Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:35:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: 2.2.0 patch notes 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2.2.0 patch notes  (Read 16834 times)
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

on: September 25, 2007, 11:11:16 AM

« Last Edit: July 31, 2021, 03:52:22 PM by Trippy »
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 12:13:34 PM

I don't quite understand why they are lowering Freezing trap to 10 seconds when it never lasts more than 3 in PvP anyway, and it has a 30 sec cooldown /shrug.

I do like that polymorph, sap, and fears will be max 10 seconds as well though.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: September 25, 2007, 12:39:29 PM

My lvl 1 auction house alt just sold a cape.  I won't get the gold for it, however, for 3 more hours.  I wonder, is this for all characters or just lvl 1s?

Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: September 25, 2007, 01:04:36 PM

My lvl 1 auction house alt just sold a cape.  I won't get the gold for it, however, for 3 more hours.  I wonder, is this for all characters or just lvl 1s?
Ooh, sneaky. I like.

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Baldrake
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: September 25, 2007, 01:21:05 PM

Yeah, I got the same thing with my level 1 mule. I'm fine with it if it somehow harms the farmers.

Tangentially, I've been amused at the trouble some people are taking with their auction mules. Some people have started to dress them quite spiffingly. Tuxedos for mules are not uncommon. (And where do you get that shirt with the tie on it??)

My favourite auction mule name so far is "Tyra Banks".
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #5 on: September 25, 2007, 02:19:27 PM

It must lower as you go up.. It was forcing an hour wait on my L70.  It's definitely targeted at the gold farmers, but I don't see how the hour wait slows them down.. other than making them wait for an hour. Oh noes.

Tangentially, I've been amused at the trouble some people are taking with their auction mules. Some people have started to dress them quite spiffingly. Tuxedos for mules are not uncommon. (And where do you get that shirt with the tie on it??)

The Tuxedo jacket comes with the tie.. unless you're referring to something else I can't think of atm.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Lum
Developers

Hellfire Games

Reply #6 on: September 25, 2007, 02:55:29 PM

Eh, I have a level 1 auctionalt and it doesn't bother me that much, I keep sales on a 24 hour cycle anyway. Log in, clean out the last day's sales, post the stuff I emailed from play characters.
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #7 on: September 25, 2007, 03:07:11 PM

I think it has to do with gold sellers using the AH to transfer gold now. They tell the buyer to list a piece of "tough jerky" for like 1000g or how ever much gold they bought. Then the goldseller goes and buys the jerky. And you have gold.
Baldrake
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: September 25, 2007, 05:09:19 PM

The Tuxedo jacket comes with the tie.. unless you're referring to something else I can't think of atm.

Ahhh, thanks.
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

2009 Demon's Souls Fantasy League Champion

Reply #9 on: September 25, 2007, 05:49:30 PM

ORC SHOULDER ARMOR HOLY GOD IT IS BACK AND HOW I HAVE MISSED YOU SO

But that Captain's salami tray was tight, yo. You plump for the roast pork loin, dogg?

[20:42:41] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
[20:42:41] The spirit touches you and you feel drained.
Musashi
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: September 25, 2007, 05:55:08 PM

Ahhh, thanks.

Think you mean this.

AKA Gyoza
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: September 25, 2007, 08:20:11 PM

-  Dragon's Breath: The movement-slowing component of this spell is now properly considered a Snare. Immunity and clearing effects will now  work properly with it.

Huh wha now?  Since when did DB slow you? Its a 3 second disorient, not a snare.  Or did they mean Cone of Cold?

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Selby
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: September 25, 2007, 09:39:42 PM

-  Blackrock Spire: The gems for the Seal of Ascension are now a 100%
   drop from Overlord Wyrmthalak, War Master Voone and Highlord Omokk.
Nice.  Too bad it's about 2 years too late.  Nothing sucked worse than going through this instance 2-3 times and not having ANY of the gems drop.  I had to have run this instance for months and only ever wound up with 1 of the gems.
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: September 25, 2007, 10:12:16 PM

-  Blackrock Spire: The gems for the Seal of Ascension are now a 100%
   drop from Overlord Wyrmthalak, War Master Voone and Highlord Omokk.
Nice.  Too bad it's about 2 years too late.  Nothing sucked worse than going through this instance 2-3 times and not having ANY of the gems drop.  I had to have run this instance for months and only ever wound up with 1 of the gems.
Yeah, they seem to be "Tweaking" much of the old world content to make it more accessable, with things like the UBRS key change, and the change to old world Reputation grind amounts.

Calantus
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: September 26, 2007, 01:44:29 AM

-  Dragon's Breath: The movement-slowing component of this spell is now properly considered a Snare. Immunity and clearing effects will now  work properly with it.

Huh wha now?  Since when did DB slow you? Its a 3 second disorient, not a snare.  Or did they mean Cone of Cold?

DB has a slow and a disorient built into the effect. If I had to guess I'd say PVP trinket on DB would have removed the disorient but you'd still be snared prepatch. Same for if there was an immunity (like beast within) I'm guessing you would have still been snared. /shrug
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: September 26, 2007, 09:08:08 AM

I think it has to do with gold sellers using the AH to transfer gold now. They tell the buyer to list a piece of "tough jerky" for like 1000g or how ever much gold they bought. Then the goldseller goes and buys the jerky. And you have gold.

On my server, I see tough hunks of bread for 200g - and I'll see a bunch listed by one seller.  I'm wondering if this is how farmers get their gold to their distributor.

I don't have the nerve to try this, but a person could make note of the names of a seller, make a new alt, slightly change one letter (make it a funny one with a dot over it or something) and then list tough hunks of bread for 200g. 

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: September 26, 2007, 09:14:03 AM

I've got lots of nerve.

I'll let you know how I get on.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Goatdude
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: September 26, 2007, 12:44:26 PM

The AH delay is going to put an annoying delay in my transfer of gold from horde hunter to my alliance resto shaman. :(

The delay probably helps with slowing down gold sellers and account hackers/liquidators. The gold can pass through less hands and probably easier to track?

Check out CrosuS.
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: September 26, 2007, 02:01:40 PM

DB has a slow and a disorient built into the effect. If I had to guess I'd say PVP trinket on DB would have removed the disorient but you'd still be snared prepatch. Same for if there was an immunity (like beast within) I'm guessing you would have still been snared. /shrug
Do you have any proof of this? I ask this as a fire mage with DB, and i can say i have never noticed a Slowing / snareing effect with dragons breath.  3 second disorient yes, but slow / snare? never.  If i wanted to slow someone, i would use Cone of Cold.  Why would we have 2 aoe abilities, on the same cooldown timer, with essentially the exact same effect?

Musashi
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: September 26, 2007, 02:26:55 PM

Do you have any proof of this? I ask this as a fire mage with DB, and i can say i have never noticed a Slowing / snareing effect with dragons breath.  3 second disorient yes, but slow / snare? never.  If i wanted to slow someone, i would use Cone of Cold.  Why would we have 2 aoe abilities, on the same cooldown timer, with essentially the exact same effect?

I think he meant that the disorient effect slowed players in that it puts distance between you and your foe.  The way I read that patch line item, it means that they now consider it a snare in addition to a disorient for the purposes of things like trinkets removing it.  Grats on the nerf!  I kid.

As to why you have two, it's because of the effects of +damage.  One is for mages in fire gear, and one is for mages in ice gear.

I think they probably made this change to make fighting differently spec'd mages a little more homogeneous, at least for melee.

AKA Gyoza
Sogrinaugh
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: September 26, 2007, 03:55:43 PM

I think he meant that the disorient effect slowed players in that it puts distance between you and your foe.  The way I read that patch line item, it means that they now consider it a snare in addition to a disorient for the purposes of things like trinkets removing it.  Grats on the nerf!  I kid.

As to why you have two, it's because of the effects of +damage.  One is for mages in fire gear, and one is for mages in ice gear.

I think they probably made this change to make fighting differently spec'd mages a little more homogeneous, at least for melee.
I'm willing to bet they didn't mean Dragon's Breath at all, i think they meant blastwave.  Previously, blastwave was an uncharacterized debuff (paladins could not cleanse it).  Blastwave has a snare, not dragon's breath.

BUGS:
A)  Anyone else having their sound effects fucked up?  My priests casting sounds are gone (though the impact part of the spell sound is their, such as when smite hits, but the "wind up" portion of hte spells sound effects are gone).  I noticed that the patch had reset the # of sound channels down to the minimum, i tried restoring it to the level i had before and still same issue.
B)  Wierd font change?  Anyone know how to restore the previous font?  I find the new one irritating and pointless
C)  Amount of monitor relestate opened bags are now taking is also annoying.  Previously, my characters bags, all opened took up 2 "rows" of space, and were significantly smaller.  This is not a resolution change.  I tried increasing and decreasing resolution and then putting it back to my previous setting (1280x960) and bags still hogging stupid amounts of room when opened.
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: September 26, 2007, 05:22:06 PM

A)  Anyone else having their sound effects fucked up?  My priests casting sounds are gone (though the impact part of the spell sound is their, such as when smite hits, but the "wind up" portion of hte spells sound effects are gone).  I noticed that the patch had reset the # of sound channels down to the minimum, i tried restoring it to the level i had before and still same issue.

I'm having this problem, too.

Haven't noticed any difference in the font (aside from some minor differences in the little white pip in the corner of the hotkeys that aren't assigned to a number) or in the backpack display, though.
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: September 26, 2007, 05:26:42 PM

BUGS:

Did you restart your client afterwards before checking it out again? The settings won't save without a restart.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
Calantus
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: September 26, 2007, 05:50:47 PM

It's built into the disorient so that the target moves slowly while under the disorient effect. Blind has a similar effect. For a look at what happens when a CC/disorient doesn't also have a slow component look at fear. Now having said that I don't know what was wrong with the snare before if anything, I'm just pointing out where the snare is.
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: September 26, 2007, 06:26:40 PM

My sound effects are fine. At least so far.

On the bags thing, have you tried checking the "use UI scale" and fidgeting with this? It's one of the things they monkeyed with.

For me the big one is they broke widescreen. Probably wouldn't be quite as irked by it if I hadn't bought a widescreen monitor last week.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #25 on: September 26, 2007, 07:06:56 PM

Yeah, I noticed the large bags thing too, and someone on my guild boards pointed me to the UI scale control.  That did the trick.  My setting ended up being about 2/3 toward the right.

Witty banter not included.
Selby
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: September 26, 2007, 07:18:22 PM

Haven't noticed any difference in the font (aside from some minor differences in the little white pip in the corner of the hotkeys that aren't assigned to a number) or in the backpack display, though.
This is the only thing I noticed.  My sound was VERY loud after patching though.  Had to spend some time tweaking it down again.
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: September 26, 2007, 08:24:56 PM

This is the only thing I noticed.  My sound was VERY loud after patching though.  Had to spend some time tweaking it down again.

Yeah, they could have at least kept the master volume settings the same, I about shit my pants when I opened wow and the music was turned up to 11.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: September 26, 2007, 10:23:45 PM

I'm having this problem, too.

I had this problem and went poking around in config.wtf in the wtf folder. It turns out wow had hardware sound set off so I flipped the 0 to a 1 and everything seems fine now.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #29 on: September 27, 2007, 03:49:15 AM

For anyone else that still plays a hunter, take note that Feign Death is bugged.  It won't drop aggro if your pet is still attacking.
So, yeah, GG bliz.

Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: September 27, 2007, 04:21:12 AM

I had this problem and went poking around in config.wtf in the wtf folder. It turns out wow had hardware sound set off so I flipped the 0 to a 1 and everything seems fine now.

According to a dev post on the boards that's intentional, WOW is now software sound only.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Calantus
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: September 27, 2007, 06:09:39 AM

For anyone else that still plays a hunter, take note that Feign Death is bugged.  It won't drop aggro if your pet is still attacking.
So, yeah, GG bliz.

This is going to make leveling my level 41 hunter with a level 32 pet so much more fun than it already was.
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: September 27, 2007, 09:02:23 AM

So, yeah, GG bliz.

Since when hasn't feign death been bugged?

Every patch something else about it breaks. I have barely used it in BC, of course, I am not raiding anymore either so that is probably a lot of it.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #33 on: September 27, 2007, 09:25:07 AM

My sound has been having the issues mentioned above as well.

Also, my character frame and my target frame are now dropped about 2 inches below the top of the screen and I can't move them. I have X-Perl unit frames and I can't find anything to move them back up.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #34 on: September 27, 2007, 09:49:32 AM

So, yeah, GG bliz.

This is going to make leveling my level 41 hunter with a level 32 pet so much more fun than it already was.

It may just be a KTM bug.. I'm not certain at this point.  There's a thread on the hunter forums about it, but I haven't checked it myself other than raiding last night.   I know my KTM chart didn't clear if the pet was still in combat.. seeing as I try NOT to pull the guy who can hit me for 14k, I didn't actually try to pull aggro and just stopped DPSing for a bit until I figured out to pull-off the pet, then feign.

Since when hasn't feign death been bugged?

Every patch something else about it breaks. I have barely used it in BC, of course, I am not raiding anymore either so that is probably a lot of it.

I haven't had any problems with it beyond it not being instant anymore.  They changed its functionality so you can't just hit it and begin shooting right away.  You have to let the animation fully complete and lay there.  Too many people bitching pre-bc about the feign-trap trick, so it was a belated change.  Ignore the fact that you can drop traps in combat now.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: 2.2.0 patch notes  
Jump to: