Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:50:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Hellgate: London  |  Topic: Reading the Hellgate Forums... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Reading the Hellgate Forums...  (Read 4603 times)
schild
Administrator

on: October 31, 2007, 11:43:29 PM

Makes me want to punch Tiggs in the jaw.

What a terrible fucking person to be a CM type.
schild
Administrator

Reply #1 on: October 31, 2007, 11:47:26 PM

Before you ask, yes, she's invading my motherfucking.

Normally, I like my motherfucking to be a 2 person affair.
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #2 on: November 01, 2007, 12:21:45 AM

Examples please. Not all of us enjoy the obtuse HG:L coverage where you talk around the game but not actually provide any content, schild. And some of us are smarter than to go to a games forums around launch day.

Tige
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: November 01, 2007, 05:40:11 AM

Examples please.

I agree with not reading the forums at launch, near launch, ever with the exception trying to locate official propaganda regarding servers, bugs and the like. 

I'm not going to pretend to know what schild is talking about what torques me is trying to run down a simple issues and having to weed through 48 forums of crap.  The best examples right now are, the Server Status forum has zero posts in them, the Patch Notes/Known Issues forum has zero known issues listed in it.  The only useful tool in locating some sort of genuine assistance is the dev tracker tool.  That is broken.  The only technical assistance offered atm is to uninstall the game and reinstall from the disc.
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #4 on: November 01, 2007, 09:09:19 AM

1) is this the same "Tiggs" from SWG (who was fired)? If so  Mob

2) I can't play on lowest settings on a rig that handles LotRO well.  Possible mem leaks yonder.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #5 on: November 01, 2007, 09:13:09 AM

1) is this the same "Tiggs" from SWG (who was fired)? If so  Mob

2) I can't play on lowest settings on a rig that handles LotRO well.  Possible mem leaks yonder.

Same old Tiggs.  The silly sig follows her everywhere... like an arse.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
taolurker
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: November 01, 2007, 09:39:22 AM

I'm not going to pretend to know what schild is talking about what torques me is trying to run down a simple issues and having to weed through 48 forums of crap.  The best examples right now are, the Server Status forum has zero posts in them, the Patch Notes/Known Issues forum has zero known issues listed in it.  The only useful tool in locating some sort of genuine assistance is the dev tracker tool.  That is broken.  The only technical assistance offered atm is to uninstall the game and reinstall from the disc.

Their "patcher" isn't an mmo patcher where it scans files, downloadeds what it needs or where it left off, and is more of an "update" that isn't/won't be mirrored or hosted by outside companies.. So, in the case of the download update failing, losing connection, or borking itself in any number of ways, the only recommendation that I ever saw in beta was needing to uninstall the whole game, and update it completely from scratch. Definitely not a fun or interesting proposition. They need some serious forum moderators and Community people, neither of which does Tiggs resemble from past experience.

I also think so far the only "update" has been the online MP one, and from what I understand none of the new fixes were in the single player, and they're actually updated from seperate client files.. I wouldn't know, though, because this was on my wait 2 months and see how completely broken it still was list.

I used to write for extinct gaming sites
details available here (unused blog about page)
Joey
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: November 02, 2007, 09:31:21 AM

Examples please. Not all of us enjoy the obtuse HG:L coverage where you talk around the game but not actually provide any content, schild. And some of us are smarter than to go to a games forums around launch day.

I lol'd.   cheesy

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Hellgate: London  |  Topic: Reading the Hellgate Forums...  
Jump to: