Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 09:21:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  But is it Fun?  |  Topic: The Typing of the Dead - Smilebit - Dreamcast/PC 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Typing of the Dead - Smilebit - Dreamcast/PC  (Read 7355 times)
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

on: January 10, 2008, 08:25:46 AM

I never took a touch typing class, but I type for a living so I figured this would not be so hard.  It is.  The tutorial isn't fun, so I tried the real game.  The real game would be fun if I could type without looking at the keyboard.  I'm going to give this a "Rent" even though I don't think it's possible to rent it.  If you have a GameTap sub, just try it.  I hope you can touch type, or are willing to learn.
-
Rent

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
schild
Administrator

Reply #1 on: January 10, 2008, 08:30:27 AM

*fingers in ears*

lalallalalalaalala i can't hear you

best typing game ever best typing game ever best typing game ever best typing game ever best typing game ever

lalalallaa
Ookii
Staff Emeritus

is actually Trippy

Reply #2 on: January 10, 2008, 08:31:04 AM

Okay this game is awesome and you know it.

How are you reviewing typing games when you can't type properly  Ohhhhh, I see.

It's biased!

schild
Administrator

Reply #3 on: January 10, 2008, 08:32:47 AM

I'm actually shocked Yeg has to look at the keyboard when typing.
Abelian75
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: January 10, 2008, 08:40:49 AM

I'm going to have to agree that this is the greatest typing game ever.
NowhereMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: January 10, 2008, 08:50:36 AM

In fairness the competition for greatest typing game ever isn't exactly huge.

Though admittedly it's not really my cup of tea either. I can touch type but not much beyond 4 fingers so I'm not the speediest.

"Look at my car. Do you think that was bought with the earnest love of geeks?" - HaemishM
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #6 on: January 10, 2008, 09:30:42 AM

I'm actually shocked Yeg has to look at the keyboard when typing.

I am properly ashamed by my failure.  Typing for a living and what not.  If they were all AIX commands, I'd be OK.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #7 on: January 10, 2008, 11:23:22 AM

Back in my day we learned how to touch type on *manual* typewriters and liked it!
sidereal
Contributor

Reply #8 on: January 10, 2008, 12:00:30 PM

Touch-typing is sort of a necessary skill for the game.

My first couple of playthroughs I thought it was a little hard.  Then I found out it's not really case sensitive and you can ignore spacing.  Like if the sentence is "The Monkey is eating my Pickle" you can just type 'themonkeyiseatingmypickle".  Then it was a little too easy.  The fact that the avatars actually have little backpack keyboards, like they're typing shit to death themselves, makes this one of the finest games ever created.  BUY BUY BUY!

THIS IS THE MOST I HAVE EVERY WANTED TO GET IN TO A BETA
Ookii
Staff Emeritus

is actually Trippy

Reply #9 on: January 10, 2008, 01:44:00 PM

Touch-typing is sort of a necessary skill for the game.

As is an index finger for the lightgun version.

damijin
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: January 10, 2008, 05:12:16 PM

TotD always kicked the shit out of HotD.

House was just another light gun arcade zombie game. Two player Typing of the Dead was like a certified nerd-off.

I'll type any challenger's ass straight into next week.
justdave
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: January 11, 2008, 07:59:55 PM

Jesus, I had forgotten about this one. This was pure hot and cold liquid running awesome from both taps, if only because you 'played' as a group of MIB-equivalents with dreamcast backpacks and waist-mounted keyboards. The only thing that pissed me off was that I actually bought that fucking dreamcast keyboard, but never played this until it was a bargain-bin PC port...

"They started to resist with a crust that was welded with human brain and willpower."
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  But is it Fun?  |  Topic: The Typing of the Dead - Smilebit - Dreamcast/PC  
Jump to: