Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 08:18:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: "Ask me ANYTHING!" Says creative director Chris Klug (Stargate worlds). 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Ask me ANYTHING!" Says creative director Chris Klug (Stargate worlds).  (Read 9738 times)
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

on: February 19, 2008, 12:55:18 PM

The creative director behind our upcoming MMO has pitched a tent in the "Ask Cheyenne Mountain Entertainment" forum. Ask him a question and he just might answer back!

view original : close
"Ask me anything, really," invites Klug. "Personal, game-related, whatever you want. If I know and can tell you, I will. If I know and I can't tell you yet, I'll tell you that. I'll tell you why we did stuff. Like Khatie said, you may not like the answer, but this is a 'no b.s.' zone."

This thread is filled with various nuggets of previously unanswered information about the game, as well as Klug himself. Despite his busy schedule, Chris has already found time to make an incredible number of responses! The community staff thanks him immensely and invites you to participate if you haven't already.

Ask Our Creative Director (Ledaye)! (Pronounced Luh-Day)

I think F13 should get in on this ASAP. He said anything.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008, 01:08:31 PM

Mr. Klug, why do people hate?

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: February 19, 2008, 01:13:38 PM

He's a good guy, from what I've read about him on the forums. 

SGW is my last hope of a good, engaging NONFUCKINGELFEARSORCSPIECEOFSHITFANTASYEQEQ2WOW MMO.

If it sucks, that will likely be my last go around for MMOs.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: February 19, 2008, 01:25:32 PM

SGW is my last hope of a good, engaging NONFUCKINGELFEARSORCSPIECEOFSHITFANTASYEQEQ2WOW MMO.

I was just reading your posts. Kinda a shame about the "Wall and cover" animations. He did say something i really like.

This is a quote:
We don't do Faction grinding

Sadly, i think this means the Wow-Heads will be at a loss, they are addicted to that crap. (Yes, i know, i stereotyped).

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: February 19, 2008, 01:41:37 PM

Boxers or briefs?

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: February 19, 2008, 01:59:41 PM

Over and out.
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: February 19, 2008, 02:06:09 PM

Someone always has to take a joke that little too far...  ACK!

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
Roac
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: February 19, 2008, 03:09:36 PM

I think it'll at least be decent, just from the people I know over there. 

-Roac
King of Ravens

"Young people who pretend to be wise to the ways of the world are mostly just cynics. Cynicism masquerades as wisdom, but it is the farthest thing from it. Because cynics don't learn anything. Because cynicism is a self-imposed blindness, a rejection of the world because we are afraid it will hurt us or disappoint us." -SC
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #8 on: February 19, 2008, 04:19:30 PM

Don't be silly.  It's a proven fact that nice people don't make nice things.  We all know it's rubbish until it's released and still interesting three weeks later.  It used to be cute when we had hope but now it's just snortifiably daft. 

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #9 on: February 19, 2008, 07:55:26 PM

Don't be silly.  It's a proven fact that nice people don't make nice things.  We all know it's rubbish until it's released and still interesting three weeks later.  It used to be cute when we had hope but now it's just snortifiably daft. 

The fact you say this with a Hello Kitty avatar makes it doubly soul crushing.

Dtrain
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: February 19, 2008, 08:00:09 PM

Mr. Klug, where do babies come from?
Roac
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: February 19, 2008, 08:18:44 PM

Don't be silly.  It's a proven fact that nice people don't make nice things. 

I never said they were nice.

-Roac
King of Ravens

"Young people who pretend to be wise to the ways of the world are mostly just cynics. Cynicism masquerades as wisdom, but it is the farthest thing from it. Because cynics don't learn anything. Because cynicism is a self-imposed blindness, a rejection of the world because we are afraid it will hurt us or disappoint us." -SC
Sunbury
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: February 20, 2008, 05:40:02 AM

From Ledaye -

You gain access to worlds through the mission tree. This means that you can't just go up to a terminal and type in coordinates unless you have the right mission.

Meh, I read that as forced quest progression and not free roaming, unless one can 'fish' for missions to see the world you want to.
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: February 20, 2008, 06:36:02 AM

I saw that this morning. 

Ugh..........
Lt.Dan
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: February 20, 2008, 05:07:56 PM

What makes SGW fun?

Why should I play SGW over any other MMO?

He fails for answering with PR drivel or generic design pap.
TripleDES
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: February 23, 2008, 08:06:56 AM

From Ledaye -

You gain access to worlds through the mission tree. This means that you can't just go up to a terminal and type in coordinates unless you have the right mission.

Meh, I read that as forced quest progression and not free roaming, unless one can 'fish' for missions to see the world you want to.
That's fucking dumb. Mild interest = lost.

EVE (inactive): Deakin Frost -- APB (fukken dead): Kayleigh (on Patriot).
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: February 23, 2008, 09:31:39 AM

I turned Sunbury's statement into a question, and the answer was 'some worlds will require a mission to get to, but once you've completed the mission, you can go to that world any time you want'. 

Not quite as cockblockish, but cockblockish either way.
TripleDES
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: February 24, 2008, 04:06:49 AM

Go ask how large and detailed the various worlds will be. Game won't be fun if they're all closet-sized (or rather, jokes like 512mx512m).

EVE (inactive): Deakin Frost -- APB (fukken dead): Kayleigh (on Patriot).
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: February 24, 2008, 06:43:10 AM

That's been asked and the answer was 'some are bigger than others, and it depends on the technical restraints within the particular world/zone/instance' or something very similar.  Not a straight up answer, but there you go.

We know there will be instances - hell, the premise of SGW lends itself very well to instances, especially as far as being the good guys (SG teams) is concerned.  Not sure how well that translates for the bad guys (OPCORE, other).
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: "Ask me ANYTHING!" Says creative director Chris Klug (Stargate worlds).  
Jump to: