Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:10:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: PS3 No Longer Backwards Compatible 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: PS3 No Longer Backwards Compatible  (Read 30301 times)
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: October 08, 2007, 05:51:05 AM

I'm still a bit appalled by the "fuck europe as long as we get the good stuff" attitude displayed in this thread.
I'm enjoying it, because the same model is launching in the US soon.

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Roac
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: October 08, 2007, 05:55:44 AM

Yeah we can, because Nintendo owns Sony's ass.  That never should have happened.

-Roac
King of Ravens

"Young people who pretend to be wise to the ways of the world are mostly just cynics. Cynicism masquerades as wisdom, but it is the farthest thing from it. Because cynics don't learn anything. Because cynicism is a self-imposed blindness, a rejection of the world because we are afraid it will hurt us or disappoint us." -SC
schild
Administrator

Reply #37 on: October 08, 2007, 06:38:31 AM

I'm still a bit appalled by the "fuck europe as long as we get the good stuff" attitude displayed in this thread.

When you all buy as many games as we do, you can be appalled.
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: October 08, 2007, 07:00:29 AM

No, I'm quite certain he can be appalled about everything he likes without your consent, schild.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: October 08, 2007, 07:06:36 AM

No, I'm quite certain he can be appalled about everything he likes without your consent, schild.

I'm also pretty sure we can express self-interest in our consumerism without having to justify ourselves as well.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: October 08, 2007, 07:10:36 AM

Nobody doubts that you can express self-interest or wants to deny you that. In this case it isn't self-interest though, but shortsightedness or stupidity. If you really think those changes made in Europe will not come to the US I've got a few bridges I like to sell you.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: October 08, 2007, 07:37:49 AM

When you all buy as many games as we do, you can be appalled.
Aren't we already at that point?
(And that's excluding the dollar recently doing a papiersmark impression, of course - X billion sales where you're making Y profit per game is worth less than X/2 billion sales where you're making Y*3 profit per game).
« Last Edit: October 08, 2007, 08:14:45 AM by Simond »

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
HAMMER FRENZY
Contributor

Reply #42 on: October 08, 2007, 09:04:21 AM

Sony is so stupid. Xbox360 for me.

My Genesis games... LET ME SHOW YOU THEM!
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #43 on: October 08, 2007, 12:42:29 PM

The 40 GB PS3 model will have no backwards compatibility at all (including software). Still no confirmation on whether or not the 40 GB verison for $400 is coming to the US, but I'm thinking it's very likely. The 60 GB version for Europe and 80 GB version for the US only had the PS2 graphics chip, so was using software emulation for the PS2, and all PS1 emulation was software.

I just can't help but think this is a fantastic fuckup.

Jain Zar
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: October 08, 2007, 06:29:40 PM

The 40 GB PS3 model will have no backwards compatibility at all (including software). Still no confirmation on whether or not the 40 GB verison for $400 is coming to the US, but I'm thinking it's very likely. The 60 GB version for Europe and 80 GB version for the US only had the PS2 graphics chip, so was using software emulation for the PS2, and all PS1 emulation was software.

I just can't help but think this is a fantastic fuckup.

I could swear there is confirmation from every source but Sony.  Sony isn't even just fucking up, they are fucking up and outright lying and backpedaling on almost everything. 

It's like the N Gage only on a much more vast scale.  (And with no visible worthwhile games to at least put it in the Saturn/Dreamcast camp of niche machines worth it for a couple titles.)

Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: October 08, 2007, 09:55:21 PM

Their upper-level management is just awful, they change their marketing message every 5 minutes. "Rumble sucks -- err wait no, here have a rumble controller!" "Motion controls are a gimm-- err no, check out our motion controls!" "PS2 compatibility is in, err no it's software emu, err now it's out entirely!"

The fuck? What is going on here?

A great example of arrogance. Clearly they thought they could put out any system at any price and it would be a winner just by virtue of ZOMG PLAYSTATION!!! I have a longstanding hatred of MS but even I have to admit now that MS simply offers the better system. (If you can deal with returning it every 2 months lol)

Exact same thing Nintendo did to lose out to Sony.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: PS3 No Longer Backwards Compatible  
Jump to: