Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:19:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Bat Country notes 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bat Country notes  (Read 149065 times)
gimpyone
Terracotta Army

Reply #105 on: October 21, 2007, 09:41:06 PM

I'll be playing in December.  Hope you guys are having fun though.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #106 on: October 21, 2007, 09:56:23 PM

I haven't been playing very much, though I play the beta now and then.  We've been a wee bit busy and I've been having mild attacks of insanity.  At least I assume it's insanity since I've been getting  more odd looks than usual.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #107 on: October 22, 2007, 07:40:30 AM

I haven't been playing very much, though I play the beta now and then.  We've been a wee bit busy and I've been having mild attacks of insanity.  At least I assume it's insanity since I've been getting  more odd looks than usual.

Beta? Que?

"Life is no cabaret... we're inviting you anyway." ~Amanda Palmer
"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
"Les vrais paradis sont les paradis qu'on a perdus." ~Marcel Proust
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #108 on: October 22, 2007, 07:55:56 AM

It's the one for the new expansion.  Oh no.  I've said too much.   :-(  I set it up.   NDA  Anyway, I haven't really been playing that, either.  Maybe Halloween stuff will motivate me since I wasn't there last year.  I thought the CoX Halloween stuff started today but it disappointed me.  I'm bitter. 

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #109 on: October 22, 2007, 01:04:26 PM

I didn't sign up for the beta - I'll play it when it's released imo. Not sure how far the NDA goes, have they mentioned what classes Sarnak can be?
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #110 on: October 22, 2007, 02:20:02 PM

Ah. There were sign-ups. Well, it's not like I would have been a diligent tester anyhow so, yeah, with release just around the corner, I'll wait it out. Should be a fun expansion. New starting zones are always a refreshing treat.

"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
Chorulle
Terracotta Army

Reply #111 on: October 22, 2007, 04:55:44 PM

I didn't sign up for the beta - I'll play it when it's released imo. Not sure how far the NDA goes, have they mentioned what classes Sarnak can be?

The one aspect of RoK that I am curious about as well.  If they do limit Sarnak to certain classes it would be the first race to be in that situation.  Even though Sarnak are supposed to be a neutral race I would imagine they will not be that strict and give people a way to play as any class (either at the start or via betrayal)

"Saying that nobody needs more then web apps is like saying noone needs a fridge because we can all drive to T.G.I. goddamn Friday's for chicken wings"

- Walt Mosspuppet (Mike Arrington is wrong: Chrome OS won't matter)
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #112 on: October 23, 2007, 06:45:48 AM

Eh, I forget about betrayal. I will probably roll a shadowknight or bruiser (miniCho).
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #113 on: October 25, 2007, 01:51:15 PM

Update: Well, nobody answered my tech support post last week and this week the SD area is dealing with the fires. So it's been a solid week I've basically been unable to play EQ2. One other person chimed into my thread and said they also have issues with 1280x720, and that it definitely is due to GU39. So I don't really see a resolution happening any time soon, if I don't hear something by tomorrow, I'm cleaning out my mail queues and shutting down my account until I hear it's fixed.

I even tried PMing Grimmy directly :(
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #114 on: October 25, 2007, 05:45:27 PM

Noooooooooooo!  I was depending on you to be there after my break which probably ends this weekend!  You're my pal!

Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #115 on: October 26, 2007, 02:23:42 PM

Update: Well, nobody answered my tech support post last week and this week the SD area is dealing with the fires. So it's been a solid week I've basically been unable to play EQ2. One other person chimed into my thread and said they also have issues with 1280x720, and that it definitely is due to GU39. So I don't really see a resolution happening any time soon, if I don't hear something by tomorrow, I'm cleaning out my mail queues and shutting down my account until I hear it's fixed.

I even tried PMing Grimmy directly :(

:(

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #116 on: October 26, 2007, 03:00:14 PM

Trick or Treat?

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #117 on: October 27, 2007, 01:35:09 PM

I was on for a few minutes cleaning up inventories and I ran the trick or treat/hunted house missions, quick and easy. Also ran the newest kunark mission, which seemed to have no rewards besides experience.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #118 on: October 29, 2007, 07:17:44 AM

Well, checking my account page, it just charged. So I'll be around for another month anyway  undecided As I mentioned in the last post, I can do some rudimentary stuff, got all the masks for Vith (I think hatchet is my favorite). Really wish I could ever hear fucking boo from CS on my fucking problem though. I'm working up to a slow simmer on this topic.

Also starting to understand some crafter's frustration with the broker system. Finally found a decent armor niche to make some money, in fulginate gussets. The DFC armor doesn't have gussets, so they've been selling like hotcakes at Aperture, at 5-6gp/pop. Now there are three or four people charging 1gp/ea. It's hard to believe there's any economy at all with the rampant undercutting, I'll undercut by a little but try not to cave in the pricing on a given item. Some people, they just dump it for less than it costs to make it, I don't understand.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #119 on: October 29, 2007, 08:16:09 AM

Call them up on the phone and DEMAND attention!!!

Hartsman
Developers

Trion

Reply #120 on: October 29, 2007, 09:11:34 PM

Update: Well, nobody answered my tech support post last week and this week the SD area is dealing with the fires.

Try this.  Looks like some meddling bastard is trying to help:  http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/posts/list.m?start=0&topic_id=387525#4395096

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #121 on: October 30, 2007, 06:54:27 AM

Attention gained, issue slated for resolution, Sky completely satisfied. I stand behind Spongebob sticky notes. Things written on them do not get ignored!!

I really didn't want to poke Hartsman (or that crazy Gallenite cad), Kunark and fires and whatnot. At least I kept my angry young (?) man posts to f13 where they belong ;)
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #122 on: October 30, 2007, 05:48:49 PM

Hugfest over, now make me some damn armor =P

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #123 on: October 30, 2007, 08:31:29 PM

Hugfest over, now make me some damn armor =P

Yeah! What he said.

But seriously, glad to hear you're staying, even if I am rarely on at the same times.

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #124 on: October 30, 2007, 08:39:31 PM

Ohhhhh, I see.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #125 on: October 31, 2007, 07:11:32 AM

Just let me know what kind of armor you need and get together the materials.
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #126 on: October 31, 2007, 05:46:42 PM

Just let me know what kind of armor you need and get together the materials.

Chorulle hooked me up last time I was on. I will be needing an upgrade in about 5 or 6 levels though, so I'll start gathering the materials and will drop you a line when I get everything together. Hell, if I catch up to you in the next month, maybe I can even group with you. :)

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #127 on: November 02, 2007, 03:15:34 PM

Wootzorz. I call it the "Sky hotfix". :)
Quote from: EQ2 Update Notes
Hotfix November / 1 / 2007

SETTINGS

If your video card supports it, the 1280x720 display resolution is now available in the video modes drop down box.  You no longer have to mod .ini files directly to access this resolution.

For advanced .ini file modders who prefer to use nonstandard modes that EQ2 does not officially support, custom resolutions have been re-enabled.  To force EQ2 to listen to your custom cl_screenwidth and cl_screenheight parameters, please add the line cl_validate_resolution false to your eq2.ini. (note: you may need to create eq2.ini if it doesn't already exist.)
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #128 on: November 02, 2007, 03:57:47 PM

Yay!   smiley

I'm taking a HG:L and console break from MMORPGs right now but I'll be getting the new expansion so... well... so there you have it.

Horik
Terracotta Army

Reply #129 on: November 17, 2007, 02:59:09 PM

How active is Bat Country right now? I am downloadiing the patchy bits as I just bought the game for the first time and I don't know anyone playing it.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #130 on: November 23, 2007, 06:24:09 AM

Bat Country is never active.

Year 4 vet rewards are in. Fun little shapechange into a voodoo doll. Hilarious when he sits down. New title (The Zealous) and 55% exp potions (trades + combat). Treasure chest for -25% rent reduction (which is nice since I recently moved into the Neriak 3-roomer which is 3gp or so).

Got another LoN drop. Redeemed it even though LoN isn't working properly (still) for me inside EQ2. Works enough to redeem, so I tried it so maybe I'd get an item drop. Got a potion for +50% AA experience. Kind of a head-scratcher, imo. Am I supposed to save up quests completions and do them all at once? I mean, how much AA exp does a 40+ character normally get in a half hour?

Maybe I shoulda sold the pack. Odd item.
Sauced
Terracotta Army

Bat Country '05 Fantasy Football Champion

Reply #131 on: November 23, 2007, 10:39:56 AM

Shoulda sold it!  It's for max level chars - once there, xp earned turns into AA.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #132 on: November 23, 2007, 11:18:46 AM

Oh, I shoulda known it was for the target audience of the game. I forget how mmo hates me.
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #133 on: November 24, 2007, 06:35:25 PM

Bat Country is never active.

Year 4 vet rewards are in. Fun little shapechange into a voodoo doll. Hilarious when he sits down. New title (The Zealous) and 55% exp potions (trades + combat). Treasure chest for -25% rent reduction (which is nice since I recently moved into the Neriak 3-roomer which is 3gp or so).

Got another LoN drop. Redeemed it even though LoN isn't working properly (still) for me inside EQ2. Works enough to redeem, so I tried it so maybe I'd get an item drop. Got a potion for +50% AA experience. Kind of a head-scratcher, imo. Am I supposed to save up quests completions and do them all at once? I mean, how much AA exp does a 40+ character normally get in a half hour?

Maybe I shoulda sold the pack. Odd item.

Yes. The four year rewards were quite fun, I thought. I've been running around as a voodoo doll ever since claiming that. He squeals when he gets hit. Heh. Anyhow, I am still having a great time and am glad I came back. The winback promos usually don't get me, but giving me all the expansions and such up to date right before a new expansion is marketing genius. Props to the person at SOE who thought that one up.

gimpyone
Terracotta Army

Reply #134 on: November 25, 2007, 01:14:35 AM

School is almost over for the quarter so once I get my power supply issues fixed and Dec 14th rescues me from writing my Senior Thesis, I'll be around. this guy looks legit
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #135 on: December 11, 2007, 10:47:54 AM

I can't even get motivated to wait for Frostfell.  I just don't feel like doing it again.  It's mostly the same as last year's, from what I understand.  I might do Xmas with WoW this year.  I'm canceling for now so if anyone wants to boot me from the guild as payback, although there's no reason to anymore because they removed that crappy guild junk, go ahead.  I'll forgive you.  I deserve it.

DarkSign
Terracotta Army

Reply #136 on: December 14, 2007, 03:43:07 AM

Does anyone here play actively? If so, which server are you on? I've come back to EQ2 with a necro and a coercer.
Kirth
Terracotta Army

Reply #137 on: December 14, 2007, 03:44:04 AM

I'm active on Crushbone, couple of hours a night.
UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

Reply #138 on: December 14, 2007, 06:31:43 AM

I'm probably the biggest eq2 catass here. I play just about nightly on The Bazaar server.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #139 on: December 14, 2007, 07:50:31 AM

I'm fairly active as well on AB. Raided Deathtoll last night, was pretty fun.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Bat Country notes  
Jump to: