Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 01:21:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: CoH/V might be on the PS3 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: CoH/V might be on the PS3  (Read 5092 times)
UnSub
Contributor

on: January 16, 2008, 07:26:26 PM

From NCsoft's new NA President Chris Chung:

1UP: We've heard that NCSoft's newest studio in California is dedicated both to maintaining the City of Heroes franchise and to working on PS3 development. So would it be a great leap to expect City of Heroes-related content on the PS3?

Chung: [laughs] I can't tell you specifically, but yes, we are reviewing all our titles. In my opinion, there are a number of titles in our portfolio that are really suitable for consoles, and City of Heroes is one of them. But we're looking at all of our products.

Guild Wars seems a more logical candidate, especially since Chung's history is with that MMO. However, I didn't know that NC^2 was working on CoH/V AND PS3 development, so it could fit.

I would have asked if Chung was behind the dumping of Spacetime / Blackstar, but I suppose the article was mainly a puff piece.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #1 on: January 16, 2008, 07:45:41 PM

I think I'd give it a go on a console.  I don't have a PS3 yet but at the rate the price goes down, I might HAVE to get one.  So weak am I.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Jimbo
Terracotta Army

still drives a stick shift

Reply #2 on: January 17, 2008, 11:05:10 AM

Does the PS3 support keyboard and mouse?  Hell, whoever supports keyboard and mouse and gets  WoW will have money hats....
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #3 on: January 17, 2008, 04:39:23 PM

Apparently the PS3 has enough USB ports to support such things. I don't think there is an official PS3 keyboard though.

DaZog
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: January 17, 2008, 10:49:22 PM

oh man.. I can't wait for console folks to step into Virtue's Pocket D for the first time.

the lulz would be epic.
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #5 on: January 18, 2008, 07:32:18 AM

Apparently the PS3 has enough USB ports to support such things. I don't think there is an official PS3 keyboard though.

Any USB or Bluetooth keyboard will work out of the box. So, basically, every keyboard made currently (do they even make PS/2 keyboards anymore?)
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #6 on: January 19, 2008, 04:21:00 PM

Mouse would be a killer for all those FPS on PS3. Too bad it is not supported by the games apparently. Meh  swamp poop

stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #7 on: January 20, 2008, 08:04:34 PM

Mouse/kb works for UT at least.

Not sure what other fps's, but whatever. Some of those games are cool no matter what.
Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: January 22, 2008, 10:28:25 AM

Any USB or Bluetooth keyboard will work out of the box. So, basically, every keyboard made currently (do they even make PS/2 keyboards anymore?)

Only for the really retro among us. http://pckeyboards.stores.yahoo.net/cus101usenon.html.

After 25 years I can't use any other keyboard. :(
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: CoH/V might be on the PS3  
Jump to: