Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:09:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Lineage 2 Open Beta 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lineage 2 Open Beta  (Read 44672 times)
schmoo
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: March 30, 2004, 05:26:17 PM

Actually, levelling goes much much faster up to 20 at least if you have good equipment.  I twinked a new dwarf with the stuff my level 20 dark elf had and had the dwarf at level 15 in 4 hours with enough SP to get the skills I wanted.  Boring as hell, though.

Great review, Haemish.  It's probably not entirely fair to the game, but I for one won't be playing to the endgame stage to find out.
schild
Administrator

Reply #71 on: March 30, 2004, 05:35:43 PM

Haemish, thanks for the review, 'twas poetry. I'd been thinking the exact same thing about Koreans for a couple weeks now, good to see I'm not insane. Though, it's a very close race between them and the japanese for most insane people ever.

Quote from: schmoo
Great review, Haemish. It's probably not entirely fair to the game, but I for one won't be playing to the endgame stage to find out.

Fuck fair. The games a catass from the moment you login. It takes a sick man to enjoy achievement in Lineage 2.

Quote from: signe
Good write up, Haemish. Nothing is more fun than reading one of your reviews on a game I'm actually playing. I looked quite silly sitting here all by myself, nodding my head and laughing like a nutter.

He who laughs alone is easily entertained. This may be why you're still playing Lineage 2. :p
schmoo
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: March 30, 2004, 06:26:10 PM

Quote from: schild

Quote from: schmoo
Great review, Haemish. It's probably not entirely fair to the game, but I for one won't be playing to the endgame stage to find out.

Fuck fair. The games a catass from the moment you login. It takes a sick man to enjoy achievement in Lineage 2.

Heh, I had the flu in February when I got the beta invite.

The castle seige thing might actually be fun for some people, you know.  Not you, perhaps, and I'm not going to waste any more time playing L2 to find out.
schild
Administrator

Reply #73 on: March 30, 2004, 06:42:33 PM

Oh I admit the castle siege thing is why I started playing. Unfortunately I didn't want what would probably be a 2,000 hr. long barium enema that would be the treadmill up to the, what sounds like, a wicked endgame.
schmoo
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: March 30, 2004, 06:48:06 PM

Quote from: schild
Oh I admit the castle siege thing is why I started playing. Unfortunately I didn't want what would probably be a 2,000 hr. long barium enema that would be the treadmill up to the, what sounds like, a wicked endgame.

That pretty much put me off, too.  Too bad they didn't design some fun into the level grind.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #75 on: April 02, 2004, 02:26:23 PM

They finally put up some  screenshots of a castle siege.

http://www.lineage2.com/pds/official_view.asp?slt_idx=2&slt_seq=414&cpage=1&clk_page=0
[/url]

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
HRose
I'm Special

VIKLAS!

Reply #76 on: April 02, 2004, 03:06:06 PM

I laughed *so* much at Haemish review. Perhaps the best one to date.

Oh, WoW has both falling damage (with a great animation) and a decent underwater experience.

-HRose / Abalieno
cesspit.net
Alluvian
Terracotta Army

Reply #77 on: April 02, 2004, 06:56:30 PM

Falling damage big time in CoH, the teleportation even has the neat effect of retaining your momemtum from the teleport, so if you were superspeed running and teleported on top of a building you would still be whizzing by fast and have to stop before you tumble.... if you tumble and build up too much speed before you hit you better do something really creative or you are going to splat.

Plus, gravity controllers can do cool things like throw people way up in the air for falling damage ala knockups in Freedom Force.

No clue about water now that you mention it.

Glad to hear WoW has those two neat and often stupidly overlooked features.

Hopefully WoW will stay good and improve and hopefully CoH has a happy launch, and decent enough figures to warrant a villian expansion.  Maybe we can get two good games.  Maybe EQ2 won't suck.  Maybe I am asking WAY too much, heh.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Lineage 2 Open Beta  
Jump to: