Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:43:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Game Design/Development  |  Topic: The Game: Round 4 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Game: Round 4  (Read 2581 times)
koboshi
Contributor

Camping is a legitimate strategy.

on: August 13, 2007, 04:00:04 PM

Sorry for the late starts last week and today but I was out of town and at the mercy of the local cyber cafes.

Welcome to Round Four, this round is about world design. In this round the object is to design the world of the game this means that you could focus on designing specific puzzles, illustrating the rooms and their layouts, or you could layout temporal paths and the where/when linchpins appear. You should know by now what the rules are, but there are a few changes this round. 

1) Since I started the round late and since it seems people are taking more and more time to answer I'm changing the due date for this round to midnight Sunday, not Wednesday as usual. This also means that voting will start at the beginning of next week.  I’m leaving the subs open till Sunday because no one is going to vote on the weekend anyway.

2) This level cries out for images, and since I don't want to see ASCII-art level design, this round's size restriction will be either, one page of text, half a page of text and 1 image, or 3 Images. In either case when using an image, keep the image size rational and the content organized and contiguous.

-We must teach them Max!
Hey, where do you keep that gun?
-None of your damn business, Sam.
-Shall we dance?
-Lets!
koboshi
Contributor

Camping is a legitimate strategy.

Reply #1 on: August 19, 2007, 01:28:52 PM

Cyclotron, Facility's Borders, Underground Power Facilities & Distribution Tunnels.

Left to right: Underground parking facilities, Target building, Labs & Offices

Underground Power Facilities & Distribution Tunnels
« Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 02:28:37 PM by koboshi »

-We must teach them Max!
Hey, where do you keep that gun?
-None of your damn business, Sam.
-Shall we dance?
-Lets!
cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: August 19, 2007, 02:31:26 PM

Can you actually use a cyclotron? I thought Master Blaster copyrighted that. I could be wrong though.

Cool map idea :)

f13 Street Cred of the week:
I can't promise anything other than trauma and tragedy. -- schild
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Game Design/Development  |  Topic: The Game: Round 4  
Jump to: