Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 06:47:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Comics  |  Topic: Comic Foundry 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Comic Foundry  (Read 3843 times)
stu
Terracotta Army

on: September 24, 2007, 09:45:11 AM

Has anyone picked up this new comics rag?

http://www.comicfoundry.com/

I haven't been a big fan of Wizard since I was in high school. This looks like it might actually have some content worth reading.

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
schild
Administrator

Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 09:47:30 AM

"Sex and Comics: What your comics say about you."

I mean this in the nicest way, that's some dumb shit and makes the magazine instantly not worth buying even if it's a fucking revelation in the magazine world. I don't care if the print a counter-proof to the theory of relativity. Anything that prints something that vapid should be torched in the courtyard.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 10:11:29 AM

And it adds a story on Fanboy Fashion. I'm afraid I'm going to be inclined to agree with schild on this one.

stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007, 12:54:00 PM

I was referring more to the people named for interviews on the upper right corner. I couldn't give a rats ass about Fanboy Fashion. That dude's shirt on the cover is ugliness-on-cotton. I guess this is a late save but I was in a hurry for class.

If it has interviews with Brian Wood, Adrian Tomine, Garth Ennis, and Brian K. Vaughan, it can't be too bad. Unless all the questions are geared towards whether or not they wear Argyle stitched Incredible Hulk socks.

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: September 24, 2007, 01:31:56 PM

Avril Lavigne FTL.

I love how every magazing for boys these days, no matter what is ostensibly about, has to have shit about gadgets or rockers or fashion or whatever.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: September 24, 2007, 08:29:10 PM

I guess I'll just stick with these guys:

http://tcj.com/

For some reason, there isn't a comic shop in Miami that sells a hard copy of The Comics Journal, which leaves me with what's on the web. I think it's really the only magazing out there that is dedicated soley to comics. Unless you can also get Comic Book Resources off the racks.

The more I look at it, the more Comics Foundry seems to be for hipsters with funny haircuts.

I read Walking Dead, Fables and Stray Bullets. I wonder what that says about me sexually.

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #6 on: September 25, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

For some reason, there isn't a comic shop in Miami that sells a hard copy of The Comics Journal, which leaves me with what's on the web. I think it's really the only magazing out there that is dedicated soley to comics. Unless you can also get Comic Book Resources off the racks.

I'm unsure why you'd need anything other than what's available on the web.  The comics industry is pretty small.  There's not usually enough going on at any given time to make for an interesting magazine on a monthly basis, hence filler material like shit about fashion or Sex and Comics.
stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: September 25, 2007, 05:03:21 AM

I look for excuses to visit the comic shop. Call me old fashioned, but I like to hold a hard copy in my hands while I'm reading.

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Comics  |  Topic: Comic Foundry  
Jump to: