Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:59:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Comics  |  Topic: Sale at milehigh 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sale at milehigh  (Read 2562 times)
Furiously
Terracotta Army

on: February 10, 2008, 02:11:05 AM

In case anyone wants to buy a shitton of comics on Sunday.

Howdy!

As most of you already know, I have spent most of the past 100 days out on the road, buying back issue comics and magazines at various comics shows. I've given all of you blow-by-blow descriptions in the various installments of this newsletter about successes in buying great collections of rare comics, and I've also provided you with a few estimates of the value of my acquisitions. Sometimes, however, even I am bowled over by the stunning magnitude of the final totals. To be specific, I was just informed yesterday that the program that we run to calculate the total retail value of our back issue comics and magazine inventory that we list on our website has shown a net rise of over three million dollars (!!!), since just November 15th! Now that is some seriously focused comics buying! Especially considering that is a net gain, after the total impact of all of the huge sales that we held during the past three months have been fully taken into account.

So, why am I telling you that we've added three million dollars in comics to our website? Because, I fully intend to share our blessed success with all of you. Before I came to realize just how well we were doing, it had been my intention to end the 50% Off KEEPBUYING! codeword as of this upcoming Monday morning. After all, steep discount codewords have frequently been a mixed blessing for us in the past, as they do make all of you very happy, but at the same time, they also tend to really deplete our stock of better comics. Upon carefully reviewing our inventory of key titles yesterday, such as Spider-Man (1963), X-Men (1963), Batman, Iron Man, Hulk, Daredevil, Superman, and many others, I discovered that we've actually significantly expanded our breadth, and depth, of inventory in every single instance, as compared to November 15th! We are astoundingly well stocked right now with really great comics, so there is absolutely no reason why we cannot continue offering you the KEEPBUYING! codeword sale!

Given how hard I have been working for the past few months in trying to track down great comics deals, I suppose that these wonderful inventory numbers should not have come as such a shock to me. I tend to be fairly conservative in my estimates, however, which is why I am sometimes very pleasantly surprised. That having been said, I spoke at length with my assistant, Will Moulton, yesterday about how we could share this windfall with all of you, and we ultimately decided to add an additional 5% rebate into the existing 50% off Codeword program! Yes, that means that the KEEPBUYING! codeword is now a 55% off codeword! In effect, were you to shop our website right now, every single comic book we list, with the sole exception of new issues and the Dallas Stephens books, are all available to you at only 45% of our list prices. And that's not the end of it. Before we made that decision on the codeword rebate, we had already altered the discounting parameters on the website earlier in the day by another 2%, increasing the base discounts on all of our back issues to a minimum of 7% off on our very last copies in stock on rare issues, up to 32% off on issues where we have at least 10 copies in stock.

Now, I fully realize that the math starts getting insanely complicated when you try to factor in the 55% off KEEPBUYING! codeword discount on top of a base discount of 7%. I did run the numbers on my calculator, however, and the result is that, if you use the 55% off KEEPBUYING! codeword over the next five days, your absolute minimum discount on any back issue that we list will be 58% off, with a huge number of issues at 69% off! Quite frankly, when you're buying comics from us at 31% of our list price, we're essentially giving them to you. We barely cover our labor costs to fill your order, and to pay for the free shipping (minimum $40 USA - $100 Internationally, no express carriers). Nevertheless, I fully realize that I would never have been able to increase our inventory so immensely during the past 90 days without your amazingly generous support. Simply put, that makes me beholden to you, and I am going to repay your kindness by giving you the unique opportunity to buy any qualifying back issue that you wish from our website at simply ridiculously low prices. As this insane weekend sale should clearly illustrate, I was not at all kidding in my past newsletters when I said that your support of my buying efforts at conventions would be generously repaid...

So you know, aside from the new issues and the Dallas Stephens books, there are no other restrictions on this 58%-69% off sale. Even the New-In-Stock and $50+ New-In-Stock issues that we'll be putting up over the weekend will be included. This is one sale where you will flat out need to order right away, however, as I think that we are going to be overwhelmed with orders. Orders that come in through next Tuesday morning at noon can still utilize the 55% off KEEPBUYING codeword, but the later you wait to place your order, the longer it may take to ship. As we proved with our huge Christmas sale. We can work down any order backlog. It sometimes just takes a while...

Please also note that this sale will not be extended. I have yet to decide exactly what we'll do for our marketing idea for next week, but this particularly generous comics sale is really intended only for those of you who read this newsletter regularly. As strange as it may sound, if I were to hold this 55% off sale for any longer than 5 days, I actually worry that the word will get out about our insane discounting to other comics dealers, and that they will buy us out on key issues. So Tuesday, at noon, is the absolute deadline. Put together your order, right now!

That's it for today. I already know that the minute that this newsletter starts to mail, that orders will start flooding in to us. I'm going to hustle on down to Denver now, and help get things ready for the rush...

Happy collecting!

Chuck Rozanski,
President - Mile High Comics, Inc.

Velorath
Contributor

Reply #1 on: February 10, 2008, 02:28:47 AM

Which drops them down from being "you've got to be fucking kidding me" overpriced, to somewhat less overpriced.  Also, the code doesn't work for TPB's.  Plus they employed SirBruce.  In conclusion, fuck Mile High Comics.
schild
Administrator

Reply #2 on: February 10, 2008, 02:30:12 AM

^^^ truth
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Comics  |  Topic: Sale at milehigh  
Jump to: