Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:15:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, the news I mentioned in another thread. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, the news I mentioned in another thread.  (Read 12735 times)
Joe
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: October 12, 2004, 09:16:20 PM

Fucking sellout.
slog
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: October 23, 2004, 05:29:26 AM

Friends don't let Friends vote for Boomers
Calantus
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: October 23, 2004, 07:38:09 AM

Ah, a playtester. There's nothing quite like a job you can bitch about incessantly and still like anyway. Congrats. ;)
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #38 on: October 23, 2004, 04:38:22 PM

He should have taken my advice and changed his name to Jason.  There are 7 Jasons in that small company.  Obviously, something sinister must be going on.  It probably would have to his advantage to be named Jason.

I want to write his profile.  I have all sorts of things I want to write about him.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: October 23, 2004, 05:01:09 PM

As much as I've been known to give you shit Schild (especially about EQ2) I am happy for you and extremely jealous. The only thing I can imagine potentially sucking about playtesting is the potential to be utterly sick of a game before it ever releases.

Good luck. I'll have to be like "Yeah, I know the guy who playtested this game. Well sorta. We post on a board together. He tells me to shut up. "

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Hanzii
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: October 24, 2004, 12:38:40 PM

Quote from: Riggswolfe
As much as I've been known to give you shit Schild (especially about EQ2) I am happy for you and extremely jealous. The only thing I can imagine potentially sucking about playtesting is the potential to be utterly sick of a game before it ever releases.

... Not to mentioning having to spend days trying to recreate the same bug while being paid like shit.

At least, that's the playtesting I know - this company might be different. And anyway, it is an entry level position, if working your way from th bottom is your thing.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would like to discuss this more with you, but I'm not allowed to post in Politics anymore.

Bruce
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: October 24, 2004, 02:25:33 PM

Quote from: Hanzii
At least, that's the playtesting I know - this company might be different. And anyway, it is an entry level position, if working your way from th bottom is your thing.

I like to call it paying your dues, which is what I am clinging to in my current job.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Hanzii
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: October 24, 2004, 03:00:10 PM

Quote from: Riggswolfe
Quote from: Hanzii

I like to call it paying your dues, which is what I am clinging to in my current job.

I wouldn't go that far, but working your way up is fine. It depends on how difficult a field is to break into (if it's hard and it's something you really want, you should atempt any route, that will bring you to your goal eventually) as well as your age.
Me, I prefer entering at the middle level and then rushing at the top, before people realize what I'm doing - I'm too old to work my way up all the way from the bottom.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would like to discuss this more with you, but I'm not allowed to post in Politics anymore.

Bruce
schild
Administrator

Reply #43 on: October 24, 2004, 03:28:29 PM

I'm 22.
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #44 on: October 24, 2004, 03:53:52 PM

Quote from: schild
I'm 22.

And you don't look a day over 30!
Calantus
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: October 24, 2004, 06:13:45 PM

Yeah, you definately don't look a year older than me. I thought late 20's when I saw the pic.

Playtesting something over and over again isn't all that bad if you have the temperament for it, I think of it as programming without having to code or fix anything. Of course I jumped out of programming into a govt job, but that's more because I grew bored with programming than got sick of testing code over and over and over and over again.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #46 on: October 25, 2004, 09:56:53 AM

Quote from: Calantus
Yeah, you definately don't look a year older than me. I thought late 20's when I saw the pic.

It's the late hours, speedballs of caffeine and lack of sunlight.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, the news I mentioned in another thread.  
Jump to: