Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:19:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: CoH to get skill system (kinda) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CoH to get skill system (kinda)  (Read 12070 times)
UnSub
Contributor

on: October 16, 2004, 05:49:59 AM

Vague details have been announced on the board and are in the latest issue of CGW.

Link:

http://boards.cityofheroes.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1552102&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1#1552102

Skills are City of Heroes' answer to the ubiquitous MMO crafting system - except they're totally different. Characters will be able to specialize in one of four different skill trees: Detective, Science, Communication, and Scholarship. They can further specialize in various areas of expertise, such as Forensics or Security for the Detective tree. Skills are level-independent and wholly optional; your character will be able to interact with myriad objects during the game, at which point he, (Ed. note: or she ), can attempt a series of skill checks. Success brings new objectives or perhaps some extra experiance. For example, succeeding at a Security check in a bomb infested building might reveal the explosives on the mission map.

Skills are learned and improved by studying at universities throughout Paragon City. You'll earn temporary, expendable skill boosts during missions; these are somewhat similar to inspirations but can also be converted into wisdom, which is used to add permanent skill boosts at the aformentioned universities. As with enhancements, you'll find generic skill improvements as well as stronger, more focused upgrades alon the lines of dual- and single- origin enhancements. The only skill you'll need now, though, is the patience to hold out for all this good stuff.

Big Gulp
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: October 16, 2004, 07:12:00 AM

I love these guys, I really do.  And thus the reason for my fanboidom; so much of the stuff they've added would have pretty much been releasable as a paid for expansion pack, but nope, they do it as a bi-monthly update.

Even were I to stop playing, these guys still get my money.
Mesozoic
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: October 16, 2004, 07:18:17 AM

Agreed.  CoH started out great and just keeps getting better.  I started playing it just to keep myself occupied until WoW, now I'm wondering if I even need another game.  

I also read that Issue 3 will include Hero v. Hero arenas.  That ought to be something to see.  Lets hope we get some stadium seating and /em popcorn.

...any religion that rejects coffee worships a false god.
-Numtini
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: October 16, 2004, 07:34:18 AM

I'm very much considering resubbing.  I'm going to see if EQ 2 can hold my attention (on release if I don't get in the beta somehow) and if not I'll probably be back to playing The Excellent and Extraordinary Electron Volt by the years end.

I am just way to impressed by thier determination to make CoH the best they possibly can.   And damnit the game is fun in a way that so many others aren't.

The only reason I let my sub run out in the first place was that by level 30 it was getting a bit 'grindy' with no real change to gameplay in the forseable future.  But now that they are adding in 'new stuff' left and right it might be able to keep my attention for another 10 levels or so.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Big Gulp
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: October 16, 2004, 07:48:45 AM

Quote from: Murgos

The only reason I let my sub run out in the first place was that by level 30 it was getting a bit 'grindy' with no real change to gameplay in the forseable future.  

You quit just before the game fundamentally changes.  Mid-30's are drastically, drastically different from the game before that.  Post 40 is likewise.
Xilren's Twin

Reply #5 on: October 16, 2004, 09:58:13 AM

They just keep coming with idea that just make sense in terms of both the comic genre and their games design and implement them in a cool way.  Can't wait to see this system.

BTW, i know SurfD posted on the Circle of Thorns underground cities being cool several month back; having just done my first mission in one I just had to say, "holy style dripping coolness batman"!  Easily one of the best flavored "dungeons" I have played through in any mmorpg this far, and considering these are randomly generated instanced areas, it makes it that much more impressive.  The screaming stone faces, the crystal prision cells with magic barriers, the pulsing crystal formations that either damage you, heal you or replenish your stamina (that made for some interesting battles), the teleporter portals, not to mentions some huge torchlit caves with rope bridges, waterfalls and of course demons flying around. They even had stone corridors where dust rains down from the ceiling randomly as if they were old and unstable.  I think i took like 20 screenshots.  Thank god this wasn;t a timed mission or i'd have failed from pure rubbernecking (not to mention these places are BIG).

I too may stay subscribed forever just to see what they come up with next.  Damn, I've reached fanboi status.  Oh well, it's worth it.  For great justice!

Xilren

"..but I'm by no means normal." - Schild
Big Gulp
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: October 16, 2004, 10:38:40 AM

Quote from: Xilren's Twin
having just done my first mission in one I just had to say, "holy style dripping coolness batman"!

Heh.  You're gonna piss your pants when you see the Shadow Shard.
Krakrok
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: October 16, 2004, 10:53:45 AM

Skills are level-independent and wholly optional; your character will be able to interact with myriad objects during the game, at which point he, (Ed. note: or she ), can attempt a series of skill checks. Success brings new objectives or perhaps some extra experiance. For example, succeeding at a Security check in a bomb infested building might reveal the explosives on the mission map. Skills are learned and improved by studying at universities throughout Paragon City.

Sounds like the skill system that was in Wasteland.
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: October 16, 2004, 11:18:17 AM

Just to add a little more fuel to the fire:

Gaming Groove Interview concering new developments in CoH and the coming Issue 3 expansion.

Among the interesting things mentioned:

Some Books:
The Web of Arachnos will transport readers back to the golden age, before the dawn of the masked hero. In the novel's thrilling pages, fans will learn the origins of Statesman and other prominent pieces of the game's background. It's the first of a planned trilogy that will uncover history up until the end of the Riki War.

A possible PnP role playing game

The First of the Epic Archetypes:
the alien Kheldians. In order to play one of these energy beings a player must first attain level 50 with a single character. After that, he can make as many Kheldians as he'd like. The goal with these Epic Archetypes is not simply to provide a new Archetype, but also to immerse the player in the game's rich mythology. As players will see, the Kheldians are deeply intertwined with the history and villain groups of Paragon City. In following expansions, we hope to continue opening up more of these Epic Archetypes.

Sure, the Epic Alts are pretty much fodder for the non uber casual, but come on, I am rapidly aproaching 45 (41 right now, and boy does that bar move fast, and hell, im a blaster, a fucking debt magnet, and still moving on pretty fast) and chances are, anyone who plays moderately regularly will have at least one level 50 or almost level 50 character by time this goes live.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: October 16, 2004, 01:25:43 PM

Wow, sounds like CoH may be getting better! I only unsubbed because I was having money trouble at the time. I may have to go back in and see what's up.

Any clue on how the new skill system will be used? I wonder if those missions where you have to "search for evidence" will be changed to use the detective skill for instance.

For those of you who have made it far into the game, what archetypes stay fun in late game? My primary was a blaster but I got the feeling that blasters would have issues in late game staying alive. How about scrappers?

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Big Gulp
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: October 16, 2004, 01:52:49 PM

Quote from: Riggswolfe
My primary was a blaster but I got the feeling that blasters would have issues in late game staying alive. How about scrappers?

In terms of late game power/survivability ratio I'd probably rate 'em like this:

Controller
Scrapper
Tanker
Blaster
Defender

That's not to say that blasters aren't phenomenal ass kickers, they are.  However, they can get owned fairly quickly if they don't lay down the smack hard, or utilitize some degree of control on the baddies.  Scrappers will always have more utility than tankers, but we're by no means a neglected class anymore.  Defenders, well, they're a group class.

Controllers, for all the pain they endure, once they get to 32 and get pets become nasty, nasty, nasty bastards.  Probably the toughest class in the game.  I don't begrudge them this, because like I said, they do go through a lot of pain to get there.
Mesozoic
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: October 16, 2004, 02:15:31 PM

When I consider the prospect of getting from 1 - 32 alongside the average CoH group, I scream a little.

-Numtini
Jain Zar
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: October 16, 2004, 02:39:05 PM

Which is why you can generally solo throughout CoH with little effort.  Its one of the reasons I consider it vastly superior to most other MMORPGs.  If you don't like dealing with people, you don't have to, and can wait till friends are online.  Since the sidekick system means levels don't mean as much when grouping, its not a level rush.  My current character pretty much went 1-20 in 2 weeks, but its been a level every week/2 weeks since.  I play casually.  And with publish 2, its even easier since missions pay out now.  I would say that folks shouldn't sidekick with people more than 10 levels higher than them though.  Outside of that, CoH's systems are nearly PERFECT.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: October 16, 2004, 04:21:42 PM

Quote from: Big Gulp

In terms of late game power/survivability ratio I'd probably rate 'em like this:

Controller
Scrapper
Tanker
Blaster
Defender

Holy shit. A melee class rating above a mage class in late game? (since that is essentially what a scrapper and blaster are). Do you think it is because CoH is not an item-centric game so Scrappers aren't dependent on getting an Uber sword/axe/armor/etc to compete?

I stayed away from scrappers simply because I'm used to melee being gimped in most of these games and made only to take hits for the big guys

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
doubleplus
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: October 16, 2004, 04:26:54 PM

Yet another of my recent pick ups. Is there an official server anymore? The guild forum seems a bit dead.

WoW! GaH!
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #15 on: October 16, 2004, 04:40:16 PM

Quote from: Mesozoic
When I consider the prospect of getting from 1 - 32 alongside the average CoH group, I scream a little.

With the new mission completion xp awards, I find that I don't need to group as long as I play a soloable archetype.

I played for an hour and a half today and got from 4 bubbles into 28 to 3 bubbles from 29.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: October 16, 2004, 04:42:26 PM

Quote from: CmdrSlack
[With the new mission completion xp awards, I find that I don't need to group as long as I play a soloable archetype.

What would you suggest as a good soloable archetype for scrappers?

jpark
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: October 16, 2004, 05:23:53 PM

At level 37 I recently did the Terra Volta respec task force trial.  I was impressed that the mission had more strategic elements than a regular mission.

For example:  At the end of the TF you have to protect the powers source from attacking villians.  The power source emits radiation.  To intercept villians you have to stay near the powers source to protect - but you take constant damage fore being close.  The reactor itself gets damaged from the villians.

So on top of super crowd control - players take turns running tack to a room to get a protective force field against the reactor refreshed on their body.  Each player also carries a one charge healer pack to repair the reactor of damage.  

My point is that the game has improved - and the Terra volta respec mission is a recent change - which you should do if you have not already.  Hell I did not even need respec - it was just neat to do.

"I think my brain just shoved its head up its own ass in retaliation.
"  HaemishM.
Mesozoic
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: October 16, 2004, 05:26:40 PM

My "scream" comment was in response to Controllers.  They are not soloers, at least not through the 20s.

Pretty much any scrapper can solo well.  Conventional scrapper wisdom is that invuln and regen are the best, and that at this point dark armor is probably the worst.  Invuln may get a nerf owing to its tendency to piss off tankers, and regen may see some tuning down of its uber Instant Heal, which at the moment is a class-defining power at level 28 and beyond.  Be advised that Invuln scrappers dont have the mobility or the status protection of a regen or a SR.  I myself avoid SR like the plague because I like to have a point of end available once in a while.

On the offensive side, the min-maxers like spines for its AE effects.  Martial Arts got a retune of its early attacks which seem to have helped a lot, but I haven't played an MA since Issue 2 so I wouldn't know.  If you go for Dark (like me) or broadsword, plan on picking up hasten.  Claws and katana are generally too fast for it.  

Just my 2 cents.

-Numtini
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: October 16, 2004, 10:33:19 PM

Hmmm, in all honesty, pretty much ANY archetype other then Deffender is highly solo friendly near the end game.

Scrappers or Tanks are very solo friendly, mainly due to their ability to mitigate large amounts of incoming damage.  Scrappers kick ass in this regard almost far too much (Regen secondary, Im looking at you).  Your main problem with soloing a tank at later levels, unless you are Fire/Fire, is going to be getting through the grind TO the higher levels.  Lack of fast damage on the Tank makes them slow work.

Blasters are GREAT soloers.  Regardless of the fact that they have hitpoints like a wet rag, they can usually mow through pretty damn much anything in their path.  The ONLY reason you really die too often as a blaster is because you either deliberately bite off more then you can chew, or you run into something that Stunns/Mezzes, and cant kill it fast enough.  Tip: Deffense inspirations are your friend.

Any controller class  that gets pets is pretty much set once they get their last primary power (Which leaves Mind controll to get the shit end of the stick).  Fire Imps are SICK.  Illusion is pretty much like having you own personal team of blasters who are summonable on demand.  Gravety gets Singularities, and dropping 2 or 3 of them on the battlefield basicly locks EVERYTHING in your path down.  Not sure how well Jack frost, the Animated Shit and the Dark pet work, but I imagine they hold their own fairly well.  Add in the fact that you yourself get holds, and a pretty much all the Deffender primaires as secondary lines to choose from and you are golden after 32.  Now, GETTING to 32 might be a different story entirely :P

Deffenders, from the solo point of view, are almost universaly shit out of luck, with the exception of maybe Kintics and Radiation builds.  But then again, when your ENTIRE purpose of existance is to DEFFEND and buff other AT's, i guess you cant really fault it.

Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: October 16, 2004, 11:10:39 PM

My main was an ice/ice blaster. i chose him for the slowing ability which seemed to give me more time to kill stuff.

Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: October 17, 2004, 01:58:42 AM

Regen only looks uber from the outside. If you play regen you learn to pick your fights carefully. Regen gets no native avoidance and very little mitigation, so you either have to get it from pool powers or avoid enemies who can hit really hard like Freakshow and Rikti. I could solo groups of +2
5th column or Crey fairly well but a couple of Freaks or Rikti soldiers would kill me easily. Regen is only powerful when the damage healed can keep up with incoming damage. It's defence is nothing compared to invulnerabiliy, which can put you up to the avoidance cap with a skill that ups your avoidance depending on how many mobs are beating on you, and mitigates up to 80% of incoming damage with skills from the secondary line.

People see regen scrappers do seemingly amazing things, not realizing they are picking their targets carefully and often using a lot of luck inspirations to accomplish it. If instant healing was toned down much, regen would become gimper than super reflexes was on release. Instant healing already is the biggest endurance hog in the game, I think I had 4 end reducers and one heal so in mine when I quit.
Fargull
Contributor

Reply #22 on: October 17, 2004, 09:53:33 AM

Phred,

You can build a Regen to take almost any beating if you survive the alpha strike.  I can handle three +2 Tanks at 36th without issues.

I have IH 6 slotted 3 with end reducers and 3 with heal.  I have tough 6 slotted with def resist.  And the biggest magic to the IH line is adding Dull Pain on top of it... 40% more HP and 20% faster Regen rate...

They made a fix on how QR works and with both QR 6 slotted and Stam 6 slotted I do not run out of End unless I am fighting a horde of lightening welders.

Regen is probably the most fun since Integration and IH provide a very mobile able to take a beating machine; however, I have seen both an Inv Scrapper and Tank take on 50+ enemies...  I would not be comfortable taking on half that amount even if they are blue... while the Inv was taking on +3/+4 mobs at that amount.

The probelm with Regen is you do not shine till around 29th/31st when you get IH slotted up.

I have seen Dark/Dark defenders doing amazing things late mid game (upper 30's).  I do not have a character over 40 yet.. and post 40 is when I hear the Regen gets another shot in the jaw for soloing.  30-40 is supposed to be golden for Regen.

"I have come to believe that a great teacher is a great artist and that there are as few as there are any other great artists. Teaching might even be the greatest of the arts since the medium is the human mind and spirit." John Steinbeck
Big Gulp
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: October 17, 2004, 10:03:29 AM

Quote from: Fargull
I do not run out of End unless I am fighting a horde of lightening welders.

Wait 'til you meet the Malta Group.  The game turns very different after 40 and much harder.
Sable Blaze
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: October 17, 2004, 10:13:15 AM

Dark/dark defenders are very effective, if not very fast, soloers. They're powerful, as much controller as defender. The dark servant (a.k.a. dark fluffy) is a versatile and deadly pet. They can have as many as four out, depending on build, and they root, mez, heal and just in general raise all sorts of hell. D3s are THE defender to have vs. archvillains.

Any scrapper will work pretty well. All the scrapper primaries are very effective at laying waste to the villainous hordes of CoH. Scrapper secondaries are where the differences are.

Dark armor is presently probably the weakest. It has a number of defender-like abilities. It is effective, but lack of stacking shields means DAs have issues vs. the villains of the post-35 game. Big issues. Split damage and omnipresent status effects renders DA vulnerable late in the game. A fix is, supposedly, in the pipeline.

Regen is pretty much the standard against which all scrappers are held. Very mobile, very effective status protection, IH is a superb defense effective against all damage, and a practically never-ending supply (assuming you've built for it...) of endurance to keep you going. Downsides are a huge vulnerablity to END bar attacks (malta sappers) or stacked holds/sleeps that drop toggles. Regen probably looks stronger than it really is from outside. They tend to be fine or dead. There isn't much of a middle ground for regen scrappers.

Invul probably isn't well understood by most that play. It's not what some would have you to believe. Against ideal foes, invul is practically unstoppable (pun intended). Against foes that exploit its weaknesses, invul is practically useless. It's not a high mobility set and tenda to play more like a tank than other scrappers. Invul has two status effect abilities and both are effective, but for different things. Some would have you believe only unstoppable is the way to go, but it has a pronounced vulnerabiltiy to speed debuffs--with predictable results. Invul is a smashmouth build. You stand, take it and dish it out in spades. You'll be practically helpless in the face of psionic or untyped damage attacks. You do have ways to deal with END attacks.

SR gets a bad rep from the early levels where it lacks slots and whole ability sets to protect itself. It's definatly a finesse build. SR is very mobile and has what is arguably the best status protection in the game. Practiced Brawler isn't toggle dependent, is very cheap, easy to make permanent and you still have to get through SR's prime defense to even score a hit against its protecion. SR laughs at status effect heavy mobs. Throw in elude to cover against END drain attacks and the late game SR scrapper is extremely effective. However, like regen, SR works great until it doesn't--then you faceplant in seconds. A few lucky hits against your defenses and you're done. SR also has complete protection against all damage types. It has no recovery powers at all.

That's a rough outline of what scrappers are like. The secondaries are what define your scrapper. Your primary is pretty much up to a preference call. They all work extremely well, though some better with some secondaries than others. I primarily play invul, but probably would never make another one. It's a soloist set, slow moving, and doesn't group well with a variety of other sets. SR is my own favorite, but it's a very long term build. My own SR scrapper's plan runs clear to level 50, not a wasted slot or abilitiy to be seen. Regen is probably easiest to play. DA is the most interesting and varied, but until it gets more complete defenses, it's weak in the late game (though, if it's present shields are allowed to stack as they are now, it'll be a monster).

That's my view of scrapperdom as it exists today.
29A

Email
Reply #25 on: October 17, 2004, 01:01:59 PM

Quote from: Riggswolfe
Quote from: CmdrSlack
[With the new mission completion xp awards, I find that I don't need to group as long as I play a soloable archetype.

What would you suggest as a good soloable archetype for scrappers?

- Dark/Invuln scrappers are pretty much Gods in many situation, they are broken like the old Smoke Grenading /dev blaster. Spines scrappers are great too. The scrapper AT in general is a good soloer, however I think some nerfs will be coming to stop them herding and soloing 200+ mobs the same time.
Sable Blaze
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: October 17, 2004, 03:26:12 PM

I had a very nice post shooting this bullshit argument down in flames. Sadly, I hit the wrong button and it's loooong gone. Oh well.

I'll just sum up the good parts. Invincibiliy in no way compares to the Smoke Grenade situation. SG was bugged. Period. It was coded incorrectly and was fixed. Fixed. FIXED. Again, for the terminally dense: fixed. As in not nerfed. Fixed.

Invul has plenty of gaps in it's defense and resistances. It's a good set, but no better than regen, and only situationally better than SR. With a bunch of lucks regen can herd mobs to the fare-the-well. DA, too, for that matter. Herding is a gameplay issue and not a powerset issue. If Cryptic decides they don't like it, there's plenty of changes they could make in mob AI to spike this activity right now. So far, they seem not to care past reducing numbers of mob spawns in PI.

Lets not see this particular stupidity pollute these boards again.
29A

Email
Reply #27 on: October 17, 2004, 04:03:07 PM

Don't need to get jumpy, I play a /dev blaster, and I was FOR the fix. It was beyond broken. But you can't tell me with a straight face that herding 200+ mobs with ZERO risk is not broken. It's not just a gameplay issue, it's also a build issue, or you would see any AT herding.
Sable Blaze
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: October 17, 2004, 07:42:40 PM

You see only tanks and scrappers herding since they're the ATs that can retain aggro. FF defenders probably could herd very well IF they took provoke. In fact, the most successful I've seen are regen scrappers. A row of lucks will do anything invincible will do and more.

There isn't exactly "zero" risk either. I spent most of this evening farming hydras and not-so-large pulls had me in the red repeatedly, and that's only a dozen or two--more than enough to have my +def at the 5% cap. Since hydra spit is unclassified, this only shows up the limits on invincible. There are better mobs for this, but so what? It works OK with Nemesis and great with wolves, but you wouldn't dare with Carnies, Malta, or psychic clockworks. It's so situational it's hardly worth discussing.

You can stage about anything in this game with enough tries and inspirations. I file herding whines in the same mental circular file as those concerning scrappers soloing AVs. Practically no one I know does it on a regular basis and I rarely see it in evidence outside of instanced outdoor missions. It is a gameplay issue, but, again, Cryptic seems relatively unconcerned with it. I very seriously doubt we'll see any changes to ATs just because of this foolishness.
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: October 17, 2004, 10:19:35 PM

Speaking of Scrappers soloing AVs.  I would seriously like to see the first sorry ass scrapper who takes a go at soloing Nosferatu :P

The Hanged Man

Email
Reply #30 on: October 18, 2004, 12:50:25 AM

My level 33 Storm Dark Defender solos just fine . Its handy to have 8 AOE attacks and debuff powers that always work on bosses.
Xilren's Twin

Reply #31 on: October 18, 2004, 08:14:28 AM

Quote from: The Hanged Man
My level 33 Storm Dark Defender solos just fine . Its handy to have 8 AOE attacks and debuff powers that always work on bosses.

I know it's not late game, but my lvl 26 Storm/Energy Defender is soloing fine.  Being able to consistently use Sniper Shot on close foes in battle due to Hurricane makes soloing much more effective.

I hope it doesn't change THAT much post 30's.

Xilren

"..but I'm by no means normal." - Schild
Fargull
Contributor

Reply #32 on: October 18, 2004, 08:30:59 AM

Xil,

I think the grind issues post 30 is in general because the XP requirements go up so that killing bosses +2 is the most effective method.  I know an Energy/Energy blaster that solo'd to 50 just hunting +3/+4 bosses.  Most defenders should be good to go except those setup mainly for support post 30.

Now... I do not have any real exp with a Def post 30, though I have a few friends that play nothing but defenders and the highest is an empath/dark defender who is now 44.  She mainly groups for xp and is actually highly sought after on the server.

"I have come to believe that a great teacher is a great artist and that there are as few as there are any other great artists. Teaching might even be the greatest of the arts since the medium is the human mind and spirit." John Steinbeck
Ardent
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: October 18, 2004, 10:53:12 AM

Just STOP IT!

Do NOT get me all excited about CoH again, just as WoW is on the verge of release! 'Tis evil temptation, I tells ya, EVIL!!

(In a small, hesitant voice): If I resubbed, would my Spines/Regen scrapper still be on the server?

Um, never mind.
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: October 18, 2004, 11:14:27 AM

Quote from: Ardent
Just STOP IT!

Do NOT get me all excited about CoH again, ...

I was thinking the exact same thing as I read through this thread. It's a good thing I just ordered myself a GeForce 6800 GT today and won't have the spare cash for another subscription... actually I do, but it sounds good doesn't it? Doesn't it?!

"Life is no cabaret... we're inviting you anyway." ~Amanda Palmer
"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
"Les vrais paradis sont les paradis qu'on a perdus." ~Marcel Proust
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: CoH to get skill system (kinda)  
Jump to: