Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:42:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: In-Game Names/Race/Class 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: In-Game Names/Race/Class  (Read 10079 times)
schild
Administrator

on: September 15, 2004, 08:05:56 PM

Nimlue - Darkelf Rogue - Level 11
****** - Darkelf Priest - Level 7

Forgot the second ones name. It's either Claire or Delilah. Something obscenely feminine.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2005, 06:21:00 AM by schild »
Ookii
Staff Emeritus

is actually Trippy

Reply #1 on: September 16, 2004, 10:25:07 AM

Leon - Gnome Mage - Level 6

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #2 on: September 17, 2004, 08:48:07 AM

Haemish - Barbarian (Qeynos) - Level 1 - Was there a class choice in character creation? I haven't actually made it into the game yet.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #3 on: September 17, 2004, 01:58:56 PM

This stupid forum wouldn't appear until I logged in 14 times... or maybe it's because I've been stoned for 3 days.  I'm trying to break my record of 937 days in a row.  Anyway... I'm:

Twee
Evil Human Thingy
Lost and Confused
Please send help.

And I may start a goodie character named Gunda shortly.  I don't know what Righ's character is... he's stolen my copy of Fable and run off.  Damn.

Edit:  Is there any way we can get Righ his own beta key?  We're sharing and that's not healthy.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Volm

Email
Reply #4 on: September 18, 2004, 11:17:27 PM

Volmoth - Level 12 Human Warrior (Freeport)

Grull - Level 14 Barbarian Shaman (Freeport)

If you guys need help with getting oriented in the game, let me know.

[Edited to add] Haemish, you make a class selection after completing the tutorial. Once you hit level 10 you further specify your role in the game by completing a class quest.
Alluvian
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: September 24, 2004, 09:55:20 AM

To nitpick you do your subclass quest at 9, and can't level to 10 until you finish it.  Also, you don't actually BECOME that subclass until you hit 10.

So you hit 9, get a quest to pick your branch, do the quest, then level up to 10 and become your choice.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #6 on: October 09, 2004, 03:28:55 PM

Maybe Darniaq could be invited to this group.  He's in beta and he gives great data! (though not in a pervy way)

Big Gulp
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: October 15, 2004, 01:38:22 PM

Typhus - 5th level Rat Scout
Biig - 6th level Troll Fighter
Svitlana - 1st level Human Fighter

Beta 1
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #8 on: October 15, 2004, 01:53:59 PM

Candi - L3 Half Elf Mage

Fizzik - L7 Ogre Fighter
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #9 on: October 15, 2004, 07:35:00 PM

Candi?

MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: October 15, 2004, 07:46:20 PM

Quote from: Signe
Candi?

Yup.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #11 on: October 15, 2004, 07:47:34 PM

Ayarae - DE Priest (L7 currently)

Beta 2 server since Beta 1 was 'orange' when I started up and I wasn't sure if that was population or server ping. Either way I'm happy as I hate hordes of people & lag.

BigGulp - Monk is in the fighter class.  Fighter -> Brawler -> Monk according to the official site. I believe you have to go to Qeynos as well, since it's Monk/Bruiser.

EDIT:

Remade on Beta 1.  The Freeport Citizenship quest bugged me so badly all I could do was delete the character and start over.  This, apparently, isn't a new issue from what I gleaned about it on the quest boards.

If your quest log says 'talk to the overseer' and you're not able to get anything beyond the 'go away' text, then you're in the same boat as me.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #12 on: October 15, 2004, 10:45:01 PM

Beta 1

Rasir - Ratonga Scout

Beta 2

Rasix - Iksar Crusader - 10

Tried a priest early on but it wasn't fun. Maybe I'll try one later.

-Rasix
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #13 on: October 16, 2004, 11:08:40 AM

Mellodie - Level 14 Female Half-Elf Bard, Qeynos, Beta 1
Mylene - Level 10 Female High-Elf Cleric, Qeynos, Beta 1
Iyana - Level 10 Female Dark-Elf Enchanter, Freeport, Beta 1
Jesitch - Level 10 Female Gnome Brawler, Freeport, Beta 2

Edit: Updated character info
Ardent
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: October 17, 2004, 09:22:00 PM

Beta 1 server:

Boip - lvl 10 Ratonga druid
Ooyijo - lvl 10 Dark Elf enchanter
Xiuj - lvl 10 kerra predator

This might be painful to read for those not in the beta, but I'm having a hard time motivating myself to load up this game anymore. As soon as I get my lvl 10 class, I lose interest.

Um, never mind.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: October 17, 2004, 09:37:50 PM

Quote from: Ardent
Beta 1 server:

Boip - lvl 10 Ratonga druid
Ooyijo - lvl 10 Dark Elf enchanter
Xiuj - lvl 10 kerra predator

This might be painful to read for those not in the beta, but I'm having a hard time motivating myself to load up this game anymore. As soon as I get my lvl 10 class, I lose interest.

Roger that.

Fizzik - L10 Bruiser
schild
Administrator

Reply #16 on: October 18, 2004, 04:38:35 AM

The low level game is fantastically fleshed out. Without other people around that make grouping fun, the game does get quite boring at level 10 and up. It was easy for me to get burnt out on the game when I was playing alone.
Big Gulp
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: October 18, 2004, 07:22:09 AM

Quote from: MrHat

Roger that.

Fizzik - L10 Bruiser

Same here.  After level 10 it seems to be a worse grind than EQ.  Hell, at least in the original EQ my monk would have a couple of kung fu moves, and my shadowknight would have a pet.  Here?  Well my monk and my shadowknight are in the limbo between actually being their end class and although I'm going for completely different character types, they pretty much play exactly the same.  Apparently it'll be like that until 20.

Not fun.

ETA:  And although I appreciate that they've largely removed kill stealing, they've also removed a lot of the interaction from the first game.  Want to heal someone you see in trouble, or randomly buff strangers?  Forget about it, they're not in your group.  Want to help a buddy gain some XP quickly and show them the ropes (i.e., power level them)?  Nope, not happening.  Want to use some gear beyond your level?  Nope, can't be done, and consequently everyone your level is wearing the same damned gear.

It's like they've systematically removed everything that could possibly be considered unique or original in the first game if it even hinted of being "unfair".  It feels like you're living in Eastern Europe during the cold war where everything is fair, but really shitty.  EQ1 in contrast feels like the decadent west, where things can be vastly unfair, but vibrant.

Or if you want another analogy, there were too many kids in the first EQ that whined after falling off their bikes.  So they've now made helmets, knee and elbow pads mandatory in this one.  Should make for a better game, right?  Wrong, it feels like you're being blocked from doing anything fun.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #18 on: October 18, 2004, 10:18:52 PM

Quote from: Big Gulp
ETA:  And although I appreciate that they've largely removed kill stealing, they've also removed a lot of the interaction from the first game.  Want to heal someone you see in trouble, or randomly buff strangers?  Forget about it, they're not in your group.

Yup, this seriously sucks. Most of the time I'm pretty anti-social but I like doing "drive by" healings/buffings as I see people in need. It's one of the reasons I like playing healer classes. Without players being able to help each other, what's the point of an MMO? Why don't they just instance all content at the group level? SOE should've just copied FFXI's locking mechanics straight rather than tweak them for EQII.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #19 on: October 19, 2004, 11:16:52 AM

Yes, although this hit me much earlier, say around level 8, when I'm told "YOU HAVE QUALIFIED TO BE A WARRIOR...at level 10."

Made me want to kick that little fucking dwarf.

Cyraxx

Email
Reply #20 on: October 25, 2004, 12:07:00 AM

Or if you want another analogy, there were too many kids in the first EQ that whined after falling off their bikes. So they've now made helmets, knee and elbow pads mandatory in this one.

Lol, that sucks so much.
Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: October 30, 2004, 12:48:21 PM

Beta 1 server
Raedarr
Lvl 3 Dwarf Fighter
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #22 on: November 01, 2004, 07:57:44 AM

Beta 2
Jigu, level 8 bar fighter - qeynos
Vehia, level 3 de mage - refuge

I have never played WoW.
UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: November 02, 2004, 06:52:10 AM

Beta 2
Oops - Level 6 Ogre Fighter - Island of Refuge

Oddly enough this was the name I got from the random name generator, it was Oopse, I just dropped the E.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: In-Game Names/Race/Class  
Jump to: