Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:37:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: CoH Newsletter out 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: CoH Newsletter out  (Read 2555 times)
UnSub
Contributor

on: October 22, 2004, 05:29:31 PM

It's available at:

http://www.cityofheroes.com/newsletter/0410/

and I assume that it is emailed to players too. Looks like there will be a Halloween event, possibly with those undead guys who are pictured. Could be interesting (if Cryptic have managed to get the villain balance right this time!).

blindy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: October 25, 2004, 08:27:09 AM

Those undead guys are Banished Pantheon zombies.  They're currently in the game, in Talos Island and (especially) Dark Astoria.
Big Gulp
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: October 25, 2004, 08:50:10 AM

The only complaint I can really conjure up about this game is how lackluster the events have been so far.  This is a game that's just crying out for whacky events like a giant, skyscraper tall robot running amok through the city, or how about gelatinous ooze slowly expanding throughout the city, zone by zone?  There's a lot of cool stuff you could do with this genre, but so far all we've seen are scattered new bad guys throughout the zones.  Not exactly the stuff of the legend.
Alkiera
Terracotta Army

The best part of SWG was the easy account cancellation process.

Reply #3 on: October 25, 2004, 11:42:13 AM

I, Undead anyone?

Alkiera

"[I could] become the world's preeminent MMO class action attorney.  I could be the lawyer EVEN AMBULANCE CHASERS LAUGH AT. " --Triforcer

Welcome to the internet. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used as evidence against you in a character assassination on Slashdot.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #4 on: October 25, 2004, 01:05:09 PM

Darkness Falls Across The Land
The Midnite Hour Is Close At Hand
Creatures Crawl In Search Of Blood
To Terrorize Y'awl's Neighbourhood
And Whosoever Shall Be Found
Without The Soul For Getting Down
Must Stand And Face The Hounds Of Hell
And Rot Inside A Corpse's Shell
The Foulest Stench Is In The Air
The Funk Of Forty Thousand Years
And Grizzy Ghouls From Every Tomb
Are Closing In To Seal Your Doom
And Though You Fight To Stay Alive
Your Body Starts To Shiver
For No Mere Mortal Can Resist
The Evil Of The Thriller
jpark
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: October 25, 2004, 01:14:00 PM

Somehow Big Gulp your desire reminds me of the final scene in the original Ghostbusters - when the Gargentuan Pillsbury Man ravages the city :)

Banished Pantheon are cool though - Dark Astoria is one of the few zones with instant atmosphere.

"I think my brain just shoved its head up its own ass in retaliation.
"  HaemishM.
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: October 25, 2004, 11:12:43 PM

If you think DA has atmosphere, wait till you do the Eden Trial.  

I SOOO fucking wish they had a zone like that that was available for entry any time, and not restricted to one trial that is level 39-41.

I will have to agree tho, DA is just such a sweet zone.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Jimbo
Terracotta Army

still drives a stick shift

Reply #7 on: October 28, 2004, 11:51:45 AM

Did anyone get to play Tuesday night on test server?  I was working, but heard it was a good time!

I still think they are gonna pop the undead in the hollows, since all the npc's are actin wierd and carrying torches and books.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: CoH Newsletter out  
Jump to: