Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 09:03:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Comics  |  Topic: Marvel Apes 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Marvel Apes  (Read 4909 times)
LK
Terracotta Army

on: April 20, 2008, 09:58:03 AM

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: April 20, 2008, 10:49:41 AM

"You thought everything was already done and nothing new could be created," questions the artist. "You were wrong!"
"You will have it all," vows Bachs. "From elastic baboons to 'Mexican wrestler' gorillas!"

Looks better than Marvel Zombies, at least.

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #2 on: April 20, 2008, 11:40:49 AM

/sadf

Velorath
Contributor

Reply #3 on: April 20, 2008, 11:43:18 AM

This has actually been in the works a couple years now after a fan suggested it during a panel at the 2006 NYCC.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: April 20, 2008, 06:10:13 PM

I thought DC had a monopoly on ape-based plotlines.

Edit: DC had an event called "JLApe" among others. Some fan idea this is.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Llava
Contributor

Rrava roves you rong time

Reply #5 on: April 20, 2008, 08:18:59 PM

This is a good use of talent and money.

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
HAMMER FRENZY
Contributor

Reply #6 on: April 21, 2008, 06:30:09 AM

rolleyes

This is exactly why I don't read much Marvel stuff. This is really stupid...

My Genesis games... LET ME SHOW YOU THEM!
Mazakiel
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: April 21, 2008, 06:49:11 AM

This has actually been in the works a couple years now after a fan fucking idiot suggested it during a panel at the 2006 NYCC.

Seriously?  Apes?  And announced so soon after Heston dies.....

Marvel doesn't even try to avoid being a joke any more. 
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #8 on: April 21, 2008, 06:05:03 PM

Throwing my hat into the "this is incredibly stupid" ring.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: April 21, 2008, 07:07:21 PM

That's a mighty fine hat.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
TenaciousMike
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: April 22, 2008, 06:16:23 AM

You guys act like Marvel is putting all their effort into this one book to make or break themselves.  It's a silly little comic that some of the writers and artists thought would be a fun project.

Granted, kinda stupid.

You're retarded.  They've been toying with this idea for YEARS.  Just because Heston kicked off a couple weeks before the official announcement means nothing.  I bet you are one of the weeping idiots who said Cloverfield was a ripoff of the 9/11 tragedy. 

___

Tenacious Mike
Mazakiel
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: April 22, 2008, 06:51:37 AM

You guys act like Marvel is putting all their effort into this one book to make or break themselves.  It's a silly little comic that some of the writers and artists thought would be a fun project.

Granted, kinda stupid.

You're retarded.  They've been toying with this idea for YEARS.  Just because Heston kicked off a couple weeks before the official announcement means nothing.  I bet you are one of the weeping idiots who said Cloverfield was a ripoff of the 9/11 tragedy. 

Wow, no shit?  That comes as a total surprise to me, especially since I quoted something to that effect in my post.  What ever would I do without you?  Would it help if I went back and made it green?  Or maybe I should just answer in kind and tell you to go fuck yourself. 

Yeah, I'll do that.  Go fuck yourself. 
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #12 on: April 23, 2008, 12:41:17 AM

All I can say is that I'd rather see resources devoted to doing this Marvel Apes thing instead of putting them into doing another Wolverine one-shot or pointless Secret Invasion tie-in that month.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Comics  |  Topic: Marvel Apes  
Jump to: