Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 10:34:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: EQ2 Beta Contest (from f13) (originally from IGN) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: EQ2 Beta Contest (from f13) (originally from IGN)  (Read 62847 times)
schild
Administrator

Reply #140 on: October 13, 2004, 01:36:20 PM

Quote from: HaemishM
Wow... only schild posts more than me.

And most of those are in private messages. If you'll notice, the private message cap is set at 700 messages. That's because I keep adding a couple hundred when I max it out.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #141 on: October 13, 2004, 01:38:55 PM

Quote from: schild
Quote from: HaemishM
Wow... only schild posts more than me.

And most of those are in private messages. If you'll notice, the private message cap is set at 700 messages. That's because I keep adding a couple hundred when I max it out.

Scary.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #142 on: October 13, 2004, 01:48:33 PM

I didn't realize this counted PM's.

I am still a /sadf.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #143 on: October 13, 2004, 01:59:14 PM

Quote from: Paelos
Don't worry Merusk, I declined.

I know, I discounted the folks who said 'not interested'.  Either way I'd still be 1 slot behind. I am sadf since it's far past noon, and I imagine schild has done his issuances.  PM time I s'pose.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #144 on: October 13, 2004, 02:42:22 PM

I think this is the first time I have even really bothered to look at my post count. Wonder how much money I have been paid by my work to post here... hummm.. food for thought.

I hope I get an invite, but I wont be "OMG crush my soul" if I dont get in.
WayAbvPar

Reply #145 on: October 13, 2004, 02:59:17 PM

Quote from: Hanzii
Quote from: WayAbvPar
In.

Postcount for the in...

I would hate to think that all my wasted time here was for naught! =P

Actually, I am just glad to have somewhere to post and hang out while I wait  for users to contact me. Backwater help desk jobs can have their benefits I guess.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
schild
Administrator

Reply #146 on: October 13, 2004, 03:01:50 PM

If I had to guess, I've written between 600 and 700 private messages. Thankfully only about 10-20 have been what one would call 'disciplinary.' Haemish has me soundly beat since he responds to every thread just about twice. 2pm EST is the Haemish show when I pull up f13, his name covers "last post" for unread threads on the right.

It's like primetime television, but better.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #147 on: October 13, 2004, 03:03:09 PM

If I had to guess, I've written between 600 and 700 private messages. Thankfully only about 10-20 have been what one would call 'disciplinary.' Haemish has me soundly beat since he responds to every thread just about twice. 2pm EST is the Haemish show when I pull up f13, his name covers "last post" for unread threads on the right.

Guess I better get more obsessive and start posting more

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #148 on: October 13, 2004, 03:11:01 PM

Quote from: Merusk
I am sadf since it's far past noon, and I imagine schild has done his issuances.  PM time I s'pose.

That's my feeling as well.

schild
Administrator

Reply #149 on: October 13, 2004, 03:20:47 PM

Heh, I got the form faxed in to SOE. I'm still at work. I'm not playing the Excel Spreadsheet game here. SOE is only handing them out once per week anyway. The promotion started this week, so the first people probably won't here from them til monday.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #150 on: October 13, 2004, 03:22:27 PM

Heh, I got the form faxed in to SOE. I'm still at work. I'm not playing the Excel Spreadsheet game here. SOE is only handing them out once per week anyway. The promotion started this week, so the first people probably won't here from them til monday.

I now understand why you went with Mr. Ripley for your name in COH. Evil Schild. Keeping hope alive for us.

schild
Administrator

Reply #151 on: October 13, 2004, 03:30:46 PM

I went with Mr. Ripley because Ripley's Game had just come out. But your bit works too.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #152 on: October 13, 2004, 03:32:56 PM

I went with Mr. Ripley because Ripley's Game had just come out. But your bit works too.

Did you ever get them to add Talented as a title?

schild
Administrator

Reply #153 on: October 13, 2004, 03:34:52 PM

The dev who I'd been in contact with may or may not have gotten back to me after I quit the game. I may come back to CoH one day. But not right now, too many other (seemingly more interesting) games on the horizon to play the online beat-em-up.

Wish I'd been there for the Christopher Reeves memorial. Seems like the only proper way to honor the guy. Other than preempting Smallville tonight with Superman 2 or something (which I hope they didn't do...).
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #154 on: October 13, 2004, 03:38:20 PM

Wish I'd been there for the Christopher Reeves memorial. Seems like the only proper way to honor the guy. Other than preempting Smallville tonight with Superman 2 or something (which I hope they didn't do...).

I didn't hear about the memorial, what did they do? As for preempting Smallville I wouldn't mind. I may have to go buy Superman 2. Something about him being gone made me want to buy it.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #155 on: October 13, 2004, 04:10:14 PM

Quote from: Riggswolfe

I didn't hear about the memorial, what did they do? As for preempting Smallville I wouldn't mind. I may have to go buy Superman 2. Something about him being gone made me want to buy it.

Speaking of Superman II, I had a weird moment on Monday when I heard Christopher Reeves had died. Was returning some merchandise to Best Buy and they were playing Superman II on the TVs, which made me wonder how he was doing. The news on Monday wasn't quite what I'd been thinking of and gave me a bit of a creepy shiver.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #156 on: October 13, 2004, 04:15:54 PM

Quote from: Merusk
Speaking of Superman II, I had a weird moment on Monday when I heard Christopher Reeves had died. Was returning some merchandise to Best Buy and they were playing Superman II on the TVs, which made me wonder how he was doing. The news on Monday wasn't quite what I'd been thinking of and gave me a bit of a creepy shiver.

That may be why they played it. All I know is that usually when Actors die I'm kinda like "That sucks, no more movies from them" but I was legitimately sad when he died. I truly thought he'd walk again.

SirBruce
Terracotta Army

Reply #157 on: October 13, 2004, 06:40:06 PM

If I had to guess, I've written between 600 and 700 private messages. Thankfully only about 10-20 have been what one would call 'disciplinary.'

Sorry, I'll try to do a better job!

Bruce
Fargull
Contributor

Reply #158 on: October 13, 2004, 07:39:31 PM

Quote from: Riggswolfe

I didn't hear about the memorial, what did they do?

On virtue many wore a red cape as tribute.

"I have come to believe that a great teacher is a great artist and that there are as few as there are any other great artists. Teaching might even be the greatest of the arts since the medium is the human mind and spirit." John Steinbeck
schild
Administrator

Reply #159 on: October 13, 2004, 08:45:44 PM

I need the following people to send me (ONE) PM with thier name (first and last), SOE station name (your login for sonyonline.com), and email address (tied to the station name, and working):

Merusk
Big Gulp
MrHat
Rasix
Shockeye
Trippy

Next week I'll put up another handful. These are the people I already don't know the information for. If you don't already have a SonyOnline.com account, just go here (linkie).

Edit: BBCode is hard. And added someone to the list who I left off. Counting is hard.

Thanks for your interest.
Alkiera
Terracotta Army

The best part of SWG was the easy account cancellation process.

Reply #160 on: October 13, 2004, 09:29:08 PM

Merusk
Big Gulp
MrHat
Rasix
Shockeye
Trippy

Grats folks.

--
Alkiera

"[I could] become the world's preeminent MMO class action attorney.  I could be the lawyer EVEN AMBULANCE CHASERS LAUGH AT. " --Triforcer

Welcome to the internet. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used as evidence against you in a character assassination on Slashdot.
schild
Administrator

Reply #161 on: October 13, 2004, 09:33:46 PM

You do realize this isn't really a contest and I'm not punishing people by not letting them in. I'm just picking in order who I think contributes enough to get an account. There's still a boatload more to give away. Unfortunately Sony only wants to do 10 a week. I didn't think they were understaffed. Maybe/obviously wrong.
SirBruce
Terracotta Army

Reply #162 on: October 13, 2004, 09:52:18 PM

Who were the other 4 people?  Just curious. :)

Bruce
schild
Administrator

Reply #163 on: October 14, 2004, 07:38:31 AM

Still waiting on Shockeye and the Gulp. First person to PM me gets in today's mailing. Second person gets in the Monday mailing.

The other people for next weeks group will be announced Monday.
schild
Administrator

Reply #164 on: October 14, 2004, 07:46:20 AM

And the Gulp wins. Shockeye, get me your information so you can be in the Monday Group.
Big Gulp
Terracotta Army

Reply #165 on: October 14, 2004, 07:51:45 AM

I'd like to thank my agent, my partner Troy, and especially the academy.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #166 on: October 14, 2004, 08:08:25 AM

If it counts PM's, then I am definitely teh win. The scary part is I actually have my visits here timed, based on how busy I am at work. I try to hold off my first visit til about 10 am, because that usually gives me an hour to 90 minutes of entertainment. Then either before or after lunch (which is your 2 pm, schild). I've just had lunch and had about 40 minutes of either CoH or EQ2 lately, so I'm hopped up on either optimism or total despair at the MMOG market. Then I read a politics thread and the snapping sound is heard.

If work wasn't so dead and boring, I'm sure I'd never have the post count numbers I do.

schild
Administrator

Reply #167 on: October 14, 2004, 08:10:24 AM

If you cancel the Haemish show, I will be super pissed. First Veritas, then Miracles, then Wonderfalls and now this? No, just no. Stay at your boring job.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #168 on: October 14, 2004, 08:39:17 AM

If you cancel the Haemish show, I will be super pissed. First Veritas, then Miracles, then Wonderfalls and now this? No, just no. Stay at your boring job.

I'm going to have to second that.

After what happened to Undeclared, I don't know if I could handle the cancelling of the Haemish Variety Hour.
WayAbvPar

Reply #169 on: October 14, 2004, 10:00:36 AM

I need more of you EST types to work OT and post until 8pm your time...this place is a ghost town after about 3:00 Pacific.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
AOFanboi
Terracotta Army

Reply #170 on: October 14, 2004, 11:49:54 AM

Oh, and count me out, I suddenly got something else to do.

That is, if I was ever considered.

Hum.

Current: Mario Kart DS, Nintendogs
Toast
Terracotta Army

Reply #171 on: October 14, 2004, 02:37:12 PM

This awoke me from my lurking slumber. Cool contest.

A good idea is a good idea forever.
schild
Administrator

Reply #172 on: October 14, 2004, 02:41:45 PM

It's not meant as bait. But we will be doing more stuff like this in the future. With both online games and single player games and hopefully console games. Once again - I'm too lazy to get on mailing lists. Sigh. Anyway yea, in the future these contests will either be more interesting or in the least go to supportive people that are in good standing that haven't won a contest before. I may not invoke the last part of that rule for the next "contest" because well, EQ2 is big. That and I didn't warn the winners beforehand. My mistake.

Oh, and for all the people who have sent me a PM who didn't get one back. Yea, there's about freaking 20 of you. Don't pander for accounts. That's lame. The list of people who get them is already picked out. 2/3 of them don't know. Well, 19, since Shockeye is lazy. Anyway, yea, don't do that, begging gets you nothing.

Edit: added more to the first paragraph.
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #173 on: October 14, 2004, 02:49:29 PM

Oh, and for all the people who have sent me a PM who didn't get one back. Yea, there's about freaking 20 of you. Don't pander for accounts. That's lame.

I only pandered because you said to on page 4:

28 more to go around, if you don't get picked and REALLY want in, just send me a PM.

I have never played WoW.
schild
Administrator

Reply #174 on: October 14, 2004, 03:10:28 PM

And you don't know if you got picked yet. In other words. Don't send me PMs until you know. Sigh, and here I thought we were a step above VN in reading comprehension.

I'm not mad at people for sending me PMs. I just thought that there was perhaps, a memo I missed along the way.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: EQ2 Beta Contest (from f13) (originally from IGN)  
Jump to: