Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 08:14:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: I11 Teasers 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I11 Teasers  (Read 12180 times)
UnSub
Contributor

on: September 20, 2007, 11:53:47 PM

To I11 teaser elements came out today - a wallpaper showing a stylised ouroborous / infinity symbol and a Paragon Times article that reads like the basic character introduction to the game is impossible.

A lot of CoH/V players believe that this indicates a flashback system of sorts is coming into the game. Regardless, these are some pretty good teasers.

Horik
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: September 21, 2007, 06:53:10 AM

The names of the Outbreak victims listed are the in-game contacts for missions.

Interesting.

EDIT- Not all of the contacts
« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 06:56:16 AM by Horik »
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #2 on: September 21, 2007, 06:54:39 AM

Wake me up when XP is doubled. I'm not re-subbing a third time only to get my dreams crushed underneath the grind :/
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: September 21, 2007, 07:21:21 AM

This looks interesting, but I'm not sure what to make of it.  Since CoH is now my regular game, I'm hoping that they do something to spice things up beyond this lag-fest they call the Rikti invasion.  I just hit level 41 on my DM/SR scrapper and the samness of missions is really getting to me again.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: September 21, 2007, 08:33:10 AM

Quote from: Warden McGoohan
No one has ever escaped from the Zig…and no one ever will!

Hmm. Propaganda, maybe? Even if you only look at the number of villains I've personally rolled up in the past two years, the Zig is as leaky as a sieve.

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: September 21, 2007, 10:46:02 AM

Quote from: Warden McGoohan
No one has ever escaped from the Zig…and no one ever will!

Hmm. Propaganda, maybe? Even if you only look at the number of villains I've personally rolled up in the past two years, the Zig is as leaky as a sieve.

Nah, there's some kind of alternate timeline/reality thing going on.  The story about Outbreak says something about the entire island of Talos being contaminated.  Basically, it's a 'What if the PC failed the tutorial mission?'  I'm hoping beyond hope that the speculation about Flashback going in is true.

Over and out.
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: October 02, 2007, 02:22:37 PM

Weapon Customization

Issue 11 cannot get here fast enough.

I'd love it if you could do this with Ice Sword and Fire Sword type weapons, but, one thing at a time. This looks like a great improvement!

Alkiera
Terracotta Army

The best part of SWG was the easy account cancellation process.

Reply #7 on: October 02, 2007, 02:32:04 PM

Weapon Customization

Issue 11 cannot get here fast enough.

I'd love it if you could do this with Ice Sword and Fire Sword type weapons, but, one thing at a time. This looks like a great improvement!

Oh man.  That looks very cool... and might get me to build some of the specs I was avoiding as I didn't like the looks of the weapon.

Also, Nevermore, if you look at that link, it's definitely the proposed Flashback system.

*drool*

Finally, a bit more detail about Willpower.  Claims to be a mix of Def, Res, and Regen.  I wonder how effective that will be, especially on the def-lite archs like scrappers and stalkers...  Guess we'll wait and see how well it works.  Hopefully it's not ZOMG GODMODE.

--
Alkiera
« Last Edit: October 02, 2007, 02:36:10 PM by Alkiera »

"[I could] become the world's preeminent MMO class action attorney.  I could be the lawyer EVEN AMBULANCE CHASERS LAUGH AT. " --Triforcer

Welcome to the internet. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used as evidence against you in a character assassination on Slashdot.
Glazius
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: October 02, 2007, 05:02:35 PM

Also apparently you get to Time Trial all your old missions.

Quote from: Positron
Time Limits, Lives, No Inspirations, No Temp Powers, self-nerf, (as well as others) are all parameters you can turn on or off to customize your missions and show off just how bad-ass you are.
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #9 on: October 02, 2007, 09:44:43 PM

I11 is linking new and old content to the time travel / Flashback system, will introduce weapons customisation for most weapon powersets, has uber-rare IO enhancements, a new combo-damage system for Dual Blades and the previously mentioned new powersets.

It looks like a very good issue. The devil is in the detail (i.e. weapon customisation is unlocked in-game, so you have to achieve certain things to get a new weapon model), but it seems to be a step in the right direction.

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: October 03, 2007, 04:58:05 AM

I'm extremely happy about Flashback and Weapon Customization looks great!  Hate the whole 'uber-rare' thing, though.

Over and out.
Alkiera
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: October 03, 2007, 07:23:23 AM

Hate the whole 'uber-rare' thing, though.

My only hope is that it will devalue the older enhancement sets a bit so that they become a bit more affordable.  At 48, though, I'm pretty well fitted out.  My bigger attacks all have +ACC, +DMG, +RCH all in the +65-95% range, with some -END in there too.  Given the Enhancile Dysfunction system, I'm not sure it's possible to get much better than that.  The biggest thing the changes ED and later brought is, is rather than having a power that is +33% ACC, +170% damage, I'm at +67% ACC, +90% DMG, +85% RCH, -30% END.  I only do about 2/3 the damage I could before, but I hit much more often against harder mobs, the power is available more frequently, and costs me less to use.

The ED change just makes it pointless to put more than 3 slots on some powers.  Build Up, for example, needs 3 SOs to be into the 'soft cap' region for recharge.  Any more thn that would be better spent elsewhere.  And I could certainly see you only putting two, and going with the +42% IOs.  Not quite as fast as the 95% or so you'd get with 3 slots, but if your build needs slots elsewhere, it might be a good place to save some.  IOs are making slot placement much more flexible than previously possible.  I'd thought the slot/enhancement game dead after ED, but the last issue or two have really brought it back to life.

The bunch of new stuff for the high level ranges in the new issue should break up the mission monotony nicely, I think.

--
Alkiera

"[I could] become the world's preeminent MMO class action attorney.  I could be the lawyer EVEN AMBULANCE CHASERS LAUGH AT. " --Triforcer

Welcome to the internet. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used as evidence against you in a character assassination on Slashdot.
Jimbo
Terracotta Army

still drives a stick shift

Reply #12 on: October 03, 2007, 06:41:35 PM

Story Arc's will be a godsend.  I have been playing for 39 months (on and off) and never got to apprehend Dr. Vahzilok.  I wonder though...could you gather up a lot of the temp powers, like the clockwork summons, ghost busting shotgun, iron sword (that really hurts fey creatures), etc..

I'm hoping that they add the ability to make and sell some more temp powers.  It would be nice to be able to buy a jet pack or jump pack once you run out (you could still get them from the radio missions but it can be a pain).

UnSub
Contributor

Reply #13 on: October 03, 2007, 08:27:27 PM

For weapon customisation: apparently a fair number of alternate weapon models will be available as default options when I11 hits. Certain mob-linked weapon options (e.g. Tommy Gun) will be linked to certain villain group badges (i.e. The Family; Untouchable badge). If you've already got that badge, you'll have access to those weapon models. The ones I don't like the sound of are the models you have to buy with Vanguard credits, which you can only get lvl 35+.

You can also pick on- and off-hand weapons for Dual Blades separately. Dual sais is one option, or you could go (maybe) a sai and a Red Cap dagger.

Alkiera
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: October 08, 2007, 08:13:35 AM

I'm personally hoping for a captured Rikti sword for my Broad Sword scrapper.  One of those giant ones...  I can't GIS up an image at the moment, maybe I'll have to go annoy a Chief Mentalist later, get him to draw on me for a picture.  I've certainly killed enough Rikti. 

Barring that, I think the Lost have swordsmen with big swords too.  Or maybe, say, a giant stop sign or something, for amusement's sake.

--
Alkiera

Glazius
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: October 08, 2007, 09:49:22 AM

Ah, Rikti swords.

Glowy can-opener model or axe bayonet model?

Back Alley Brawler has said that Rikti swords are in, for I believe broadsword and battle axe powersets.

You may have to actually drop Rikti for them, though. Not in search of rare-drops, but to qualify for a badge that gives you the sword. Perhaps a "silent badge".

If that's the case, though, you can rack up the kills now and get the sword later.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: October 08, 2007, 12:30:39 PM

I was under the impression that the rikti invasion badges would open up the rikti weapon sets.  Perhaps that was just a nasty rumor.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: October 08, 2007, 01:20:48 PM

A lot of this stuff is just nasty rumor, at least until Issue 11 hits the test site.

And even then the devs can change things.

UnSub
Contributor

Reply #18 on: October 08, 2007, 08:51:49 PM

An 'easy' badge to attach the Rikti sword to would be the "kill 100 invading Rikti" badge. That would make more sense than the Zookeeper badge (kill 1000 Rikti monkeys).

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: October 27, 2007, 02:39:08 AM

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: October 28, 2007, 03:46:31 AM

Paragon wiki now has a page with pictures of all the alternate weapn designs on one page for comparison.

http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/index.php/Weapon_Customization

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #21 on: October 28, 2007, 04:03:45 AM

http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/images/8/88/Techsword.jpg

Servers are going to be overrun by Cloud wannabes when the Issue comes out.
Glazius
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: October 29, 2007, 09:31:43 AM

http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/images/8/88/Techsword.jpg

Servers are going to be overrun by Cloud wannabes when the Issue comes out.

I thought they'd be a bit overshadowed by all the Kratos wannabes, but what do I know?
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #23 on: October 29, 2007, 06:52:24 PM

Are any of the swords attached to chains? If not then no.
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #24 on: October 30, 2007, 01:34:22 AM

Not lightsabers, but close:

The blade is colour-customisable. Katana powerset only at this point, as I understand it.

EDIT: Oh, and only unlockable lvl 35+.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: October 30, 2007, 12:08:31 PM

ANyone know if you can attach auras to weapons in I11?

If so, there's lightsabers for all (30+ characters) right there.

UnSub
Contributor

Reply #26 on: October 31, 2007, 07:31:57 AM

ANyone know if you can attach auras to weapons in I11?

Nope, not at this point. It's been suggested.

Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #27 on: November 03, 2007, 06:30:38 PM

Actually looking pretty cool.

Still, LESS GRIND PLZKTHX. Seriously. Cut that grind down a good amount, and I am perma-subbed.

Also, watch out for the Drizzt Clones.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: I11 Teasers  
Jump to: