Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 11:41:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Champions Online: The No-NDA Merged Edition 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 74 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Champions Online: The No-NDA Merged Edition  (Read 822616 times)
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #770 on: May 19, 2009, 09:24:06 AM

Batman's an asshole (it's only right that Bale plays him).
Green Lantern ftw!
btw:  word is Chris Pine (Star Trek) is gonna get to be Green Lantern in the upcoming movie.

So not only does this guy get to play Kirk, he gets to play the Lantern.  And not too long ago he was selling exercise equipment for a relative.   why so serious?

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #771 on: May 19, 2009, 12:01:35 PM

Our YA librarian isn't real familiar with comics and is doing a trading night for the kids. She even got some donations from the local comic shop. I oohed over a few of them, some decent issues from McFarlane's Marvel era and a few others I'd have been interested in if I were still collecting. Then another librarian noted there seemed to be an intense rivalry between Marvel and DC. Apparently so, because I instantly said, "Yeah, DC SUCKS!"  why so serious?

(I did like Swamp Thing, some really great artists have done him)
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #772 on: May 19, 2009, 05:51:33 PM

Then another librarian noted there seemed to be an intense rivalry between Marvel and DC. Apparently so, because I instantly said, "Yeah, DC SUCKS!"  why so serious?

You nerded out a librarian. Congratulations!

WayAbvPar

Reply #773 on: May 20, 2009, 10:21:18 AM

I'm willing to bet that more time isn't going to help with the success of this game.  Any takers?

It doesn't matter what time the train gets to the end of the tracks...the results are the same.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #774 on: May 20, 2009, 09:54:27 PM

Sometimes, when you tell the press the NDA is lifted, they post stuff they probably shouldn't. But it's public domain now!

The big news this past week is the shift in our release date to September 1st. We've been getting some great feedback from all of you, and you've been seeing us implement changes based on it. We now have the chance to take the time to get things done right. This means adding a few last things to really smooth out the play experience, as well as doing huge amounts of balance, tuning, and polish. In fact, here's an idea of what we're all getting out of the extended schedule:

First and Foremost - TONS of Bug Fixes and Polish!
We want our launch to be as smooth as possible, with the game as polished as it can be. We're glad to have the extra time to do so.

Crisis in Lemuria
This intense, story-driven introduction to Lemuria has groups of heroes directed to the lost undersea kingdom to assist a relief mission that has been attacked. Here they discover the dark secrets behind the violent civil war in Lemuria.

Crisis in Monster Island
This over-the-top, story-driven introduction to Monster Island sees groups of heroes taken to a mysterious tropical island where they uncover and thwart a plot to unleash giant monsters against the world. Ever wonder where Qwijibo and Megaterak come from? Now you'll know.

Patrol Missions
These are random, instanced missions that are gained through rescuing civilians and uncovering evidence.

The Millennium Race
This is a city-wide challenge that is set on a series of different courses around Millennium City where heroes race against a clock to get the best daily time which is tracked on a leader board.

More Variety in Core Power Sets
Additional types of powers that enhance and augment the current power sets. This will allow more customization within our current sets, granting more options for players and increasing the overall appeal and flexibility of the powers system.

More Variety in Travel Powers
More unique travel powers, such as Ice Slide or Tunneling, are immensely popular with our players and allow for increased customization of heroes.

More Variety in Upgrades
The more hand-crafted, unique items we can offer players, the happier you are. We'll be doing this in all areas of the game, especially crafting.

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #775 on: May 21, 2009, 06:08:02 AM

Why shouldn't they have posted that?  It looks like the kind of thing you'd want people to know if you're pushing back the release date.

Over and out.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #776 on: May 21, 2009, 06:36:12 AM

Tunneling? Really? Do tell.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #777 on: May 21, 2009, 07:11:25 AM

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #778 on: May 21, 2009, 07:26:33 AM

HA! not what i was thinking, a little more unimpressive than i had in my head while reading it, but still, that's really awesome.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #779 on: May 21, 2009, 08:45:10 AM

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #780 on: May 21, 2009, 08:52:15 AM

Yup that was my first thought when I saw that pop out and mention something about taking a wrong turn at Albuquerque.

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #781 on: May 21, 2009, 12:46:35 PM

How else would you make tunneling look in a video game?

I wonder if you can tunnel indoors, that would just be  swamp poop

Over and out.
jayfyve
Terracotta Army

Reply #782 on: May 21, 2009, 03:13:24 PM

New Power Armour Video just released.

Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #783 on: May 21, 2009, 03:28:28 PM

Dunno what game they showed in that video, but I'd sure like to play it.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
Goreschach
Terracotta Army

Reply #784 on: May 21, 2009, 03:43:54 PM

Anyone else get kindof a Blizzard feel from that?
Koyasha
Terracotta Army

Reply #785 on: May 21, 2009, 04:08:15 PM

The graphics to this game look good, and they look properly superhero-y.  That's going to be one of the major things that does attract people to it, because most of the powers I've seen in the videos have some level of interaction with the target that makes them look "right."

-Do you honestly think that we believe ourselves evil? My friend, we seek only good. It's just that our definitions don't quite match.-
Ailanreanter, Arcanaloth
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #786 on: May 21, 2009, 04:13:39 PM

Anyone else get kindof a Blizzard feel from that?

I'm pretty sure they where fighting in Hellfire Peninsula.
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #787 on: May 21, 2009, 04:15:55 PM

is there PvP? 
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #788 on: May 21, 2009, 05:07:26 PM

New Power Armour Video just released.

So ChampO just became an online Gundam/Evangelion creator (god help us all).  Christ, you could make a game just based on that.   Indeed, so far I see why most of the testers thought the power armor supers were the best to play.

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #789 on: May 21, 2009, 06:38:01 PM

is there PvP? 

Yes. But in a world full of heroes, don't expect open world battles.

Why shouldn't they have posted that?  It looks like the kind of thing you'd want people to know if you're pushing back the release date.

Because it wasn't released through public channels. However, since the NDA dropped for the press, someone thought they could post it.

Jimbo
Terracotta Army

still drives a stick shift

Reply #790 on: May 21, 2009, 07:40:48 PM

We still can't make any statements on what is going on in beta of Champions Online...

Meanwhile, City of Hero's/Villain's turned 5 years (I can't believe I've been subscribed to it for that long!), and announced an expansion Going Rogue  Grin
Ragnoros
Terracotta Army

Reply #791 on: May 21, 2009, 08:00:17 PM

We still can't make any statements on what is going on in beta of Champions Online...

Meanwhile, City of Hero's/Villain's turned 5 years (I can't believe I've been subscribed to it for that long!), and announced an expansion Going Rogue  Grin

Woo! That was cool! To bad the actual implementation will be a couple samey missions and some text boxes...

Disclaimer. I love CoX, but I know it's faults.

Owls are an example of evolution showing off. -Shannow

BattleTag - Ray#1555
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #792 on: May 22, 2009, 06:01:36 AM

The champions online devs seemed fine with that info being released though. One of those blogs about the delay was stickied in their forums and devs were commenting in those threads and it did not seem like it was something they did not intend to release. Maybe it kicked off a bit earlier than they were expecting but overall from the reaction I saw on their forums it looked like it was data they expected people to see.

is there PvP? 

Yes. But in a world full of heroes, don't expect open world battles.

Because it wasn't released through public channels. However, since the NDA dropped for the press, someone thought they could post it.
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #793 on: May 22, 2009, 06:07:42 AM

Forgot to talk about the new power armor video. After watching the video I have a strong urge to make a power armor character. The animations and powers looked very very very well done. Its nice to see a good high tech power set available I always like the spider archtype from COX but hated being stuck with that specific look.

Being able to make the power armor or robotic looking character I want with cool gattling guns and rockets appeals to me a lot.
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #794 on: May 23, 2009, 06:53:20 PM

New generation graphics = everything has a mirror finish shine on it. Nice video though.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #795 on: May 23, 2009, 07:20:16 PM

I don't get why so many modern games have such crazy specular highlighting on them.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Koyasha
Terracotta Army

Reply #796 on: May 23, 2009, 07:29:11 PM

At least we seem to have moved away from the days where everything must be real, and real is brown.

-Do you honestly think that we believe ourselves evil? My friend, we seek only good. It's just that our definitions don't quite match.-
Ailanreanter, Arcanaloth
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #797 on: May 23, 2009, 07:43:44 PM

I don't get why so many modern games have such crazy specular highlighting on them.
Anytime the graphics engines programmers get their hands on a new "shiney" they always have to use it as much as possible, just because. I blame Unreal for starting the trend with lens flares. Bloom and depth of field two that are currently popular that piss me off. My eyesight is bad enough without the game engine making everything blurry.
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #798 on: May 23, 2009, 07:54:43 PM

At least we seem to have moved away from the days where everything must be real, and real is brown.

Seconded.  We get it.  The real world is gritty, and their is no lustre (metaphorical or otherwise) on things.  There is only so many shades of brown you can down.  Can we go back to games that actually stress my graphics card please.

A poster signed by Richard Garriot, Brad McQuaid, Marc Jacobs and SmerricK Dart.  Of course it would arrive a couple years late, missing letters and a picture but it would be epic none the less. -Tmon
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #799 on: May 23, 2009, 08:29:52 PM

The real world is full of colour though  Shaking fist

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #800 on: May 23, 2009, 09:44:22 PM

The real world is full of colour though  Shaking fist

I agree.  The world as we see it.  Not the world as jaded cynical video game programmers who didn't meet a character death they didn't like see it.

A poster signed by Richard Garriot, Brad McQuaid, Marc Jacobs and SmerricK Dart.  Of course it would arrive a couple years late, missing letters and a picture but it would be epic none the less. -Tmon
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #801 on: May 23, 2009, 10:40:17 PM

I love games that stress my card, but only if done-so in the right ways for the right reasons.

Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #802 on: May 23, 2009, 11:39:47 PM

Can we go back to games that actually stress my graphics card please.

What the hell are you talking about?

I don't actually mean games that technically stress my graphics card, just games that use more than four or five shades of brown and grey.  When it just has to render those colors, it seems like your graphics card is just phoning it in.

NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #803 on: May 24, 2009, 02:13:54 AM

I don't actually mean games that technically stress my graphics card, just games that use more than four or five shades of brown and grey.  When it just has to render those colors, it seems like your graphics card is just phoning it in.

Easy fix: Stop gaming on a PC.
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #804 on: May 24, 2009, 09:18:22 AM

Phuck the graphics card anyways.  Stress my CPU.

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 74 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Champions Online: The No-NDA Merged Edition  
Jump to: