Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:27:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Your Top 10 MMOs 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Your Top 10 MMOs  (Read 245574 times)
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #315 on: December 24, 2007, 08:55:38 AM

Uh oh.  Now that they're out, we'll probably have to recruit more lurkers, won't we.  Once you un-lurk, you can never go back. 
Don't worry, we still have the grues.
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #316 on: December 24, 2007, 09:01:12 AM

Quote from: Sky
EQ2 came out before WoW. Thanks for playing.
Three weeks doesn't count. And as many of us were in both, we know which features came to which came first.

Now the discussion is done.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

/finalword
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #317 on: December 24, 2007, 09:06:14 AM

EQ2 had all the things she touts about WoW, they just weren't implemented very well. But they were there. You can't redefine a genre when a major competitor releases a game with similar features just before you do.

EQ2 AND WoW redefined the genre. And that's the w0rd.  Ohhhhh, I see.
schild
Administrator

Reply #318 on: December 24, 2007, 09:07:56 AM

Who cares? Take it to another thread.

You can even call it 300,000 People VS. 9 Million: The Most Unnecessary Fight of the Century.
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #319 on: December 24, 2007, 09:08:53 AM

Didn't EQ2 only add the stuff WoW did after WoW came out and kicked EQ2 squarely in the jimmies?

I seem to recall that they retrofitted that game to be "more WoW", and that it wasn't like that at the start.

I'm just looking at some certain lists and going "What the hell, really?" and figuring some people are insane or are looking through their games with rose-colored glasses.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #320 on: December 24, 2007, 09:30:06 AM

I'm just looking at some certain lists and going "What the hell, really?" and figuring some people are insane or are looking through their games with rose-colored glasses.

Yeah. And not just rose-colored but star-shaped too. What's wrong with it?

^^^ Early picture of me while playing Asheron's Call 2 beta  ^^^

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #321 on: December 24, 2007, 09:51:50 AM

looking through their games with rose-colored glasses.

Absolutely true, I guess I was only pointing out that you were doing exactly the same re: WoW.

It is crazy to argue that any of the straight dikus have an objectively obvious advantage over any of the others; it's only ever going to be about which clicked with you on an artistic level, or which had some specific implementation of the same old shit that happened to appeal to you. Whichever just 'felt' 'fun' to that individual is going to win on any individual list.

The world would only be going mad if, after everyone posted their individual judgement in this way, the game that a bazillion people subscribe to wasn't above the rest on the overall scoreboard.

PS. For what it is worth, EQ2 and CoH both redefined the genre more than WoW FOR ME, because of they vastly improve the model for support classes, which TO ME, is much more important than questing (which yes, was also the primary xp and 'storyline' development driver in both COH and EQ2 at launch). This is why both them got points from me and WoW didn't. Doesn't mean I begrudge other people putting WoW top if WoW focussed on stuff that was more important to them.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2007, 09:57:10 AM by eldaec »

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #322 on: December 24, 2007, 10:41:13 AM

Well I'm playing WoW right now, so I have a fresh perspective. :)  I want it to be better (Fucking Battlegrounds, fucking PvP code, fucking Horde) but yeah, good thing it's on top of the scoreboard by a large margin.

WoW quest design and COH quest design are two different animals, though not really knocking COH when I say that.  Never played EQ2, don't want to.  I'd rather some game like FFXI got its shit straight so I'd have fun playing it.

I'm trying to be a designer so I'm recognizing where there was FAIL on the part of game design.  So when I see something like "WoW was just slightly better than Auto Assault!", I want to flog someone.

Edit: Typo.  Most people's choices make sense, I guess.  I should expect oddballs.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2007, 10:43:17 AM by Lorekeep »

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #323 on: December 24, 2007, 10:44:14 AM

I'm trying to be a designer so I'm recognizing where there was FAIL on the part of game design.  So when I see something like "WoW was just slightly better than Auto Assault!", I want to flog someone.

Edit: Typo.  Most people's choices make sense, I guess.  I should expect oddballs.

Might be smart to play other games, even if you're not grabbed by them (i.e. EQ2) if you want to be a designer....learning from success and failure and all that.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #324 on: December 24, 2007, 12:11:09 PM

I did play EQ2 and didn't want to subscribe after the trial.  But I've played a *lot* of MMOGs.  At least 66% on the list.

DarkSign
Terracotta Army

Reply #325 on: December 25, 2007, 06:47:50 AM

Im enjoying my return to EQ2. The PvP is quite good, although I'd much rather have more RvR, but hey.

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #326 on: December 25, 2007, 08:15:52 AM

World of Warcraft. It's like a Jessica Simpson album. You might think the music sucks but you have to applaud the production values that make it possible for her to sing in tune.

Best. Summation. Of. WoW. EVAR.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #327 on: December 25, 2007, 10:04:22 AM

When does the trend of bashing WOW because it's popular end?

We need more votes for Shadows of Yserbius!
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #328 on: December 25, 2007, 12:30:59 PM

I love how the Stockholm syndrome kicks in on the defenders of the blizzard crown.

I don't bash it because it's popular. I bash it because it sucked when I played it the first time and it was called EQ.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #329 on: December 25, 2007, 01:04:44 PM

I haven't and won't read the joy in this thread.  Here are my picks, based on a feeling of moving the MMO genre forward.  They also were the ones in order I may have played the longest.  Fun is up there too.

DISCLAIMER:  Just cause they are in this order doesn't mean I would play them again for any length.  They're good, but even good cheese gets eaten up from within with age.  One has to move on.

1, EVE -- I think for what MMO's are supposed to do (online, massive real time player base, coop, PvP, sandboxness), Eve does it.  It also has the most virulent and hostile community I've ever known (f13 lads in-game excluded).  But for technical ability, unique game and art design, it wins.  Eve has the recipe.  I just don't like every ingredient.

2. SWG -- yup, #2.  It was the Moby Dick of MMO's.  Massive, squirrelly, wholly unique and addictive.  I think it was brought low because of bad infrastructure, over-hype, bad community mgmt, and unclear product direction.  I've played in the last 6 months and it still has more to do than WoW.  SWG brought new flavors to the genre.

3. DAoC -- because I may have played it consistently the longest.  A game that has not aged well, but still beat UO, EQ1, Meridian59 hands down for graphical and network technology.  DAoC brought the massiveness of PvP home with good designs via RvR that helped channel a lot of people.  It was unchallenged IMO for the longest time.  DAoC brought PvP mainstream.

4.  WoW -- well its there.  Not worth reading a lot more about.  It's the margarine of MMO's -- slick, ubiquitous, well designed.  Great game design texture but a lack of flavor over time.  Doesn't have the legs an MMO needs for all player styles.  The one world raidathon is too restrictive.  So, it's perfect, but so's margarine.

5.  LoTR -- it seems funny to put that here.  But LoTR is the slickest MMO postWoW that delivers a blend of WoW execution with EQ2 clunkiness.  It beats EQ2 because of performance and a better delivery.  Still not that much fun though.

6.  EQ2 -- a game I tried desperately to like.  It was rich, layered, but clunky, poor designed, and with very limited usability.  It was more concerned with its franchise and shoehorning in content than checking for how its UI and gameplay really worked.  Cool burrito.

7.  GW -- meh.  It worked.

8.  CoX -- meh.  It works.  But -1 than GW for the GRIND.  I mean COME ON, its nearly 2008 already.

9.  ATitD -- because it tried.  And I would add WURM Online and an other Indy MMO out there trying already.

10.  UO/EQ1/M59 -- because they are on everyone else's list.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2007, 01:07:24 PM by Soln »
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #330 on: December 25, 2007, 05:56:22 PM

I love how the Stockholm syndrome kicks in on the defenders of the blizzard crown.

I don't bash it because it's popular. I bash it because it sucked when I played it the first time and it was called EQ.

If you don't like EQ remakes, then you're either playing Eve, UO, or you're in the wrong genre.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #331 on: December 25, 2007, 06:11:02 PM

It's not that I don't like EQ remakes. (I'm playing EQ2 now) But the "My Life for Aiur" types here talk like it's popular because it's good.

You of all people should know that's not true. It's popular because it retreads the shame shit every Diku before it has, just with better polish than before. That doesn't make it good. That makes it just that, a polished retread. Long on production value, short on substance. If that's what you want, go nuts. But don't act like it's the goddamned robot jesus.

geldonyetich2
Terracotta Army

Reply #332 on: December 25, 2007, 06:37:17 PM

*NEW RULE* 8) To have your list validated you need to name AT LEAST 5 titles. This is not the usual "name your favourite" poll. To work it needs you people give points to more than your dearest one, and I think you all have the knowledge to do that. No one here was ever scared by "not having played it long enough" before casting the usefully cynical commentaries. So please, at least 5 names.
Now you tell me.  Since, can't edit my old message (#3 on this thread), here's the update.  (I'd better fucking have a shot at winning nothing this time.)

1) City of Heroes/Villains - One of the few MMORPGs to include the G part.  This alone makes it #1 versus most of this trash: you can play it like a game and it's fun - holy shit!  For this reason alone, I keep coming back to it despite the grind.  The lacking end-game, some four years after release, would bother me more if I didn't keep rolling alts.

2) EverQuest 2 - "Most improved" is a severe understatement.  It's a bit overly casual friendly these days, but this is overpowered by the sheer mass of the thing.  If all development teams were as active as these guys, I'd have no fear of getting my monthly subscription worth.

3) EVE Online - Perhaps the most daring MMORPG out there.  That it survived and is doing well is a spit in the eye of all the cowards in MMORPG development that hide behind PvP flags and Diku-Mud design.  I really don't enjoy stock markets in space with ganking, but hey, go nuts.

4) Planetside - It dared to be a first person shooter the equal of Tribes but truly massively multiplayer.  A pity their update rate was abysmal and the core tech isn't entirely up to the job.  Dead on the vine, make Planetside II already (as I doubt Huxley will be it because I've read the combat is instanced).

5) Final Fantasy XI - Awkward, console-inspired interface?  Check.  Evil, EQ-imitating grind?  Guilty.  Beautiful, meaningful-feeling world even at low-res?  Okay, everything's forgiven.  Pity I don't have the time or team-finding patience I'd need to make playing this muther my new full-time job.

6) Tabula Rasa - This is another MMORPG that included the G part and, as with CoX, this boosts it above most the trash considerably.  A pity they forgot to include the mid-to-end game.  A step forward that fell and can't get up.  In time, it might be the game that keeps pulling me back as CoX does.

7) Guild Wars - In many ways, genius.  It arrives in an under 1MB installer and unfolds itself insidiously by torrenting everything off your broadband connection.  Contrary to claims I've seen elsewhere, this is the only game that really does patch while you play. However, technical merits alone aren't worth dick: the core gameplay mechanic here requires a brain to succeed while promoting fair and fun PvP.  It falls low on the list only because it's not exactly a MMORPG (that and I don't play it much).

8) Lord of the Rings Online - World of Warcraft lite with fairly decent Tolkien fan service.  Of course, WoW is better at being WoW than LOTRO is, but Turbine earned extra points by me because at least they raised the bar on other people's innovations a bit with things like cutscenes, temporarily playing a monster in PvP, and playing instruments.  Stick that in your pipe and see what color rings it makes.

9) World of Warcraft - Much to everyone's surprise and chagrin, it seems that Blizzard can take other companies' designs, streamline them, provide some Blizzard improved-GUI magic, and create money hats from the admittedly enjoyable prodigy.  Okay, I lied, that's not surprising in the least.  Yet, all my berating in the world won't change the fact that these guys could buy a small country for the amount of subscribers they have.  I heard all that shit before, save your breath and accept that I'm saying the game itself is at least good enough to get #9, happy?

10) Dungeons and Dragons Online - They did a pretty good job of porting the game mechanics to massively multiplayer form (once you stomach it's a completely different execution).  Now, if only they had designed it around infinite adventures instead of forcing players to repeat the same modules over and over again, it might have had a chance to suit the D&D legacy.  B+ for effort.
DarkSign
Terracotta Army

Reply #333 on: December 25, 2007, 06:38:12 PM

It's not that I don't like EQ remakes. (I'm playing EQ2 now) But the "My Life for Aiur" types here talk like it's popular because it's good.

You of all people should know that's not true. It's popular because it retreads the shame shit every Diku before it has, just with better polish than before. That doesn't make it good. That makes it just that, a polished retread. Long on production value, short on substance. If that's what you want, go nuts. But don't act like it's the goddamned robot jesus.

Dont say this too loudly. The argument that popular = amazing seems to have weight around here.
bignatz
Terracotta Army

Reply #334 on: December 26, 2007, 03:20:29 AM

1. Ultima Online (maybe just nostalgia)
2. Shadowbane (fun, even with sb.exe)
3. CoX
4. LOTRO
5. WoW
6. AC
7. DAoC
8. Eve
9. Puzzle Pirates
10. ATITD

unhonorable mention: EQ for being the root of quite some evil and SWG for screwing up many dreams.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #335 on: December 26, 2007, 04:32:52 AM

WoW quest design and COH quest design are two different animals, though not really knocking COH when I say that.

Really? How are they different? I mean really?

WoW:

"Go kill 5 scarlet ass munchers over by the mill"
"Go collect 6 Alterac Monkey Nuts"
"Go walk this gourd over to Jimbob"
"Raid that dungeon and kill the purple++ boss"

CoH:

"Go kill 5 Magic dudes with glowy eyes in that district"
"Go click the 6 glowie things in that building"
"Go fly this doomsday device over to Jimbob"
"Raid that volcano and kill the purple++ archvillian"

CoH uses extensive instances, which means dead things don't randomly come back to life in front of you, and gives the illusion of being able to walk into random buildings to enlarge the game world, whilst simultaneously breaking that illusion by having them all decorated in exactly the same fashion.

I struggle to see how that means quests are 'different'.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
Njal
Terracotta Army

Reply #336 on: December 26, 2007, 05:34:28 AM

That's Monika T'Sarn. Raph's blog This thread sure is bringing in a collection of people significant in MMORPG history.

Wasn't the thread that brought me, I'm 'here' since the LTM days lurking. I just had to add my list when Sanya recommended it. Nice to know my 15 minutes of fame haven't been totally forgotten yet smiley .

Bah I remember Monika from her killing me in Shadowbane. Chased her across the desert a few times, but used she killed me after getting the drop on me.

I think I remember you, you were a  Shadowclan scout right ? I like being remembered for this much more then for SWG ! Dagger scout was so much fun.

Yeah, I had to go by Najal because of SC naming conventions. I sure ran into you a lot and you almost always got the better of me. I can just say it's because you had 5 levels on me :)
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #337 on: December 26, 2007, 05:37:05 AM

WoW quest design and COH quest design are two different animals, though not really knocking COH when I say that.

Really? How are they different? I mean really?

WoW:

"Go kill 5 scarlet ass munchers over by the mill"
"Go collect 6 Alterac Monkey Nuts"
"Go walk this gourd over to Jimbob"
"Raid that dungeon and kill the purple++ boss"

CoH:

"Go kill 5 Magic dudes with glowy eyes in that district"
"Go click the 6 glowie things in that building"
"Go fly this doomsday device over to Jimbob"
"Raid that volcano and kill the purple++ archvillian"

CoH uses extensive instances, which means dead things don't randomly come back to life in front of you, and gives the illusion of being able to walk into random buildings to enlarge the game world, whilst simultaneously breaking that illusion by having them all decorated in exactly the same fashion.

I struggle to see how that means quests are 'different'.

on the basic quest. Yes. But on something longer. Let's take for example the lvl 20 instance Van Cleef. I totally loved it. There's something similiar like that in COH but the magic is just not there. It felt too 'modular'.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #338 on: December 26, 2007, 07:45:01 AM

on the basic quest. Yes. But on something longer. Let's take for example the lvl 20 instance Van Cleef. I totally loved it.

Talking of level 20, would you see that as significantly different from the level 20 Striga Island taskforce from Hess with the booby trap ambush rooms and giant robots and self destructing volcanoes and shit?

Again, obv if you just like the WoW art and script etc, then fair enough. But it's not a design issue or about redefining the genre to include objectively superior things that weren't already there, which is where this conversation started.

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #339 on: December 26, 2007, 08:02:28 AM

These conversations are like UO/Tram discussions with out the rage.

/yawn

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
croaker69
Terracotta Army

Reply #340 on: December 26, 2007, 08:33:08 AM

#1 DAoC
#2 Planetside
#3 SB
#4 Air Warrior (circa '94)
#5 WoW

What may at first appear to be an insurmountable obstacle will in time be seen for what it really is: an impenetrable barrier.
Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #341 on: December 26, 2007, 08:47:17 AM

Is this now an intarnet nerd slapfight or are we still allowed to post our top 10?

1 - Asheron's Call (Darktide) - early days.  Only game that I've played to stumble across real, meaningful PvP objectives without creating the "loser starved out of the game" syndrome.  Macroing and extreme templates raised the bar enough that I quit.  It's probably better now.

2 - UO, T2A, pre-Trammel period.  The progenitor that also stumbled across oh so much that was right, then tweaked it all out over time.

3 - WoW - my current fave.  Everything has already been said about this, good and bad.  Right now it's good for me because I can be casual as I wanna be and still get my welfare epics (or just level another alt)

4 - Shadowbane - only beats Eve because I played it longer and had a good guild.  Tragic flaws (loser starves) but the mechanics, group battles, fights over territory would be the gold standard if the world had been bigger and easier to hide in, or some other mechanic existed to keep losers around.

5 - Eve - gold standard of open-ended, worldy PvP games.  Too bad I didn't have a group to run with or enough time to really understand all the mechanics. I probably asked too much of it too, by trying to be a trader type right off the bat.

6 - DAOC - Early days I considered "EQ done right".  I think they took it the wrong direction though, because I lost interest and never found it again.  People I know have played it recently and apparently has a lot of life left.

7 - SWG - excellent potential, ridiculous timesinks and all.  Worldy aspects were the win, though clearly not everyone thought so.  Jedi system could have been implemented better.  World was too big for its purpose.  Some other games are huge but clearly not all areas are meant for population (thinking AC1 here).  SWG had too many ghost towns.  I quit before the CE/NWO/XYZ or whatever so I can't speak to that.

8 - Guild Wars - Only played beta, but it has an intriguing subscription model, making it easy to come and go.  Also distills the essence of team-based PvP but doesn't feel very persistent (because it's not)

9 - UO (Siege Perilous, post-Trammel) - fun for a while, but didn't really recapture the old days.  Insular and limited community, for one.

10 - Planetside - great in 3-6 month chunks, but the luster fades quickly.  Haven't been back in a while.  Could use a dose of persistence.  Guild wars had more persistence (!) and that would have been a good differentiator between this game and non-massive FPSes.

I'm surprised to see how high WoW is in several people's lists.

Witty banter not included.
Synnoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #342 on: December 26, 2007, 09:13:57 AM

Among the various MMOs I've played, here are the ones I'd put on a top ten list.  The comment in parenthesis is what finally made me stop playing the game.

1) City of Heroes - (Global Defense Nerf + Enhancement Diversification)
2) Planetside - (Neglect, although I still play regularly)
3) Everquest - (Mudflation + Became Reflex Based)
4) World of Warcraft - (Lack of character progression)
5) Everquest II - (I don't really know.  Maybe lack of soul.  I still putter around occasionally.)
6) Lord of the Rings - (Precipitous content dropoff after level 20)
Yokomoko
Terracotta Army

Reply #343 on: December 26, 2007, 11:23:39 AM

1) Puzzle Pirates - Played this one the longest and still play now
2) FlyFF - Played this for about 6 months until the grind got too much... (Level 69 AoE Ele)
3) VCO (Voyage Century Online) - Fun for a bit, the PK zones were a bit off though..
4) Rappelz - Fun but my experience lowered from the lag I got from it
5) Anarchy Online - Was good for a bit, but a bit too easy to level up
6) Runescape (It was good for my first MMO and on a slow computer)
7) WoW - Most advance MMO out there!!
8) Lineage 2 - Fun whilst it lasted
9) Lord of the Rings Online - Fun but quite repetitve in my experience
10) FFXI - Legend game, good MMO just not as good as the offline experince.

Yokomoko.

http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/viewmember?memberid=366835
Register
Terracotta Army

Reply #344 on: December 26, 2007, 05:44:42 PM

1 WOW
2 COH
3 DAOC
4 EQ2
5 LOTRO

World of Warcraft, because it is darn addictive - would have been there forever if not of the lack of progression beyond raiding. Just resubbed recently - arena gear seems to offer an altenative to raid gear, but is on a wait-and-see mode first.

COH, because the combat makes you look heroic (flashy power, flashy costumes and flying for the win) and feels heroic  (destroy entire clumps of enemies by yourself)... that is until you find yourself killing the same types of enemies a thousand times over as you get higher and higher in level. The grind felt worse than other mmos because of the lack of features like equipment updates or tradeskills (some crafting only added in very late).

DAOC to me is still the king of group vs group pvp and persistent world pvp. Sad that Mythic did not get their asses together to release DAOC II with a complete revamp of the graphics engine. And a complete revamp of the PVE grinding while they are at it...
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #345 on: December 27, 2007, 06:22:16 AM

1. UO (Pre-Trammel)
2. AC1 Darktide
3. WoW
4. EvE
5. LOTRO
6. DAoC
7. AC2 Darktide
8. L2
9. SWG
10. SB
Kito
Terracotta Army

Reply #346 on: December 27, 2007, 06:54:19 AM

1) DAOC
2) SWG
3) Vanguard
4) UO
5) WOW
6) Saga of Ryzom
7) Eve
8) Everquest
9) Everquest II
10) Guildwars
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #347 on: December 29, 2007, 03:54:17 AM

Just updated, now with 163 votes.

Not much movement save for Vanguard going up one spot (!?), a few asian new entries and Dark Age of Camelot getting reeeeally close to the 2nd place. Quite an achievement I'd say, which makes me think that the DAoC-ification of upcoming Warhammer is not that bad of an idea after all...

RvR and keeps for the uberwin?

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #348 on: December 29, 2007, 08:47:22 AM

I never played DOAC so I have a question about the game.  How was the world constructed?  There were 3 factions correct?  I'm curious to see how the world was shaped with pvp zones etc.
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #349 on: December 29, 2007, 09:43:36 AM

I am surprised that A Tale in the Desert made it higher than Final Fantasy XI.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Your Top 10 MMOs  
Jump to: