Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:15:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Comics  |  Topic: ION 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ION  (Read 25830 times)
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #35 on: November 06, 2008, 01:18:37 AM

I don't go anywhere often enough to see comics, I've been keeping up thanks to what people put online xD

I saw the Blue Lanterns from that peak at War of the Lanterns on that two page spread.

The one you see displayed prominently on the bottom-middle of that two page spread is the one who is introduced.  Apparently Blue Lanterns can boost a ring's power levels past their max charge (he boosts Hal's ring up from almost being dead to a 200% charge).  The Red Lanterns energy can eat through the protective auras of other Lanterns.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #36 on: November 20, 2008, 12:07:16 PM

Just got finished catching up with the Secret Origin and Rage of the Red Lanterns story. I like the tweaking they did to Hal's origin, including the addition of Hector Hammond in the beginning. The William Hand guy... isn't he that character the Black Hand? Wikipedia says he is.

Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: November 24, 2008, 06:11:17 AM

Yeah, he's Black Hand. They ditched the Black-Hand-as-gimmick-villiain a while back, but this is taking the character yet another direction--he's clearly the one who is going to kick off the whole Black Lanterns event that is the next company-wide crossover.
Cim
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: November 28, 2008, 01:39:11 AM

I recently picked up the more recent Green Lantern comics and I'm loving where this story is headed.

Theres a place on your face that can save the human race, its called a smile, the positivity that it creates takes awhile, but the grin will turn an inch into a mile.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #39 on: December 10, 2008, 02:20:55 AM

I was sad to see that Geoff Johns has announced he'll be leaving JSA with issue #26.  After being a little disappointed with the book since the relaunch, I think the book is finally getting to the payoff of some of the longer running plot threads.  Johns wants to move on and do other things though, as well as focus on the Blackest Night.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #40 on: January 05, 2009, 02:04:43 AM

I want to see the Blue Lanterns now.  I hope they replace the Green Lanterns.

While I don't think they'll replace the Green Lanterns, in the latest issue it seems Ganthet wants Hal to lead the Blue Lantern Corps.  While I don' see Hal taking the job, I wouldn't be surprised to see John or Kyle take it since having four human Green Lanterns is a little redundant.  With Hal as the star of Green Lantern, that leaves the other three to share Green Lantern Corps with a cast of several other characters as well.  Moving one of them over to the Blue Lanterns might help diversify things a bit.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #41 on: January 22, 2009, 03:05:48 AM

Issue #37 is out.  4-way Corps battle.  One character dies and another switches Corps.  More Jordan/Sinestro goodness.
Cim
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: February 01, 2009, 08:07:51 PM

I'm so amazed at how good this is getting.

Theres a place on your face that can save the human race, its called a smile, the positivity that it creates takes awhile, but the grin will turn an inch into a mile.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #43 on: April 26, 2009, 05:31:32 PM

Bismallah
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: April 27, 2009, 03:10:58 AM

Is the 'Free Comic Book Day' Green Lantern comic supposed to have some Black Lanterns in there too?
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #45 on: April 27, 2009, 10:19:43 AM

Is the 'Free Comic Book Day' Green Lantern comic supposed to have some Black Lanterns in there too?

It's Blackest Night #0, but I'm not sure if the Black Lanterns will show up right away.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #46 on: May 07, 2009, 09:37:44 AM

Who's the pink chick?  She got my attention

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #47 on: May 07, 2009, 11:01:01 AM

Carol Ferris as a Star Sapphire.
gryeyes
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: May 07, 2009, 02:15:58 PM

It shows black corps leader "rising" and that is about it.
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #49 on: May 08, 2009, 04:21:58 AM

Carol Ferris as a Star Sapphire.

They use the power of love. So, naturally, they are all female and dress like strippers.

NowhereMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: May 08, 2009, 01:59:31 PM

It seems like their previous M.O. was taking over the love interest of Green Lanterns, seducing them and then killing them once they'd won their trust. After that they turned the whole planet into pink crystal somehow saving the world. I've not been keeping up this year so I don't know how much it's changing but I really would like to find out what was going on, it's an interesting set up for an inter-galactic conflict but I guess I just can't justify paying half as much as a novel for a single comic and I don't want to torrent it. Basically it's too good to justify torrenting out of boredom but I'm not going to spend the kind of money it would cost to follow it properly.

"Look at my car. Do you think that was bought with the earnest love of geeks?" - HaemishM
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Comics  |  Topic: ION  
Jump to: