Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 03:19:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: *Official* 2007 College Football Thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: *Official* 2007 College Football Thread  (Read 193042 times)
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

on: August 07, 2007, 08:09:35 AM

College Football has officially begun!

Talk about it here.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2007, 09:36:00 PM by SnakeCharmer »
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007, 08:11:04 AM

Roooooooll Tide.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: August 07, 2007, 08:15:55 AM

Roooooooll Tide.

We've actually got a fairly sizable fan base here...

Me, You, CmdrSlck, a couple other guys.  Dunno if Raph is a fan or follows the team; he received is Masters from UA.
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #3 on: August 07, 2007, 09:15:38 AM

I'm excited for this season, largely because I'm hoping that JPW will finally get his shit under control and become consistently good. It was nice to see us passing a lot last year, but fewer "whoopsie" moments and more accuracy would have been nice.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
WayAbvPar

Reply #4 on: August 07, 2007, 09:53:04 AM

My team is rebuilding after at least a decade of futility. Should be their best team in several years, but they have THE toughest schedule in the country. To wit-

08/31/07    at Syracuse TV    Syracuse, N.Y.    5:00 p.m. PT
09/08/07    vs. Boise State TV    Seattle, Wash.    12:30 p.m. PT
09/15/07    vs. Ohio State TV    Seattle, Wash.    12:30 p.m. PT
09/22/07    at UCLA *    Los Angeles, Calif.    TBA
09/29/07    vs. USC * TV    Seattle, Wash.    5:00 p.m. PT
10/13/07    at Arizona State *    Tempe, Ariz.    TBA
10/20/07    vs. Oregon *    Seattle, Wash.    TBA
10/27/07    vs. Arizona * TV    Seattle, Wash.    12:00 p.m. PT
11/03/07    at Stanford *    Stanford, Calif.    TBA
11/10/07    at Oregon State * TV    Corvallis, Ore.    7:15 p.m. PT
11/17/07    vs. California *    Seattle, Wash.    TBA
11/24/07    vs. Washington State *    Seattle, Wash.    TBA
12/01/07    at Hawai'i TV    Honolulu, Hawai'i    TBA

6-6 would be yeoman's work IMO. If they make a bowl game it will be a huge success.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: August 07, 2007, 09:57:13 AM

I'm excited for this season, largely because I'm hoping that JPW will finally get his shit under control and become consistently good. It was nice to see us passing a lot last year, but fewer "whoopsie" moments and more accuracy would have been nice.

He didnt have a bad season last year.  2700ish yards IIRC. 

JPW's troubles last year didn't stem from his talent or accuracy.  It's stemmed from the craptastic offense ShulaRader had in place. 

My team is rebuilding after at least a decade of futility. Should be their best team in several years, but they have THE toughest schedule in the country. To wit-

6-6 would be yeoman's work IMO. If they make a bowl game it will be a huge success.

Who you pulling for?
WayAbvPar

Reply #6 on: August 07, 2007, 10:00:20 AM

JPW's troubles last year didn't stem from his talent or accuracy.  It's stemmed from the craptastic offense ShulaRader had in place. 

Who you pulling for?

Check bold  :-D

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #7 on: August 07, 2007, 10:10:25 AM

I have another disappointing year ahead of me as a University of Arizona fan.  I got season tickets this year after getting them last year and really enjoying the experience.  Watching your lousy team underachieve is a lot more fun when it's live and with friends.

We're planning on starting the same QB as last year, even though he got knocked out of a game at least 3 times last year with a concussion (may have been 4).  A strong breeze hits this kid in the forehead, and he's seeing stars.  Here's where Landry pasted him in the LSU game.  That hit screwed him up for the entire year. 

We may end up with a decent record this year, we have a weak non-conference schedule.

-Rasix
sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: August 07, 2007, 10:12:36 AM

Even though I follow more EPL and MLS, my icon shows the heritage. I will watch  every game the Tide play and cheer them on to victory.

Snake, you're from Mobile. You think Saban has a serious chance of getting Julio Jones from Foley?

Prothro is officially  off the roster. That's sad, but expected.

Imagine him as a Senior and the freak of humanity that is Julius Jones as a freshman  wide out  with a Solid  O line?

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #9 on: August 07, 2007, 10:33:47 AM

Go Wolverines.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #10 on: August 07, 2007, 10:58:17 AM

My Georgia Bulldogs will start off the year against Oklahoma State in a night game. Then, we take on South Carolina against the old ball coach at night the next week. These two weeks of night games and long tailgating days promise to be trouble for the fans and/or property at large.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: August 07, 2007, 10:59:05 AM

Thumbs up!

When Fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross - Sinclair Lewis.

I can tell more than 1 fucktard at a time to stfu, have no fears. - WayAbvPar

We all have the God-given right to go to hell our own way.  Don't fuck with God's plan. - MahrinSkel
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #12 on: August 07, 2007, 11:00:28 AM

Not bad, but he also dropped plenty of snaps, muffed passes, etc. The "whoopsie" moments. I hope he's matured a bit, otherwise I'll have to break out a new set of profanity for this season.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #13 on: August 07, 2007, 11:45:03 AM

Dunno if Raph is a fan or follows the team; he received is Masters from UA.

Who can say?  I went to Auburn for two years.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: August 07, 2007, 01:28:41 PM

Even though I follow more EPL and MLS, my icon shows the heritage. I will watch  every game the Tide play and cheer them on to victory.

Snake, you're from Mobile. You think Saban has a serious chance of getting Julio Jones from Foley?

I imagine Alabama has about as much chance as getting him as anyone else right now. 

Prothro is officially  off the roster. That's sad, but expected.

Yeah, it is.  He was a constant highlight reel.  A phenomenal athlete with an immense desire to succeed.  Good guy, too, from what I hear.

Imagine him as a Senior and the freak of humanity that is Julius Jones as a freshman  wide out  with a Solid  O line?

*IF* Bama gets him.  We'll see.
Raging Turtle
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: August 07, 2007, 01:56:57 PM

Woooo!

By the way, the third entry on a GIS for Badger is pretty disturbing
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: August 07, 2007, 01:58:27 PM

Nice to see some fellow Big 10 fans.  I have to stick with the team I played for, no matter how painful.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: August 07, 2007, 02:40:20 PM

Nice to see some fellow Big 10 fans.  I have to stick with the team I played for, no matter how painful.

Gophers haven't been that bad past few years. What's your opinion of Mason?

When Fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross - Sinclair Lewis.

We all have the God-given right to go to hell our own way.  Don't fuck with God's plan. - MahrinSkel
WayAbvPar

Reply #18 on: August 07, 2007, 02:47:59 PM

Isn't that a chipmunk?

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: August 07, 2007, 02:48:35 PM

I don't think that Brewster is going to live up to his own hype.  He seems to be a great salesman (and dare I say... a politician?), but getting talent to come and play in whitebread Minnesota is a stretch at best.  The change to a spread offense is also going to be an interesting experiment against the more talented teams that Minnesota faces in the Big 10.  I think that this season will be pretty underwhelming and we'll see how long they are willing to let Brewster rebuild to satisfy his wholesale changes.  

As for defense, given the collapse against Texas Tech in the Insight Bowl (wasn't it like 31 points in 23 minutes?) I've almost considered asking for my jersey back.  At my age, that's a sad statement.  I do think that Minnesota does have a pretty soft schedule by Big 10 standards this year with 7 home games (instead of 6 like last year), games against 2 MAC teams, and they dropped Penn State and Mich State for games against Northwestern and Illinois.  If I remember correctly, they also close out against Wisconsin and Iowa which could help them down the stretch... we'll have to see. 

I hope that's what you were after.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 02:54:49 PM by Nebu »

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: August 07, 2007, 02:50:50 PM

-  Mark Twain
WayAbvPar

Reply #21 on: August 07, 2007, 02:53:57 PM

Well at least I was right about it not being a gopher!  :-D

Google says this is a chipmunk-

You can understand my confusion. And no, it is not just due to my rapidly advancing age.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: August 07, 2007, 02:55:39 PM

Read my link before you make me cry...

Thirteen stripes run from the nape of the neck to the base of the tail of this squirrel (often called the "striped gopher").

-  Mark Twain
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: August 07, 2007, 03:46:15 PM

Badgers and chipmunks?  Nothing compared to the fearsome purple cow.

Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: August 07, 2007, 03:54:21 PM

I don't think that Brewster is going to live up to his own hype.  He seems to be a great salesman (and dare I say... a politician?), but getting talent to come and play in whitebread Minnesota is a stretch at best.  The change to a spread offense is also going to be an interesting experiment against the more talented teams that Minnesota faces in the Big 10.  I think that this season will be pretty underwhelming and we'll see how long they are willing to let Brewster rebuild to satisfy his wholesale changes.  

As for defense, given the collapse against Texas Tech in the Insight Bowl (wasn't it like 31 points in 23 minutes?) I've almost considered asking for my jersey back.  At my age, that's a sad statement.  I do think that Minnesota does have a pretty soft schedule by Big 10 standards this year with 7 home games (instead of 6 like last year), games against 2 MAC teams, and they dropped Penn State and Mich State for games against Northwestern and Illinois.  If I remember correctly, they also close out against Wisconsin and Iowa which could help them down the stretch... we'll have to see. 

I hope that's what you were after.

Yeah, and color me retarded for forgetting Mason got fired.

Minny's offense was definitely not the problem, least back when you guys had Maroney and Barber, so  I don't get the whole spread thing. Then again, I'm not a big fan of the spread itself. It seems like coaches adopt it more because it's a pain in the ass to defend than because of its effectiveness.

(And yeah I'm aware OSU ran out of the spread more often than not, but I think that was more taking advantage of 5 receivers that could run 4.3 and an offensive line that couldn't drive block my mother rather than an offensive philosophy)

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #25 on: August 07, 2007, 07:48:50 PM

GO UTES!!!

What's a Ute?

And Rasix, if your boys can beat BYU in the opener, I will be a Wildcats fan for the rest of the year.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: August 08, 2007, 05:32:57 AM

Go Bucks!

Great year for Ohio sports fans coming second in College football, College basketball, and the NBA.

I'm honestly not sure if I'm being sarcastic in saying that...
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: August 08, 2007, 07:09:51 AM

Go Bucks!

Great year for Ohio sports fans coming second in College football, College basketball, and the NBA.

It's only sarcastic if you're a Gator.  wink

Over and out.
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: August 08, 2007, 09:10:16 AM

Go Bucks!

It's only sarcastic if you're a Gator.  wink

ZING!
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #29 on: August 08, 2007, 02:42:34 PM

My keyboard would die before I finished typing the number of swear words I could dedicate in the general direction of that fucking school...

I'm still not over that national championship and I only was able to stand for the first quarter and a half I got myself so drunk in such a hurry as a defense mechanism.

Anyways, I'm excited for the college football season but less so then usual, something about having no idea who the starting QB is always does that to me.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #30 on: August 08, 2007, 03:39:19 PM

My keyboard would die before I finished typing the number of swear words I could dedicate in the general direction of that fucking school...

I'm still not over that national championship and I only was able to stand for the first quarter and a half I got myself so drunk in such a hurry as a defense mechanism.

Anyways, I'm excited for the college football season but less so then usual, something about having no idea who the starting QB is always does that to me.

Losing a National Championship is bad, but you'll still come up a few swear words short of any Georgia fan when it comes to Florida.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
hal
Terracotta Army

Damn kids, get off my lawn!

Reply #31 on: August 08, 2007, 06:15:30 PM

Sigh, the buckeye. An uneatable nut. Any self respecting squirrel will jump over a pile of buckeyes to get to an acorn. Anyway GO STATE!!!

I started with nothing, and I still have most of it

I'm not a complete idiot... Some parts are still on backorder.
WayAbvPar

Reply #32 on: August 08, 2007, 06:46:53 PM

Heh. I tried that one a couple of years ago when the Seahawks went to the Super Bowl. My last clear memory is watching the game through the window (the keg was outside) and screaming obscenities about the colorful refereeing. Must have been about half time  :-D

Falwell
Terracotta Army

Ghetto Gear Solid: Raiden

Reply #33 on: August 09, 2007, 12:26:32 AM

My alma mater might have a rough year without Quinn, but we'll see how she goes.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: August 09, 2007, 02:08:49 AM

I can no longer look at ND since they stole my coach away from me.  If you look at Minnesota history, you'll know what I'm referring to. 

-  Mark Twain
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 25 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: *Official* 2007 College Football Thread  
Jump to: