Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 03:54:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: Where's the advancing story arc? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Where's the advancing story arc?  (Read 12282 times)
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: September 11, 2007, 07:40:25 AM

Thanks for the link. Good insights into Housing. While I lament the lack of the one thing that would make LoTRO truly unique amongst modern MMOs, that they are still committed to building out the world aspects is very impressive, something I'm sure the fans cannot wait to have.

I was disappointed they didn't flesh out the Golem intro though. To me, the question of whether this advances the storyline hinges on where Golem is located within the game world when patched. Has he been released from Mordor and is chasing the Fellowship? Has he not been captured yet? The only hint I can draw is that he is outside Rivendell somewhere because while they talk about introducing Golem they haven't (anywhere I've seen anyway) mentioned the Fellowship departing for the East yet. Like, if they said "Golem is introduced in Mordor", well, that tells us quite a bit.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: September 11, 2007, 08:14:01 AM

Thanks for the link. Good insights into Housing. While I lament the lack of the one thing that would make LoTRO truly unique amongst modern MMOs, that they are still committed to building out the world aspects is very impressive, something I'm sure the fans cannot wait to have.

I was disappointed they didn't flesh out the Golem intro though. To me, the question of whether this advances the storyline hinges on where Golem is located within the game world when patched. Has he been released from Mordor and is chasing the Fellowship? Has he not been captured yet? The only hint I can draw is that he is outside Rivendell somewhere because while they talk about introducing Golem they haven't (anywhere I've seen anyway) mentioned the Fellowship departing for the East yet. Like, if they said "Golem is introduced in Mordor", well, that tells us quite a bit.

Yeah, i just assumed that with the addition of golem, the story would advance. Then again, they could simply just "Advance" the story, depending on where YOU are in your progression.

I dunno.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Xuri
Terracotta Army

몇살이세욬ㅋ 몇살이 몇살 몇살이세욬ㅋ!!!!!1!

Reply #37 on: September 15, 2007, 08:09:03 AM

"Golem"? Have they introduced a new character to the plot, or something?

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: September 15, 2007, 11:44:58 AM

I suppose you don't like when people say Wookie or Shadow Lab[s too? ;)
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: Where's the advancing story arc?  
Jump to: