Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:00:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Bat Country notes 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bat Country notes  (Read 148521 times)
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #140 on: December 14, 2007, 07:51:47 AM

Does anyone here play actively? If so, which server are you on? I've come back to EQ2 with a necro and a coercer.

I play a Coercer on Oasis about once per week for a couple hours. However, that is probably not as active as you meant.

"Life is no cabaret... we're inviting you anyway." ~Amanda Palmer
"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
"Les vrais paradis sont les paradis qu'on a perdus." ~Marcel Proust
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #141 on: December 14, 2007, 07:55:33 AM

I am playing actively on Oasis, but not in Bat Country.

"Me am play gods"
ArtificialKid
Terracotta Army

Reply #142 on: December 14, 2007, 08:02:17 AM

I'm on Oasis, actually in Bat Country.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #143 on: December 14, 2007, 08:27:09 AM

I'm on Oasis, in Bat Country, almost as active as Soukyan and I canceled as of the 22nd but might extend if there's new stuff or some more cool drama or something. 

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #144 on: December 14, 2007, 08:42:57 AM

I am in a good family guild on Perma. If you are 70+ and looking for a home, PM me. We raided KoS and it looks like we might skip EoF raids for the most part.

I have never played WoW.
DarkSign
Terracotta Army

Reply #145 on: December 14, 2007, 01:14:07 PM

I have 2 characters on Oasis
  • Runinfear, Gnome Necro Level 8
  • Foenhardt, Woodelf Shaman Level 1

and

3 on Nafagen (PvP server)
  • Malevilor, Erudite Coercer Level 8
  • Weilyn, Human Monk Level 7
  • Sikaarsk, Iksar Shadowknight Level 7

Anyone is welcome to message me anytime. I'll be trying to find people on Oasis, but I love pvp so I might just hang on Nafagen.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #146 on: December 15, 2007, 08:07:45 AM

I made a fruitcake.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #147 on: December 15, 2007, 11:10:34 AM

I made a fruitcake.

You know people will just re-wrap it and give it to someone else.  They'll do this for years.  No one will actually eat it.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #148 on: December 15, 2007, 11:41:02 AM

I think it's for throwing at people.  awesome, for real
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #149 on: December 18, 2007, 01:09:36 PM

Hit up Sinking Sands for the first time last night. Seems aimed a bit higher than I am at level 44 (like I can't harvest until 46, carpet vendor ignores me, etc).

Any caveats to look out for? Anything I should do in certain orders or be sure not to miss?
Kirth
Terracotta Army

Reply #150 on: December 18, 2007, 05:31:07 PM

Hit up Sinking Sands for the first time last night. Seems aimed a bit higher than I am at level 44 (like I can't harvest until 46, carpet vendor ignores me, etc).

Any caveats to look out for? Anything I should do in certain orders or be sure not to miss?

Um, don't think so. I finished up here pretty much, didn't know what faction to go with so I just picked blades.
UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

Reply #151 on: December 20, 2007, 06:07:37 AM

The only thing to pay attention to is faction. I would take a quick peak at the ring of fate quest on one of the spoiler sites. If that looks like something you want to do (lots of solo but ends each segment w/ heroic) then Blades is probably the best faction to start with. Don't do any of the Truth or Coin quests or you will lose faction with Blades.

If you don't feel like doing the Ring of Fate then taking all 3 faction quests at once is a good way to level up, get some AA's, and get some coin. You can repeat them indefinitely and there is a good bit of cross-over between all 3 quests which makes it pretty quick to do them.

Other than that you have I think 4 solo quest chains to work on there just in SS before you get sent to PoF.

44 is kind of on the low side of things. 46 is probably the best time to start there as a solo player.

44 is actually a good time to hit RunnyEye if you haven't done that yet as even though it is heroic content at 44 you should be able to solo just about the entire zone other than maybe the instances at the end. There's a good 8-10 quests to work on in there.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #152 on: December 20, 2007, 06:59:18 AM

Eh, Sinking Sands isn't bad at all at 44, and I dingered 45, dammit. The annoying part seems to be the heroic mobs (only ^ that I saw, but wtf) in the city, tied to factions.

At times the Heroic cockblocking gets tiring. You can go through a whole series of quests just to get fucked over at the end. It's not too bad if you get used to the fact you need to research stuff on spoiler sites and  then do it eight or ten levels after the rewards are worth anything  rolleyes

I could take heroic ^s, maaybe a fighter mob ^^ or a caster if I can resist him long enough to crank out the dps which are a little slow on SKs. ^^^ stuff is pretty brutal anywhere near my level, though. The main problem I seem to have tackling heroic stuff is blowing through power, the respawn gets me. It's a LOT better now that the SK feign lasts for hours like the brawler fd, before that the respawn would always swamp me. Now I'm a lot more confident about taking on heroic stuff (I practiced kerpwning WC with a level 22 monk ala Chorulle, made me a better SK).

Anyway, playing my wizard a little bit, I forget how it is to have massive dps...but crumple in seconds if things get out of control, which can be as quick as one resisted root. The SK playstyle definitely suits me.
UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

Reply #153 on: December 20, 2007, 09:09:00 AM

Don't think of Maj'Dul as a city. I always considered it more of another dungeon where not everything wanted to kill me. There is a lot of random aggro throughout the entire "city" before you even pick a faction. It's basically safe to run to the market area and that's about it. If you wander outside of that your are likely to get aggro. Once you pick a faction it's even worse with more roaming guards and such. Not to mention the roaming ^^^ policia that will come and wax you if they catch you killing anything in the zone without being under cover.

As for playstyle you should roll up a Swashbuckler or Brigand. Massive DPS with at least a little bit of tanking survivability. Even more survivability if you AA spec away from DPS and into the stamina line.
Sauced
Terracotta Army

Bat Country '05 Fantasy Football Champion

Reply #154 on: December 20, 2007, 09:17:10 AM

The fastest, easist way to get Call of Maj'Dul is to start with Coin faction.  Once the faction person at the docks stops giving you the repeatable quests (all of which you should be able to do at your level with Adept I main skills and Mastercrafter), you can head into Maj'Dul and start doing the Tears quests.  Or can you do those sooner?
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #155 on: December 20, 2007, 09:37:30 AM

Why would Coins be faster than Blades? I was leaning toward Blades because I'm a fighter :P

Also, I have mostly Master 1/2 spells and CAs, with a couple Adept 3s. I level slowly enough to make it worth it, though I've leveled like crazy in the last week.

UDD, what do you mean 'under cover'?
Sauced
Terracotta Army

Bat Country '05 Fantasy Football Champion

Reply #156 on: December 20, 2007, 09:48:12 AM

Why would Coins be faster than Blades? I was leaning toward Blades because I'm a fighter :P

Well, it's been a while since I did it, but if I remember correctly there are less cock block solo quests at the docks and the quest to get Call in Maj'Dul is "easier".  I did some research on it at the time to make sure I was using my limited play time wisely, but I'd have to go through the wikia stuff again to provide proof.
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #157 on: December 20, 2007, 09:56:19 AM

UDD, what do you mean 'under cover'?

There are flying police NPCs that will pwn you if you are fighting in the city, but you can hide from them by fighting mobs under tarps and roofs.

I have never played WoW.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #158 on: December 28, 2007, 08:22:36 AM

AK, just an FYI: my woodworker, Wyll, can make SoW totems. They're cheap and easy to crank out. Just send me the materials and I can make a couple batches for you. Unless you already bought a horse or something. I love the SoW totems like crazy. I forget the ingredients offhand, but it's easy to find online or ask me ingame. You can send the materials to Wyll with a note or just drop them in the guild banks and let Wyll know you did so.
ArtificialKid
Terracotta Army

Reply #159 on: December 28, 2007, 08:27:00 AM

Cool, thanks, I'm saving for a horsey now but I'll look up the mats.

Uh btw what's the difference between rush orders and work orders?
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #160 on: December 28, 2007, 08:34:10 AM

Rush orders are timed. They are also less items total. I forget the mechanics, but I think doing rush orders was more experience for time sunk into it, maybe slightly more cash. For tradeskills that don't have spells/CAs or good consumables, they rock. You're going sage, iirc, so you don't really need to sweat doing orders. Just grinding out App4s should level you up fine, though I do use tradeskill potions (vet rewards).

SoW potions are 24%, so don't bother with a low level horse. Also, if we level up the guild we can get discounted prices on horses, and eventually unlock the better mounts.

Any totems or food or anything you see in the guild bank is up for grabs. I try to keep a few goodies in there.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #161 on: January 16, 2008, 07:17:12 AM

Ahhh...Jaguar totems (stealth + invis). My SK is going to be much more fun now that I can invis past stuff. Of course, he's also at the level where more stuff can see invis and stealth. So there's that.

Woodworker is a pretty cool profession for po' folks. SoW totems, water breathing, and now invis. But I think my favorite might be the harvest tools, the t5 tools reduce harvest by 1.5 seconds.
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #162 on: January 16, 2008, 08:02:08 AM

Do you have to equip them? Not hard to do via macro, but I am just wondering.

I have never played WoW.
Bandit
Terracotta Army

Reply #163 on: January 16, 2008, 08:42:00 AM

Just resubbed to EQ2, loving it again.  I think I may bring up an alt character on Oasis, who is on the most to PM for a guild invite nowadays?

Woodworker is a pretty cool profession for po' folks. SoW totems, water breathing, and now invis. But I think my favorite might be the harvest tools, the t5 tools reduce harvest by 1.5 seconds.

Just tried out a macro the other day which equips a harvest tool & the corresponding tinkerer harvest tool, easy to do.  Seems to make a hell of a difference, or it was beginners luck, but was pulling rares from Sinking Sands at an incredible rate.  I am not completely sure if they are stacking (I assume so), but would recommend it when every you are out harvesting.  The only issue with the Macros, is the lack of icons for them.  I have a way around that if anyone is interested.

The tinkerer tools are based on your crafting level, and are named like miscalibrated <tool>, calibrated <tool>, and overclocked <tool>.  Anybody can use them, not just Tinkerers.

You don't have to macro your normal tool equipping, just pull the tool from your inventory into your hotkeys.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 08:43:40 AM by Bandit »
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #164 on: January 16, 2008, 08:45:14 AM

Not sure if it's a bug, but it doesn't seem you do anymore. Using the macro was a total pain in the ass and I don't think I ever got it right. I hope teh way it is now isn't a bug, because it would be in keeping with the trend SOE had last year of not making gameplay a pain in the ass. Why force someone to go through the shit of making a macro to cycle through all the harvest tools and dick with it every time they want to harvest something? I'm sure some people thought it was a great idea, though. It is an mmo, after all.
UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

Reply #165 on: January 16, 2008, 01:14:25 PM

Nope you do not have to equip the harvesting tools, tradeskill tools, totems, poisons, potions, etc.. in your charm slot anymore.

They are now permanent buffs from inventory.

The only glitch right now is that if you die you have to requip each of the items in order to "rebuff" yourself but then they stay active until you die again.
Bandit
Terracotta Army

Reply #166 on: January 16, 2008, 02:17:12 PM

Sweet, nice to know...I had no idea.  Does this include the tinkerer harvesting items as well?
UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

Reply #167 on: January 17, 2008, 06:05:02 AM

Nope you do not have to equip the harvesting tools, tradeskill tools, totems, poisons, potions, etc.. in your charm slot anymore.

They are now permanent buffs from inventory.

The only glitch right now is that if you die you have to requip each of the items in order to "rebuff" yourself but then they stay active until you die again.

I guess I should clarify I was mainly talking about the harvesting and tradeskill tools in the above post. Those are the permanent ones.

The totems, poisons, and potions can be activated from inventory but they still have a set number of charges and a duration.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #168 on: January 22, 2008, 11:38:53 AM

Threw a bunch of looted crap into the bank along with a couple of plat. Took a bunch of arrows and totems to turn myself into a bat, cause, yeah, that's cool.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #169 on: January 23, 2008, 09:31:08 AM

Took a bunch of arrows and totems to turn myself into a bat, cause, yeah, that's cool.

Monkey >> bat.

SRSLY.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #170 on: January 23, 2008, 11:31:04 AM

Threw a bunch of looted crap into the bank along with a couple of plat. Took a bunch of arrows and totems to turn myself into a bat, cause, yeah, that's cool.
Voodoo doll > all.

Also, don't bother throwing crap items in the bank. The Fabled shield, hell yeah (I can't use it, but if someone can, that's valuable). The treasured stuff? Mostly crap, especially now that crafted armor got a huge boost. I'd say Legendary or Mastercrafted would be the minimum unless it's a really good treasured item.

Cav's using a +30 int handcrafted staff, so even a couple of those items are ok, though mostly handcrafted is garbage, too.

(And this is all said as a dirty soloer with crap gear)
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #171 on: January 28, 2008, 06:16:06 AM

Guild level 20, bitches! Buy up some cheap mounts, extra room in the guild bank that we never really use anyway.

Shirley Bob finished an HQ, which reminded me that I had a bunch of grey ones to finish. So I did those and then took up several I had been meaning to do, finished the DWB, GBS, Oracle Robe, Fishbone, Stein of Moggok, and I think one or two others. I went nuts.

Also hit 50 with my wizard...Ice Comet, baby. Blam.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #172 on: January 28, 2008, 08:33:02 AM

I saw that. Upgraded our crest with something vaguely batlike to memorialize our 20ness. I also helped kill a bunch of raid nameds on Friday.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #173 on: February 04, 2008, 12:18:48 PM

Glar, didn't know you don't automagically get spells after 50  awesome, for real I'm such a newb. Found the AppII guy in Malduj to get my fix until I go on another crafting binge. Should probably update my level 32 armor, too. Kinda funny after playing the SK to be able to take on triple-ups (greens mostly, admittedly) with total shit grey gear (32 MC and 30-40HQ).

Anyway, just an excuse update to post this TOTALE ARSESOME POST FOR REAL:

I read this exact thread on December first and decided to start a Coercer as my first character.  I am now level 66 and I have maintained over the last month that Coercers are a horrible class and a worse soloer.  Mezzes are not as useful as they should be and I rarely make it past last in the DPS parse.  Charm is useless in groups and not reliable when soloing.  If you charm a 3 up heroic it reverts to a gay pet that would get destroyed by a necro pet in seconds.  Their entire charm dynamic is ridiculous and should be scrapped and remade.  They don't care to address any of the coercer's downfalls since there are so few people playing them that it would cost more money to give a [I cannot control my vocabulary] than they lose not giving a [I cannot control my vocabulary].  Often times the healer beats me in parses.  The worst thing about this class is that when you complain people say that you just suck and hat they know the secrets to pwning with a Coercer.  They are wrong.  If Coercers were any good it would not be the least played class.  If you are reading this post looking for a good solo class, do not pick Coercer.  It is a lie.  It may have been true in the past but there have been significant nerfs to the class I think.  I guess that Coercer population got up to 2% and they pulled the plug on any advantage they had, reducing the population back down to 1%.  This may have been to open up more server room for Shadowknights and Berserkers since every 11 year old in the world has one or two of each.  They look cool, have plate armor and tons of HP  and can out DPS a wizard.  Coercers are a disaster like rangers were for the first 5 years of EQ1.  Someday they may fix them so that they can solo even level normal mobs like a Zerker but I am not seeing it so far.  If you think I am full of [I cannot control my vocabulary], start your uber soloing Coercer and get back to me when you hit 66... Oh wait.. no one plays a coercer past 30 or so and that is why there are only 2 on the server at any given time.  God bless and have a nice life.  If anyone wants to tell me I just don't know how to play, I will bet you 50pp that I can solo the same stuff that you can and neither of us can solo an even level heroic with any consistency.  This class is garbage and one day they will do some big huge fix and 50 million people will want to be coercers.  (see EQ1 Ranger and Wizard fixes from about 6 years ago)

Message edited by stinkpickle3000 on 02/01/2008 18:36:28.
I love message boards. At least someone was nice and explained to him how to play a coercer; and it was interesting and informative, I love hearing good players explain tactics of classes I haven't played.
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #174 on: February 04, 2008, 12:43:42 PM

He went from 1-66 in two months and the class sucks at soloing...  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

I have never played WoW.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Bat Country notes  
Jump to: