Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 02:30:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Secondary Bat Country FF league. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Secondary Bat Country FF league.  (Read 79978 times)
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #70 on: September 10, 2007, 07:21:18 AM

That Chargers/Bears game was a fucking weird one. I was right about San Diego's defense though, against Chicago they were killer. Grossman to Griese QB Clock is ticking. 

Fucking Romo. Tony Fucking Romo. That cocksucker just killed me in the JV league. Unless the combination of Boldin, Vernon Davis and Rudi Johnson score over 50 points, I'm officially fucked. If you watched that Giants/Cowboys game, you saw probably the worst fucking defense on the planet. The Giants' safeties might as well have not even been on the fucking field. Romo did not do that well, he just happened to be given such a soft, gooey center of the field he gorged himself. Whoever had Jason Witten should build a shrine to Gibril Wilson's craptaculosity. If Coughlin isn't fired by mid-season, it'll only be because the GM doesn't think it'll do any good. The Cowboys' D wasn't much better, letting Eli throw deep on them all night. If the Giants had been able to muster ANY KIND of defense against the pass, the G-men might have won. Holy fuck, was that a bad game.

The Packers/Eagles game was WHACKED. I don't think I've ever seen such a sorry display of special teams in my fucking life as I saw the Eagles put on. How sad is it that you replace your punt returner because he keeps trying to catch the ball with 16 Packers around him, only to have his replacement do the SAME SHIT and lose them them game because of it. Also, Mike McCarthy, LEARN2RUNPLZKTHX. You drafted a fucking running back in the first round, USE HIM YOU ASSHOLE. Brandon Jackson should have had twice as many carries, because that would have been half as many times that Brett Favre would have had someone in his face forcing him to throw the ball as if he was blindfolded. Seriously, Favre is uncoachable at this point in his career. He will not throw the ball out of bounds when pressured. STOP MAKING HIM THROW 40 TIMES A GAME. Brett needs to be on a 30 attempts/per game leash unless you are down by two touchdowns. Your O-Line cannot pass protect worth a shit, and your rookie backs are worse than that. I swear, I had three conniptions watching that game.

El Gallo
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: September 10, 2007, 08:18:06 AM

Well, my boys played like fucking ass except my tight end (Witten).  My #1 RB and K played on teams scoring a total of 72 points and still got me only 18 total.  WTF.  Against a mere mortal, a big showing by my Monday night trio of Leinhart, Fitzgerald and McGehee might eek out a win, but Slay layed down a 131 point smackdown.  I don't think they'll come up with the 75 points I need  cry

In better news, it was nice to annihilate the Browns.

This post makes me want to squeeze into my badass red jeans.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #72 on: September 10, 2007, 10:42:50 AM

Ocho Cinco + Todd Heap + Edge + Rackers + Baltimore D to go.  I think I'll get the 40 points I need to pull this one off, but who knows, stranger things have happened.  I have a feeling that Andre Johnson is going to be gold all season.  And never, ever doubt the ability of LT to get all of his fantasy points in one way or another:  76 rush/rec yards, 5 catches, 1 rushing TD, 1 passing TD, 17 passing yards.   :-D  It looks like my Betts gamble isn't going to pay off (Portis looks good) and my bench didn't do a whole lot this week.   undecided

The end of that Denver game was amazing.  That's probably the best special teams play I've ever seen.  Maybe Elam needs to start kicking all of his field goals like that.

-Rasix
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #73 on: September 10, 2007, 11:06:21 AM

I think Randy Moss just won me my first round matchup... (157y 1TD, early third quarter)

Beyond that, I am officialy pissed off at whatever Fox network buffoon has decided we would rather watch Oakland play Detroit, instead of Chicago vs SD. Seriously, what the fuck?

Anyone know why Fox didn't even air a 1pm game in New York and opted for a "Fall Season Preview" bullshit? Terry and Howie even talked about a doubleheader but I didn't get no doubleheader. The Eagles v Packers game would have made sense, even if it would have been painful for me to watch.

I have never played WoW.
cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: September 10, 2007, 11:56:03 AM

If anyone is interested in Eli after his decent showing in week one (he outscored Peyton!), I desperately need a #2 RB. The gamble on Cadillac definitely didn't pay off.

Oh yeah, and Rasix totally smoked me this game.

f13 Street Cred of the week:
I can't promise anything other than trauma and tragedy. -- schild
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: September 10, 2007, 12:06:17 PM

The gamble on Cadillac definitely didn't pay off.

I'm an actually Bucs fan and I wouldn't have taken that gamble ;)

Stupid Tao is gonna beat me, even though I forcast his J-E-T-S negative points.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: September 10, 2007, 12:08:12 PM

The team released after the game that he wasn't wearing the pads he was supposed to be wearing on his ribs!

I think he'll be better later in the season, but I picked up Jason Ward off the waiver wire. He looked pretty darn good against Dallas and he'll definitely get a ton of carries to hopefully open up Eli's passing game.

Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #77 on: September 10, 2007, 05:19:01 PM

Thank you Tony Romo, my faith was not in vain  [fontsize=10]at least this week[/font] but damn that dallas secondary had me screaming at the tv.  It's gonna be another long heart attack season if they can't cover the deep pass better then that.

My rookie RB duo of Lynch and Peterson seems to have paid off so far as they combined for about 40 points.  Good thing since the only thing Steven Jackson did was fumble the damn ball.  In other news as excepted my WR core is shit.  With haem and 3 guys points unaccounted for it should be close but hopefully I can pull this out and not regret picking up a kicker.... yeah I'll get one sometime :p
taolurker
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: September 10, 2007, 06:21:26 PM

Actually, I think that my prediction was waaay closer to the way it should have been, if New England wasn't cheating.

I also could've easily destroyed if I had put Delhomme (with his bad shoulder) in for 25pts, instead of the Madden curse candidate Young for 9pts.

I used to write for extinct gaming sites
details available here (unused blog about page)
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: September 10, 2007, 06:28:55 PM

Actually, I think that my prediction was waaay closer to the way it should have been, if New England wasn't cheating.

I also could've easily destroyed if I had put Delhomme (with his bad shoulder) in for 25pts, instead of the Madden curse candidate Young for 9pts.

Yeah, well, if I had played DeShaun Foster I would have had 3.10 more points!

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
taolurker
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: September 10, 2007, 06:35:29 PM

and still would've lost by 19 or so points.

I used to write for extinct gaming sites
details available here (unused blog about page)
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #81 on: September 10, 2007, 07:23:20 PM

Nothing gets by you.

Rasix

Reply #82 on: September 16, 2007, 12:23:56 PM

Kneel before my WR tandem.

-Rasix
cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #83 on: September 16, 2007, 12:24:51 PM

Why did I sit Cadillac Williams? Oh yeah, thats because I thought NO was worth a damn.

On the other hand, go BUCS!

murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: September 16, 2007, 07:56:03 PM

On the other hand, go BUCS!

DAMMIT, I was out of town all day and actually missed them winning a game, and winning big.

cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: September 16, 2007, 08:03:51 PM

Not having live update blows. I really think I might shell out the $9.99, but I hate the moneyhattery.

Rasix

Reply #86 on: September 16, 2007, 08:14:13 PM

I bought StatTracker.  It's a necessity unfortunately.

-Rasix
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #87 on: September 17, 2007, 08:30:49 AM

Lol, I improved by over 20 pts from last week, and I'm currently winning. I just need Washington to score over 35 points against Philly tonight to hold on...

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #88 on: September 17, 2007, 08:59:04 AM

Anybody want Drew Brees? FUCKING FUCKITY FUCK FUCK. That asshead is killing me in both leagues. Not that Philip Rivers would have helped me any this week. I knew Favre against that SHITTY SHIT SHIT SHIT Giants D would get big points. Man, the Giants suck it this year, as I knew they would.

Also, the Rams suck. I just thought I'd add that because I like it when the Rams suck.

El Gallo
Terracotta Army

Reply #89 on: September 17, 2007, 08:57:58 PM

In the first two weeks, my team has proven that it can get 82 points lose, and 135 points and lose.  I am well on my way to 0-12!  I demand a recount on Carson Palmer's score.  There's no way it can be legal to lose to the Browns and still get 48 points.

This post makes me want to squeeze into my badass red jeans.
cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #90 on: September 18, 2007, 04:12:35 AM

My kicker has a whopping four points over two weeks. That's not so bad compared to Reggie Brown, who is the BIGGEST FLOP EVER with 3.6 points over two weeks as the #1 option in Philly.

Awesome.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #91 on: September 18, 2007, 08:20:55 AM

There is no #1 option in Philly. You should know that by now. Westbrook is the #1 option for receptions. Avant is a better choice than Reggie Brown.

cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #92 on: September 18, 2007, 10:44:05 AM

Brown was open for a TD last night, but McNabb missed him way high.

murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #93 on: September 18, 2007, 10:46:29 AM

My team in this league is TERRIBLE. I'll be at the bottom of the standings all year. Palmer is going to keep me competitive in the other F13 league however, since he'll be throwing like a madman to try and keep up with the scoring that will occur against that terrible Bengals D.

Rasix

Reply #94 on: September 18, 2007, 10:55:32 AM

Luckily McNabb's points have just been window dressing for me.  Without Andre Johnson is my team is looking a bit shakey, as the Ladell Betts experiment isn't panning out very well.  LT is looking awful this year so far and it won't get better against the Pack.

Good time for a major injury going up against the only person that scored more points than me last week.

Bleh, in both leagues I may end up being served by benching my starting QBs and putting in Shaubinator and the lesser Manning.  McNabb's skills seem to be on a down swing.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2007, 10:59:59 AM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #95 on: September 18, 2007, 11:13:21 AM

I'm plenty satisfied with my QB situation.  It's RB that concerns me.  My record at this point is nothing more than dumb luck. 
« Last Edit: September 18, 2007, 11:24:09 AM by Nebu »

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #96 on: September 18, 2007, 03:38:24 PM

Lol, I improved by over 20 pts from last week, and I'm currently winning. I just need Washington to score over 35 points against Philly tonight to hold on...

How did that work out for you ;)

Just glad Washington missed on their last scoring opportunities.  And since we are talking about teams without a #1 receiver I can't believe Braylon Edwards was my highest scorer this week with 30, thank you Derek Anderson. 
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #97 on: September 19, 2007, 08:46:24 AM

Yea, that was a screwed up week. Losing because Cinci decided to let the fucking Browns score 300 points kind of sucks, but that's how it goes.

The most annoying thing, is that every other matchup this week in this league was a blow out, and I have to lose on Monday night by 3 points.

Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #98 on: September 23, 2007, 06:59:13 PM

Ok, that's awesome. I have more points right now than both participants in the Murdoc vs Kilt game combined. Negative points for a QB!?!

murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #99 on: September 24, 2007, 07:13:18 AM

I should have stuck with one F13 team, since this one is an epic fail.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #100 on: September 24, 2007, 09:06:32 AM

Ok, that's awesome. I have more points right now than both participants in the Murdoc vs Kilt game combined. Negative points for a QB!?!

Yeah, I saw that. What the fuck is wrong with the goddamn Rams? Jackson gets 100 yards rushing and yet Bulger lays an egg like that? It's like the Rams have completely forgotten how to play in all phases of the game. I don't even need Brees's points in this league. I even voted for Murdoc to beat me silly, but again, who knew?

Shit, for that matter, who expected Boldin to get a 37 point week against BALTIMORE? If I would have thought I'd have to rely on his points this week, I would have sworn I'd be fucked. Yesterday was just about the weirdest Sunday in football I've ever seen.

WayAbvPar

Reply #101 on: September 24, 2007, 10:23:33 AM

The Rams at 0-3 is definitely among the highlights for me this season. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #102 on: September 24, 2007, 11:51:25 AM

I benched Westbrook and McNabb in my other league this week due to their lackluster weeks 1 & 2.  i r smrt

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Rasix

Reply #103 on: September 24, 2007, 11:59:52 AM

I'm going to lose this week unless someone murders Deuce prior to the game. Betts is a lost cause (oh well) and Andre's injury didn't help me much.  LT continues to be a big disappointment.  I really need to get a better flex player. My bench is WEAK.

-Rasix
WayAbvPar

Reply #104 on: September 24, 2007, 12:23:19 PM

I benched Westbrook and McNabb in my other league this week due to their lackluster weeks 1 & 2.  i r smrt

Ouch. Westbrook should play every week. McNabb got lucky against a highly questionable defense. Sell high now and get some value from him before he inevitably snaps something.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Secondary Bat Country FF league.  
Jump to: