Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:20:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Secondary Bat Country FF league. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Secondary Bat Country FF league.  (Read 79679 times)
El Gallo
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: August 30, 2007, 04:46:46 PM

Wuwu, I'll be sure to make you regret this  In love

This post makes me want to squeeze into my badass red jeans.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: August 31, 2007, 11:48:30 AM

Now, opinions on removing the second RB or are we good?

Keep the 2nd RB.  With all the teams using RB's in a committee it shouldn't be an issue.  It will also keep the waiver wire active and force a few people to handcuff their draft. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #37 on: August 31, 2007, 01:48:31 PM

Need one more person to join before Sunday.  First come, first served.

-Rasix
Rasix

Reply #38 on: September 01, 2007, 09:01:23 AM

Still need someone to add or someone to drop off.  I'm not going into this draft with an odd number of people.  Get this done before Sunday or I take measures into my own hands.   Shaking fist

-Rasix
taolurker
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: September 02, 2007, 11:33:46 AM

Muaahaha I lurked my way into this laegue the exact moment I had doubts about the Morlocks one, and missed the Grimwell one.

The lurkers is ready to dominate... lol

I used to write for extinct gaming sites
details available here (unused blog about page)
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: September 02, 2007, 11:40:29 AM

Looks like you also landed the 3 pick.  Good luck this seasoin (and be nice to me!)

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Rasix

Reply #41 on: September 02, 2007, 11:50:52 AM

First pick in this league and last pick in the other.   tongue

-Rasix
cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: September 03, 2007, 04:14:11 AM

I thought I came out really well in the draft, but then I saw Rasix's squad. I don't feel so peachy anymore.

f13 Street Cred of the week:
I can't promise anything other than trauma and tragedy. -- schild
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #43 on: September 03, 2007, 11:20:37 AM

I actually ended up with an interesting team considering it was all autodrafted. I can't complain about getting Larry Johnson 6th, training camp or not. Not too sure about Moss this year, but you never know. I also like that I got Hasselback in the 6th round. Not sure why the AI waited 6 rounds to draft a QB, but I'm fine with getting a guy on one of teams I regularly watch (we get Seattle's local channels).

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: September 03, 2007, 11:32:08 AM

If anyone isn't too happy with his/her defense and wants to offload a #2 WR, hit me up :)

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: September 03, 2007, 12:02:52 PM

My draft was a disaster.  I made some serious mistakes and will be lucky to finish in the top 10.  I'll have to see what I can scavenge from the waiver wire this year.

-  Mark Twain
WayAbvPar

Reply #46 on: September 04, 2007, 11:12:57 AM

I totally spaced the draft. Luckily I had pre-ranked 150 players, so my team isn't a total disaster. Pretty sure I could have done a lot better live, however.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
El Gallo
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: September 05, 2007, 03:37:04 PM

I am pretty happy with my draft.  Parker and McGehee are a better RB tandem than I though I'd get picking at 11 and 14.  Of course, Willis will get hurt soon.

I like the shorter benches, makes a lot easier on autodrafters to fix up their reserves and makes the waiver wire more important.

Butkicking for goodness!

This post makes me want to squeeze into my badass red jeans.
cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: September 05, 2007, 04:48:15 PM

Hehe. I picked up a few other guys off the waiver wire, but I am interested to see how much of a sleeper Cadillac Williams will be. If Jeff Garcia can do a little something for the Buccaneers, Williams will be a force.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #49 on: September 06, 2007, 07:30:41 AM

My RB's don't thrill me, but I think my wideout tandem of Wayne and Boldin, combined with Brees as my QB will be enough to see me in contention. Maybe Chunk will pick it up for the Titans and actually become a viable RB.

Nah.

taolurker
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: September 06, 2007, 08:26:38 AM

Other than having the Madden curse candidate as my Quarterback, I'll also reasonably happy with the team I have, and it should at least be interesting matchups against my team (and not total blowouts).

Good Luck to everyone, and remember the first game this week is Thursday (TONIGHT), so make sure to do any moves, trades or shopping of the waivers before tonight because it may not allow them to go through after the games start. There might be a team that dosen't field a kicker week 1 if someone doesn't (Drunks on Grass?) .

murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: September 06, 2007, 10:45:23 AM

I like the shorter benches, makes a lot easier on autodrafters to fix up their reserves and makes the waiver wire more important.

I really like the shorter benches. I run a league with some buddies for $$ that uses QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, W/R, TE, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN and the shorter bench makes the waiver wire a viable option for bye weeks and seems to increase the amount of trades that occur.

FINALLY FOOTBALL SEASON STARTS TONIGHT WOOOOOO

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Rasix

Reply #52 on: September 06, 2007, 11:57:39 AM

Depending on what happens in Washington, my team could go from good to face-melting awesomeness.  Betts produced when he was starting in Washington last year, which is more than dog fighting enthusiast Portis and his gimpy shoulder can claim.

My starting WRs are money. My running back tandem is solid as long as James doesn't slide further. Donovan hopefully stays healthy.  And somehow I still managed to snag Baltimore's D and Heap.   I will hurt people this season unless I really get bit hard by the injury bug.

I like my team a lot better than my primary FF league team.  Which likely means that this one will suck horribly and I'll win that league.  tongue

-Rasix
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: September 06, 2007, 12:03:35 PM

Not that my opinion carries much weight, but I think you had the best draft.  If McNabb stays healthy and Portis goes down early, you're going to be a monster.  The only thing I see holding you back is the injury bug. 

-  Mark Twain
cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: September 06, 2007, 01:05:46 PM

Hey wait! Portis isn't going down early! ><

Rasix, I think you're going to smoke me in week one unless LT has a falling off against Chi-town.

Rasix

Reply #55 on: September 06, 2007, 05:42:19 PM

I'm afraid of this Colts/Saints game.

LOL Addai just got creamed. 

-Rasix
taolurker
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: September 06, 2007, 06:27:47 PM

LOL Addai just got creamed. 

And OMG did my heart stop (because I took him as the third pick in this league).

However, he's back in and rushing up a storm.

So far Marvin Harrison scoring one TD already has me liking my fantasy team.

GO COLTS.  =D

cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: September 06, 2007, 06:34:22 PM

Mare almost hit that 52 yarder. I would've felt a lot better about keeping him had that happened. :)

Manning way overthrew that receiver -- if he hit him, he was gone for a huge score.

Rasix

Reply #58 on: September 06, 2007, 08:07:48 PM

OK. Peyton can cut this out any second now.   Shaking fist That's some awesome corner play there, Jason David.

Edit: LOL @ Drew Brees.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 08:32:49 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: September 06, 2007, 08:31:58 PM

<3 <3 <3. He almost got 30! :D

Edit: In response to Rasix: QB: Drew Brees (NO - QB) @Ind    L, 41-10    14.79    3.53  Ouch.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2007, 04:20:21 AM by cmlancas »

murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: September 07, 2007, 06:43:13 AM

Ouch, Tao has both Joseph Addai and Marvin Harrison so he's already out to a 30+ point lead with only one game played. Luckily the rest of his team doesn't have the best matchups this week.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #61 on: September 07, 2007, 09:16:31 AM

Fuck me, but did Drew Brees smoke the big fat pole last night. According to Madden, it was because of the Cover 2 but I'm not convinced. I think that Payton forgot the running game too early, just like in the NFC Championship last year. Or more precisely, he got too goddamn cute with the running game too soon. He ran WAY too many draws on 3rd down, and eventually, the Colts' DE's just gobbled it up. They need to teach Bush to do some traditional type of runs, AND give Deuce more pounding runs up the middle and off the end. Payton's just trying to be way too cute with the run game.

If it hadn't been for Reggie Wayne, I'd already be sucking hind tit. I told you that motherfucker was money. Addai is going to be a fucking fantasy monster this year, so long as he doesn't get hurt. And the Colts just might well win the whole damn thing again this year. I certainly picked up the Colts' D as a backup.

Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #62 on: September 07, 2007, 10:39:49 AM

Woot, after the head to head battle of NO running backs, I'm winning by one point!!

cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: September 07, 2007, 01:43:20 PM

I was disappointed too in the poor showing with the Saints -- I thought Mare was a steal considering that NO scored a shitton of points last year.

Shows what I know.

murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: September 07, 2007, 02:03:21 PM

i wouldn't give up on NO quite yet. Brees had a couple of meh games last year that got me pretty much zero points. If the Bucs dominate them next week, then you can count the Saints out ;)

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: September 07, 2007, 02:06:11 PM

I'd give up on NO if I were you. 

Oh, I'll be happy to trade for Brees btw  evil

-  Mark Twain
cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: September 07, 2007, 04:26:32 PM

I'm in the market for a #2 RB/WR if anyone is interested :D C'mon, I have Eli Manning! Who knows how many INTs he can throw? Maybe you can get negative points from your #1 QB this year!

Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #67 on: September 09, 2007, 11:55:04 AM

I think Randy Moss just won me my first round matchup... (157y 1TD, early third quarter)

Beyond that, I am officialy pissed off at whatever Fox network buffoon has decided we would rather watch Oakland play Detroit, instead of Chicago vs SD. Seriously, what the fuck?

taolurker
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: September 09, 2007, 01:01:06 PM

All I know is that the Jets D didn't even show up today, even though Coles is still money as a WR. Probably didn't help that I cursed their Defense thinking they were gonna eat the Pats O-line for lunch.  Even worse is that Chad Pennington may be hurt, but he wasn't on my fantasy team. Looks like another bad year for the NY JETS.  cry  undecided

Even with the negative pts from my Defense, I'm still gonna crush Murdoc's team though.

cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: September 09, 2007, 02:13:22 PM

Looks like Chi-Town might have LT's number. That definitely helps things quite a bit.

How in the hell does my #2 WR get 0 points today? ><

Edit: LT rushed for 25 yards and threw for one TD and scored one. He earned 25 points. Boggle ><
« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 07:05:39 PM by cmlancas »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Secondary Bat Country FF league.  
Jump to: