Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:33:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: 2.2.0 patch notes 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2.2.0 patch notes  (Read 16835 times)
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #35 on: September 27, 2007, 10:28:12 AM

My sound has been having the issues mentioned above as well.

Also, my character frame and my target frame are now dropped about 2 inches below the top of the screen and I can't move them. I have X-Perl unit frames and I can't find anything to move them back up.
I haven't had that problem...have you updated to the latest version yet? Deleting your config files would probably fix it too.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #36 on: September 27, 2007, 10:52:46 AM

For anyone else that still plays a hunter, take note that Feign Death is bugged.  It won't drop aggro if your pet is still attacking.
So, yeah, GG bliz.

This is going to make leveling my level 41 hunter with a level 32 pet so much more fun than it already was.

They definitely changed something about the pet aggro mechanic.  My Omen kept telling me "pet aggro" at random last night, and this was on my warrior, who (obviously) has no pet.

Witty banter not included.
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: September 27, 2007, 03:30:25 PM

I'm hearing some noise that the patch broke Hunter's traps in PvE --- they're lasting 10 seconds, and getting resisted about 90% of the time. Haven't verified it myself.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: September 28, 2007, 02:19:04 AM

Gargresh certainly wasn't an icy paragon of trapness last night ;  that would explain it, if true.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: September 28, 2007, 02:31:34 AM

I had this problem and went poking around in config.wtf in the wtf folder. It turns out wow had hardware sound set off so I flipped the 0 to a 1 and everything seems fine now.

According to a dev post on the boards that's intentional, WOW is now software sound only.

Well hardware still seems to work in the ini file. It made a huge improvement in the sound on my system.

Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: September 28, 2007, 02:33:32 AM

My sound has been having the issues mentioned above as well.

Also, my character frame and my target frame are now dropped about 2 inches below the top of the screen and I can't move them. I have X-Perl unit frames and I can't find anything to move them back up.

Using Fubar perhaps? Downgrade to the last 1.x version rather than using 2.x if you are. Or upgrade to his latest version assuming that one fixes it. Fubar is in the middle of a major rewrite atm. Actually 2 inches seems a bit too much to blame on fubar. Have you tried moving the frames while the config window is open? That works for me.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2007, 02:35:09 AM by Phred »
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: September 28, 2007, 06:21:46 AM

Gargresh certainly wasn't an icy paragon of trapness last night ;  that would explain it, if true.

Traps are buggy as hell. Some last 10 seconds, others last 30 (had one that I dropped the trap underneath him and he stayed trapped until my CD was up, so it had to last longer that normal) resist rates are not inconsistently higher for me, but they alwasy seem to resist at the worst time.

I thought the first day that they were all at the PvP length of 10 seconds, I then tested it and they do in fact last the full time if they work right.

Oh and on the FD not shedding aggro if the pet is attacking, I saw no sign of that last night when I had to save meself a couple of times, so it must just be whatever threat mod you use (and I don't use threat mods so I cannot test to make sure).

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Goatdude
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: September 28, 2007, 07:28:29 AM

I had this problem and went poking around in config.wtf in the wtf folder. It turns out wow had hardware sound set off so I flipped the 0 to a 1 and everything seems fine now.

What was the name of the variable? I'm having the same problem with the sound.

Check out CrosuS.
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: September 28, 2007, 09:22:03 AM

Oh and on the FD not shedding aggro if the pet is attacking, I saw no sign of that last night when I had to save meself a couple of times, so it must just be whatever threat mod you use (and I don't use threat mods so I cannot test to make sure).
I can't verify FD -- I just realized recently that they changed it so that you had to let the animation finish (I kept wondering why my spastic half-FD wasn't shedding aggro) before you drop off the list, so I haven't had a chance to even play with that.

Traps are seriously bugged, though. I was getting a lot of irregularity last night with them.
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: September 28, 2007, 04:11:01 PM

I just realized recently that they changed it so that you had to let the animation finish (I kept wondering why my spastic half-FD wasn't shedding aggro) before you drop off the list
Bout fucking time.  I always hated the fact that hunters could just be running along full tilt, spam FD / Drop trap, and never even appear to "die" and suddenly you lost your target and were caught in a trap.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: September 28, 2007, 04:14:06 PM

What was the name of the variable? I'm having the same problem with the sound.

SET SoundUseHardware "1"

Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: September 28, 2007, 04:15:10 PM

I just realized recently that they changed it so that you had to let the animation finish (I kept wondering why my spastic half-FD wasn't shedding aggro) before you drop off the list
Bout fucking time.  I always hated the fact that hunters could just be running along full tilt, spam FD / Drop trap, and never even appear to "die" and suddenly you lost your target and were caught in a trap.

They dont have to feign to even drop a trap now.

Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: September 28, 2007, 04:47:01 PM

We had to do something with FD, since it was utterly useless in PvP.

However, that got replaced with visible traps, with a two-second arm time. You have to be a real idiot to step on one of our traps now. (And for kicks, they're all linked to the same 30s cooldown).
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: September 28, 2007, 06:29:41 PM

Today on my little priest (63) tailor, I went from neutral to revered for Cenarion Circle with only something like 400 twilight texts.  550 rep per 10 text turnin, PLUS still get rep per twilight cultist kill after honored.

Nice.  Now I can make herb bags.
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: September 28, 2007, 06:53:00 PM

2 new things i noticed today while messing around on my druid:

Herb gathering while in flight form is back, you just cant be "flying" (and thus safely out of all monster aggro range) while gathering herbs.  Still makes druids BAR NONE the most efficient herbalism class in the game.

The Booterang from Netherwing reputation quests now works in flightform!

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Sogrinaugh
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: September 30, 2007, 06:49:16 AM

Haven't checked my other formulae yet, but blizzard massively reduced the material requirements for spellpower to rings and healing power to rings

went from requiring 8 large prismatic shards and 8 greater planar essences for the former to 2 & 2.  The healing power to ring is only 2 large prismatics and 3 greater eternals...  Noticed the change when i got my Violet Eye ring, and proceeded to immediately power my enchanting from 362 to 372. 
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: October 01, 2007, 11:02:13 AM

FD wont put you out of combat if your pet is attacking, you still drop aggro.  Its trivial to fd/drink/shadowmeld/pet attack though.

I am the .00000001428%
Sogrinaugh
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: October 06, 2007, 08:37:22 AM

RE:  Sound issue

OK semi embarassing but in my defense i never had the previously mentioned sound issue before...

Under the sound properties in control panel, i had 7.1 suround selected... when i moved it to desktop stereo, all sounds restored...

Again, before this patch, never had any missing sounds, so stil not sure what changed within WoW  to cause this.  Also i play music all the time on my comp (and never really fucked with the sound properties) and never noticed anything missing.

What im guessing is with the newer version of the sound engine they are using, the game is now correctly sending different sounds to other channels, in my case speakers that don't exist.  Previously, it didn't....

Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #53 on: October 06, 2007, 08:45:43 AM

I did notice that my orc started talking to me again after this patch.  ("I can't do that yet";  "I dont have a target")

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #54 on: October 06, 2007, 09:54:39 AM

What changed is hardware vs software emulation.  WoW is exclusively software emulation now, so that fancy soundcard we all have?  May as well not have it. 

You can thank Microsoft and Vista, apparently.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: October 06, 2007, 01:25:57 PM

Actually you are hearing yourself because the interface options got reset, just got to sound and turn off the "speak error messages" crap.

I am the .00000001428%
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: October 06, 2007, 09:09:23 PM

Yes it's all software emulation now, none of the hardware accelleration you might have on your sound card is used.  The effect for me was the disappearance of a slightly annoying sound bug, sound that sounds more synthetic now, and a bit of extra lag for the client.

I have in-game voice chat off.  It's horrible.
Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #57 on: October 08, 2007, 06:49:39 AM

I tried voice chat last night with a friend of mine.  No matter how high we cranked the mic gain, we couldn't make the client register our voices.  We didn't put a lot of work into it, since we have Vent and it still works fine.

Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: October 08, 2007, 06:52:24 AM

All I know is that iTunes now streams in with no problems.  Before the patch, I was having all kinds of problems.

I have no need for the in-game voice chat, but got an advantage anyway!  Huzzah!
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #59 on: October 08, 2007, 09:29:01 AM

I tried voice chat last night with a friend of mine.  No matter how high we cranked the mic gain, we couldn't make the client register our voices.  We didn't put a lot of work into it, since we have Vent and it still works fine.

Maybe youhave to boost the mic in the Windows settings, rather than using WoW's mic gain?  I dunno, I've got a Vent server, and no real need to use anything but it.. especially in battlegrounds.  No thx.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #60 on: October 08, 2007, 10:36:21 AM

Maybe youhave to boost the mic in the Windows settings, rather than using WoW's mic gain?  I dunno, I've got a Vent server, and no real need to use anything but it.. especially in battlegrounds.  No thx.

That was my next thought, but my motivation to make it work fizzled before I got there.  I'm pretty sure the Windows settings are right, since Vent works.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: October 08, 2007, 11:23:18 AM

Use the wee icon beside the map to switch it off and on.

Honest.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Driakos
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: October 08, 2007, 03:25:38 PM

The in-game voice-chat works great for me, once I turned down my hardware acceleration on my sound card.  We dumped Vent.  Well, my Onyxia crew did.  The Hellscream bunch are still using TS.

oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: October 09, 2007, 02:30:23 AM

Apparently, Blizzard is working on getting hardware support built back in to the new sound engine. Wonder who yelled at whichever Dev had "integrated voice chat" as their pet project?

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: 2.2.0 patch notes  
Jump to: