Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:46:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  But is it Fun?  |  Topic: The Concept (and the Rules of Engagement) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Concept (and the Rules of Engagement)  (Read 43881 times)
schild
Administrator

Reply #35 on: December 19, 2007, 09:40:23 AM

We're gonna work it into the main page also (in a week or two).
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #36 on: December 21, 2007, 04:08:46 AM

This is actually doing a lot to get me try out new games.  Currently downloading the demo for Stranger to play through a little bit after I get some sleep.
cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: December 30, 2007, 04:30:31 AM

I picked up Phantom Hourglass the other day, but I think VDL posted something someplace about it, although I think it was super-brief. I got a DS for Christmas and I picked up quite a few games (FF1-2, Etrian Odyssey, Pokemans Diamond, Phantom Hourglass, Spyro (my girlfriend picked it up), and Harvest Moon. I've really only been spending time on the Pokemans, Zelda, and FF1, but I could find time to write some stuffs.
  awesome, for real

f13 Street Cred of the week:
I can't promise anything other than trauma and tragedy. -- schild
Ookii
Staff Emeritus

is actually Trippy

Reply #38 on: January 06, 2008, 11:33:44 PM

I would also like to add that it would be AWESOME if you guys created an image for your review.  It is by no means required, but if you do make sure it's 480 x 150 and put it at the top of the review.

Pictures make everything better no?

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #39 on: January 07, 2008, 05:42:49 AM

I failed at picture-insertion.  Will RTFM ASAP.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
schild
Administrator

Reply #40 on: January 07, 2008, 08:05:39 AM

That wasn't part of the manual at first. It remains optional.
Obo
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: January 07, 2008, 10:36:39 AM

Not sure if it's known or not, but I noticed something happened to the RSS feed when this went live (using http://www.f13.net/xml-rss2.php). It seems the main channel info (title, link, etc) was commented out, so when I read the feed in Opera it doesn't identify where the entry came form other than the items <link> in the body of the message.
Opera uses its mail display for feeds and fills the "From" field on the list with either the <dc:creator> for the entry or otherwise the channel title. The f13 feed has neither now so it just shows up blank. Not sure if other readers would try to fill it with something else.

Just thought I'd mention it..... eventually.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #42 on: January 07, 2008, 04:28:07 PM

Speaking of pictures, my thanks goes out to whoever picked up my slack in CoD 4. Nice picture; Awesome tagline.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #43 on: January 01, 2009, 06:44:13 AM

Um...bump...for whatever reason, when I viewed the frontpage....it was showing all the early '07 BiiFs.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Baldrake
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: September 11, 2014, 08:39:01 PM

My local newspaper has picked up this concept:
Welcome to One-Hour Reviews, a new feature we’re trying on GamePad that’s dedicated to you, the sophisticated, pressed-for-time gamer. You don’t have countless hours to spend playing games, nor do you have time to read overlong reviews. Here, we play these games for an hour and succinctly tell you what you need to know about the important releases. No scores, no filler, just the answer to one question: Is it worth your time?
Here's their review of Destiny. It's actually a pretty amusing read. I like this line: "First things first: pick a character class and race. That role-playing game standby is the first hint of the time suck to come." But yeah, your concept has hit the big time, Schild.
schild
Administrator

Reply #45 on: September 11, 2014, 08:51:39 PM

GamePad is big time? Yayyyyyyyy ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I've never heard of it.
Baldrake
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: September 11, 2014, 09:27:58 PM

Of course you haven't. It's in a newspaper. Not sure that people under 50 still read those.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  But is it Fun?  |  Topic: The Concept (and the Rules of Engagement)  
Jump to: