Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:16:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Funny picture thread 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 459 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Funny picture thread  (Read 3812245 times)
CharlieMopps
Terracotta Army

on: October 31, 2007, 09:16:00 AM

I normally hate these but... this just about made me pee myself:

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #1 on: October 31, 2007, 09:22:37 AM

« Last Edit: October 31, 2007, 09:24:17 AM by Samwise »

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Salamok
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: October 31, 2007, 09:29:14 AM

I normally hate these but... this just about made me pee myself:

well you have to follow it up with:

I'm callin shenanigans on samwise for the stealth edit!
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #3 on: October 31, 2007, 09:30:04 AM

my what do we have here?

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Salamok
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: October 31, 2007, 09:30:35 AM

CharlieMopps
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: October 31, 2007, 09:31:46 AM

lol, I aint never seen it before... so there have to be others. And thats the funniest damn thing I've seen in years.
WayAbvPar

Reply #6 on: October 31, 2007, 10:26:43 AM

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
trotski
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: October 31, 2007, 10:30:37 AM

Xbox live: trotski44
CharlieMopps
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: October 31, 2007, 10:38:56 AM

Calantus
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: October 31, 2007, 10:39:18 AM

I don't normally rip something straight from another forum and repost elsewhere within a few days of seeing it but this one is so much cuteness and hilarity in one gif I just have to share it:

« Last Edit: October 31, 2007, 10:41:46 AM by Calantus »
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #10 on: October 31, 2007, 10:57:25 AM

Three tiny white dogs make me yearn for a mini trampoline. 

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: October 31, 2007, 11:16:42 AM

Daily dose of cute.

Daily dose of sad, sad, reality.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #12 on: October 31, 2007, 12:01:25 PM

I fully admit that icanhascheezburger is the site I visit second most on tah interwebs.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: October 31, 2007, 12:06:22 PM

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: October 31, 2007, 12:26:34 PM

Over and out.
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #15 on: October 31, 2007, 12:53:14 PM

cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: October 31, 2007, 05:40:14 PM

That shirt makes absolutely no sense. It should be has passed. For Christ's sake, I want to punch people in the face for senselessly butchering the English language.

WHAT THE FUCK DOES IS PAST MEAN?! My brain hurts.  swamp poop

f13 Street Cred of the week:
I can't promise anything other than trauma and tragedy. -- schild
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #17 on: October 31, 2007, 05:44:52 PM

I think it's a past perfect participle.  Like saying "we are screwed" instead of "we have been screwed".

taolurker
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: October 31, 2007, 08:44:27 PM

I think it's a past perfect participle.  Like saying "we are screwed" instead of "we have been screwed".

I used to write for extinct gaming sites
details available here (unused blog about page)
Phunked
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: October 31, 2007, 08:50:09 PM

"has passed" is the perfect aspect of the past (plus-perfect) participle of the verb to pass.

This is grammatically correct English, like your old mum used to learn.

"is past" has the following meaning: nothing. Seriously. To pass is a verb. That seems to be an example of the present-active participle (gerund-participle clause), similar to "is running". Except for the fact that 1. past is not in the correct tense or conjugation for this. In fact, past is NOT a conjugation of the verb to pass at all. It's a fucking noun. 2. Even if it were, to pass expressed in such a way would be "is passing".

This is the grammatical equivalent of my siting in my living room, eating a steak and talking about how I totally consider myself a vegan. That's right. BULLSHT. Such things are done by people who cannot properly conjugate verbs because of some mental disease or defect.

To the best of my knowledge, this is NOT grammatically correct (but fuck, why trust some random guy on the internet) and I have not been able to find one piece of evidence to the contrary. If there is some usage of this which is grammatically correct and you can substantiate this with proof, I'll webcam you a picture of someone kicking me in the balls in real time!

Seriously. Learn the damn language. I hear it's useful.

./end grammar nazi
Phunked
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: October 31, 2007, 08:55:59 PM

We are screwed = present participle (are is the plural present of to be)

We have been screwed = plus prefect participle.

Temporal progression of participles (with the verb to be) works like this:  We are screwed (present). We were being screwed (imperfect past participle). We were screwed (perfect past participle). We had been screwed (plus perfect past participle).

Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: October 31, 2007, 09:16:13 PM

"The time for action is THE past" might make more sense. Or maybe "was the past." ?

I think I was sick the day we covered grammar in school, I literally have no idea what the different things like "past participle" are. I suspect if I met Phunked in a dark alley he'd kill me without hesitation.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
NowhereMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: November 01, 2007, 07:24:30 AM

I like to think of as a phrase like "The future is now!" It doesn't actually mean anything but it still manages to convey an idea. Basically using the present tense with a noun of any other time frame is going to result in fuck-all (unless of course you're putting forward some sort of argument for the non-existence of time). It's not just grammatical, conceptually it fails as well.

"Look at my car. Do you think that was bought with the earnest love of geeks?" - HaemishM
Phunked
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: November 01, 2007, 07:58:11 AM

"The time for action is THE past" might make more sense. Or maybe "was the past." ?

I think I was sick the day we covered grammar in school, I literally have no idea what the different things like "past participle" are. I suspect if I met Phunked in a dark alley he'd kill me without hesitation.

awesome, for real

You think daylight will protect you from grammar nazis such as myself?
voodoolily
Contributor

Finnuh, munnuh, muhfuh, I enjoy creating new written vernacular, s'all.

Reply #24 on: November 01, 2007, 08:09:01 AM

While you all were bickering about "past" you all failed to notice the glaring misuse of an apostrophe, my #1 pet peeve. IT'S NOT POSSESSIVE, MOTHERFUCKERS.

Past can only be used as an adjective or a noun, not a past-tense verb! People with a third grader's understanding of grammar should not be allowed to make t-shirts.

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
The Legend of Zephyr - a different blog.
taolurker
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: November 01, 2007, 08:18:12 AM

I coulda swore this was funny picture thread, not grammar nazi thread?

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: November 01, 2007, 08:46:36 AM

While you all were bickering about "past" you all failed to notice the glaring misuse of an apostrophe, my #1 pet peeve. IT'S NOT POSSESSIVE, MOTHERFUCKERS.

Past can only be used as an adjective or a noun, not a past-tense verb! People with a third grader's understanding of grammar should not be allowed to make t-shirts.

No matter how much you accomplish in life No matter how good your grammar is you will never be as awesome as this.

Over and out.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #27 on: November 05, 2007, 03:13:17 PM

I coulda swore this was funny picture thread, not grammar nazi thread?

We used to have a special cage for grammar nazis, but many people felt strongly that it was better to let them roam free.

We are screwed = present participle (are is the plural present of to be)

I'm not sure if you're correct, and Wikipedia agrees with me.  "Are" is the present of to be, but "screwed" is a past participle.  The present participle would be "screwing".  Note that using "screwed" as an adjective also makes it passive (which is why "we are screwing" is different from "we are screwed" in ways other than tense).

I'm not sure if "past" is properly a participle form of "pass", but it mostly functions as if it were.  "Screwed" (a participle) is an adjective that describes something which has been screwed.  "Past" is an adjective that describes something which has passed.  Except that "pass" in that sense is intransitive so you can't turn it passive... hm.

Okay, "past" probably isn't properly a participle, but there's at least some family resemblance.   tongue  English is a very inbred language.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #28 on: November 05, 2007, 06:32:50 PM

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: November 06, 2007, 02:00:11 AM

As a budding linguist and grammar Nazi in the making, I  Heart this thread.  In love awesome, for real In love

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #30 on: November 06, 2007, 06:52:22 AM

As a budding linguist and grammar Nazi in the making, I  Heart this thread.  In love awesome, for real In love
You guys can still use that word? Watch out for the anti-SS SS!  my what do we have here?
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: November 06, 2007, 12:26:36 PM

You guys can still use that word? Watch out for the anti-SS SS!  my what do we have here?

I used a proxy while posting that, I am safe  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #32 on: November 06, 2007, 01:10:23 PM

He-eeeeelm! To ze coooolah!

taolurker
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: November 06, 2007, 01:36:12 PM

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: November 08, 2007, 12:59:41 PM

Having lived in west Phili, this made me laugh out loud. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 459 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Funny picture thread  
Jump to: