we left off, and you'll be hearing from us shortly. We may not be the best business people on the planet, but we know how to make games."

While critical and retail reception of Hellgate was less than stellar, Mythos received a surprising amount of praise for a free-to-play MMORPG. Designed by former Blizzard employees, the game was often billed as the Diablo clone from the guys who actually made Diablo -- not a bad pedigree to have in a space this competitive. Here's hoping T3 and HanbitSoft can get both games back on track, and maybe ex-Flagship employees can get new jobs in the process.

They don't seem to bother with updating people on the "official" forums.  I can't even tell who is owning what where and developing stuff for who.  Or what.  HanbitSoft.  Namcom.  FSS.  T3.  You know?  Someone investigate or sommat.  What about Rasix?  Make him do it.  He's getting fat and lazy.  Like a big ginger puss.

schild
Administrator

Reply #59 on: August 04, 2008, 06:38:49 AM

He's getting fat and lazy.  Like a big ginger puss.

I think you're confusing people.
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: August 04, 2008, 03:26:32 PM

They don't seem to bother with updating people on the "official" forums.  I can't even tell who is owning what where and developing stuff for who.  Or what.  HanbitSoft.  Namcom.  FSS.  T3.  You know?  Someone investigate or sommat.  What about Rasix?  Make him do it.  He's getting fat and lazy.  Like a big ginger puss.

An ex-dev was talking on another forum about how they formed a new studio, but he mentioned that while they still had the rights to the Mythos code they didn't have the rights to the IP anymore, so they were looking at going into pre-production to redo the IP.  Unless that firm somehow got back rights to the IP I doubt it's the same company that the ex-FS devs went to form.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #61 on: August 04, 2008, 03:32:36 PM

It's all too confusing, isn't it?  I give up trying to figure it out.

schild
Administrator

Reply #62 on: August 04, 2008, 04:49:21 PM

I'd rather Travis B. start over completely.
stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: August 05, 2008, 02:07:17 PM

As sad and confusing as this whole scenario has turned out to be, I can't say it's not interesting. A new studio that will own the old code, but not the IP? Strangeness. Too bad about FSS. They had a cool logo.

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: August 08, 2008, 01:46:14 PM

Now taking bets on if 2.0 and 2.1 will ever be released....

schild
Administrator

Reply #65 on: August 08, 2008, 01:50:21 PM

I really want them to just patch over 2.0 and get the rest working later.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Hellgate: London  |  Topic: I need an intervention  
Jump to: