Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:01:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  But is it Fun?  |  Topic: Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles - Capcom - Wii 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles - Capcom - Wii  (Read 2639 times)
voodoolily
Contributor

Finnuh, munnuh, muhfuh, I enjoy creating new written vernacular, s'all.

on: February 03, 2008, 10:48:15 AM

So Sauced and I quit smoking 3 weeks ago and have been real homebodies. I've been going a little stir-crazy, and finally DEMANDED that he take me out on a date to Japanese food and the nickel arcade. The nickel arcade has really started to suck since the last time we were there, but we had paid our admission and decided to pick up the guns at one of those cheesy Uwe Boll film fodder zombie shooters, House of the Dead 4.

It was really fun. Then Sauced told me there was a RE game for the Wii that was almost identical. WIN.

So we picked it up yesterday and spent our Saturday night shooting zombies and hell hounds and radula-faced leeches that turn into zombies. I'm not going to go into the story, because it so completely secondary to the fun of the game. Who gives a shit about super-sekkrit underground biohazard facilities when there are zombies to kill?  Zombies to kill cooperatively?

As you go through each area (creepy mansion, dilapidated train car, biohazard testing facility, etc.) you are REWARDED for shooting up the place by getting backstory note sheets and bonuses for the number of objects destroyed. Shooting out every lightbulb you see also provides the added fun of playing in the dark. Getting more bonus points means better weapons upgrades means better replay. Why replay a difficult area with your shitty Samurai Edge handgun when you can go back through with a grenade launcher?

Umbrella Chronicles perfectly mirrors arcade-style light-gun rail shooters for the home gamer. If you have an extra $20, you could play it with the Zapper attachment for the Wiimote. Playing at home is minimally less-thrilling as kicking zombie ass while 11-year old fucks heckle you from the sidelines, but it is a perfect waste of a rainy afternoon. And this way your wife can't say you never do anything together.

-

BUY IT.

Edit: added images
Edit By Schild: Fixed Formatting and resized an image (450px width plz) and killed an image.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 12:04:43 PM by schild »

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
The Legend of Zephyr - a different blog.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  But is it Fun?  |  Topic: Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles - Capcom - Wii  
Jump to: