Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:44:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Bat Country notes 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bat Country notes  (Read 148466 times)
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #70 on: September 10, 2007, 10:57:28 AM

I ran through the LoN tutorial this weekend and I find the game intriguing. I just don't know why I would play it and not EQ2 if I had time to play anything. Once the game can be played outside the EQ2 client, I might be tempted.

I have never played WoW.
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #71 on: September 10, 2007, 12:03:09 PM

I like the split board and quests.
I wish you could play items on quests.
I dislike the limits on abilities and items.
The game is well paced (no mana screw, no stand offs) but that also works against them because there also no moments were your cards line up and you WTFPWN people either.
I like how it gives you a card the first time you win a scenerio.

All in all, I like it, but its still over-priced.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 12:13:30 PM by tazelbain »

"Me am play gods"
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: September 10, 2007, 12:06:50 PM

I like it but I've never played any of these kind of card games before, just not my generation, so I have pretty much no clue what I am doing, yet.  The tutorial is ok but I'm going to have to play quite a bit of it before I really figure out what's going on.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: September 11, 2007, 07:31:37 AM

All in all, I like it, but its still over-priced.

Isn't it free? I was playing yesterday (without a clue really) and I don't remember agreeing to pay for anything. Please tell me I'm not going to get a random bill for something that was marginally enjoyable.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #74 on: September 11, 2007, 07:44:35 AM

I did a /claim to see what was in there and I got a nice container that reduces the price of my vendored goods by 10% because it cuts the brokerage fee in half, nice.  It was the three year reward so most people here should have it available.
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #75 on: September 11, 2007, 08:10:32 AM

Isn't it free? I was playing yesterday (without a clue really) and I don't remember agreeing to pay for anything. Please tell me I'm not going to get a random bill for something that was marginally enjoyable.
No, there is a store you buy stuff at.

"Me am play gods"
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #76 on: September 11, 2007, 08:27:17 AM

LoN is free for now if you are a EQ2 subscriber. It will be sold separately soo, though, and then I don't think it will be free any more.

I have never played WoW.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #77 on: September 11, 2007, 08:32:16 AM

No, if you subscribe you get a starter pack.  I'm sure that they would much rather you buy EQ/EQ2 for 40-60 bucks plus expansions and extras and get you hooked on buying boosters than making you pay for LoN which can be safely ignored.

Sure, leave an option for people to play LoN without EQ/EQ2 but I'm 95% sure that LoN as a standalone game isn't the model they are pursuing.  I would guarantee that as time progresses LoN gets incorporated into more and more of SOE's 'stable'.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
hal
Terracotta Army

Damn kids, get off my lawn!

Reply #78 on: September 12, 2007, 04:01:13 PM

Not to be a salesman about Legends of Norrath but: the stand alone client is out as of today. It seems to be free. Now saying that I logged in using my station login. But it should be free. I just can not say for sure that it is. There is a practice game option (casual games select a server, join, click practice game) That lets you play with a random deck against another person (no need to buy cards). It is a collectable card game so rares and uncommon are more powerfull cards yadda yadda. I like it as the mechanics are straight forward but complexity and combos are still there.

I started with nothing, and I still have most of it

I'm not a complete idiot... Some parts are still on backorder.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #79 on: September 12, 2007, 05:48:08 PM

Instead of combat messages now, I get numbers.  57  41  23  etc.    undecided

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #80 on: September 13, 2007, 07:39:37 AM

Cheer up, emo bear.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #81 on: September 13, 2007, 01:20:08 PM

I figured out what it was.  Somehow, my hit messages changed to the least verbose.

And thanks for caring Emo Elmo.   Heart

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #82 on: September 19, 2007, 06:35:27 AM

Well, we almost did something last night! :)

Tragny, gimpyone and myself are tentatively (always tentative!) going to try and hit DFC this weekend. I've got about 6 quests there and I'm pretty sure we can do most of them (make sure to repair up first, Trag! ;)).

Another idea would be Hadden's HQ. I'll be lucky not to ding 41 while adventuring in Steamfont this week, so I might need to mentor down. I should also clean up the GBS HQ as that's 30 as well. If we do Hadden's, we'll probably need to load up on some other Nektropos Castle stuff and get access quests and whatnot, I haven't looked too close at that yet. I seem to remember one other HQ that ends up with the end mob for Hadden's, so if we do that we'll probably want to pick up that one and get it to that step.

So, either way, let's decide on something and work to get ready for the weekend so we can spend a couple hours doing some of the tougher bits. Maybe some day Signe will tag along ;)
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #83 on: September 19, 2007, 08:21:57 AM

Well, we almost did something last night! :)

Tragny, gimpyone and myself are tentatively (always tentative!) going to try and hit DFC this weekend. I've got about 6 quests there and I'm pretty sure we can do most of them (make sure to repair up first, Trag! ;)).

Be sure to get through to the DFC portion of the the FBSS and SBS HQ's before you do your DFC run.  Knock 'em all out in one go.

DFC is pretty easy mostly, the fight with Fyst at the end is a little tough because he has knock back and you fight on a roof but I found that if you pull him to the nearby stairwell and fight in there you don't have to worry about that.  Also, one of the princes inside DFC has a fear AE, you will want to put your toons into crouch before fighting him so you don't go running off all over the place pulling aggro.  I forget his name but it's the one inside the dining hall.  The only other hard fight in there is the Champion in the arena pit, who also does a knockback, which is a problem because the walls have spikes on them and they can do a lot of damage.  So, the best tactic is to have the tank keep the champs attention on one side of the arena with his back to a wall while everyone else is on the other side using ranged attacks.

Good luck!  You will probably wipe a couple of times but don't let that bother you, doesn't hurt anything but the ego.

shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #84 on: September 19, 2007, 11:43:51 AM

Fight Fyst at his throne. The tank has the throne at his back. Done.

I have never played WoW.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: September 19, 2007, 12:17:34 PM

What level is Fyst? Not sure we were going to do the whole dungeon. I'm fuzzy on their numbers but at the least it will be our trio of 40 SK, 39 Zerk, 37 Fury unless someone dings beforehand or I forgot a dinggratz. I forget where Signe is, but she'd be ok to go (33 or 34, be orange to red but she wouldn't get trounced if we're careful). I don't think anyone else is in the level range right now, Chorulle just hit 30 last night...but he's also the resident BC Badass so he might feel comfortable poking at reds.
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #86 on: September 19, 2007, 12:26:03 PM

If you guys set a time, I am sure we could scrape up a full team. Also what roles you need.

"Me am play gods"
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #87 on: September 19, 2007, 12:39:42 PM

Ah, I forgot you're back, Taz, sorry. Not used to having so many people around :P Or somewhat around, anyway.

Roles? I don't roll like that. If you want to come, you're welcome. Time, I'm usually around by 11pm until 1am at the latest on a weeknight, as late as I can stand it on weekends (usually 3am). Fiancee is working Saturday so I could be around during the day until 5 or so. I'm eastern time. When I've grouped with those two, it's generally been like midnight to 3am eastern *yawn!*

I'm probably going to have to update the ingame message so Trag and gimp actually read this thread and comment :P
Tragny
Terracotta Army

Reply #88 on: September 19, 2007, 05:36:36 PM

In yet another BC scheduling oopsy, I agreed to work Saturday morning, so I won't be available until 5PM Eastern. Sunday afternoon is best for me, but I can certainly do Saturday night if that's when we can pull the most bodies for carnage. Look forward to getting a chance to group with you Taz.

"Masturbation is a more rewarding pursuit." -- Evangolis
gimpyone
Terracotta Army

Reply #89 on: September 19, 2007, 05:41:05 PM

I'll be around whenever someone aims me.  Unless the incoming freshmen destroy my dorm.
Chorulle
Terracotta Army

Reply #90 on: September 19, 2007, 08:29:26 PM

30 is too low for me to do any good at this point, my hit ratio would be complete crap against them.  If you folks had an open spot left and I had some ore I would probably try and hitch a ride to the forge to go ahead and knit some armor (hit 40 tailoring a couple days ago and picked up both of the books).  However, I am a cheap SoB when it comes to stuff like that, so I would rather wait until I can hunt for some of the ore myself rather then buy it all in the AH.  So, perhaps another time when I am in the high 30s.

"Saying that nobody needs more then web apps is like saying noone needs a fridge because we can all drive to T.G.I. goddamn Friday's for chicken wings"

- Walt Mosspuppet (Mike Arrington is wrong: Chrome OS won't matter)
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #91 on: September 20, 2007, 06:45:11 AM

Might be better to do Nektropos and clean up the HQs there, would be easier to take out the bosses there.

Sunday afternoon? Heretic.
Tragny
Terracotta Army

Reply #92 on: September 20, 2007, 03:37:33 PM

Well, someone asked me to swap shifts with them so it turns out I will be available Saturday morningish until about 2:30 PM Eastern then probably like 1-3AM. I'm certainly all about hitting the HQs so am very down for Nekt Castle, doubly so if it means more crazies from here.

"Masturbation is a more rewarding pursuit." -- Evangolis
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #93 on: September 20, 2007, 07:39:10 PM

I have been distracted by my new orange pussy.  Sorry.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #94 on: September 21, 2007, 06:45:34 AM

I can certainly undestand that. Firebush is like that.

I friggin' dinged 41 last night. I only have one darn piece of ebon ore. Gotta get out and get harvesting and then the awful armorcrafting grind. Not sure if armor or weapon is the worst grind, partly because I just know how valuable the stacks of metals are I'm just grinding through with writs. Feyiron was something like 60sp and I'm grinding 5 or 6 per recipe. With loam coming out my pooper I've got so much.
trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #95 on: September 21, 2007, 09:29:59 AM

I have been distracted by my new orange pussy.  Sorry.

With loam coming out my pooper I've got so much.

Um...guys...I think I may have joined the wrong guild...
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #96 on: September 21, 2007, 11:29:38 AM

No!  You stay right where you are.  We're not finished with you yet! 

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #97 on: September 24, 2007, 07:13:28 AM

Gimpy: I wasn't ignoring you Sunday, something was messed up with my chat. It kept sending me messages about not being in a broker session or something. I wasn't going to be on long enough to reboot to fix it. Just on dicking around between actual rl activities.

Going to hit 42 soonish, so I'm working up armocrafting again. Really blowing through materials, though, but it's a bit better than when rares were dropping all the time. I had collected a bunch of stuff while questing in Feerrott, but I really miss the little spot in Nektulos where I could just sit and harvest for a couple hours and get it over with, with nobody sweeping through on their carpet grabbing all the metals and roots. A couple decent spots in Feerrott if you don't mind clearing off a bunch of grouped mobs, but the nice thing about the Nektulos spot was eventually the whole mob spawn would end up non-aggro if you only killed the aggro stuff.

Anyway. Should be able to do ebon stuff shortly. I've got 5 pieces of ebon, still need a couple more that I should get while grinding through t5. Guild should be hitting 17 in the next couple days. Let's get the old girl to 20!

Jumped into Everfrost for some quick AA exp and just to check it out. One of the cooler game experiences, swimming through an ocean filled with giant sharks. With the new camera that pulls out further, you can clearly see them all swimming arond you. My fiancee walked in as I was leaving Everfrost and thought it was cool. However, Everfrost, like Lavastorm, is pretty much a group deal. I did a quest in there, but it quickly becomes ^^^ heroic only content. Makes me want to cockpunch the idiots on the official boards (I know...) who bitch about 'nerfing' Antonica, Commonlands and Nektulos. Goddamned shitpiles.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #98 on: September 24, 2007, 03:15:12 PM

Agreed on all the dipshits on the board. But you know my stance on being able to solo, we're on the same page there.

Anyway, I'm hitting 42 soon as well, PLUS, I need armor and I've got a buttload of leftover cash. If you need financing for your crafting endeavors let me know, I'll throw some more money in the bank.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2007, 01:16:51 PM by Surlyboi »

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
gimpyone
Terracotta Army

Reply #99 on: September 30, 2007, 08:54:19 PM

Sky: No problem, figured you were busy. 

In other news, I'm very busy this quarter academically but I'll do my best to find time to login.  Latin 1, Greek Lyric Poetry, and doing research for my senior thesis which is something involving disabilities in the classical era.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #100 on: October 09, 2007, 11:40:21 AM

Signe, the monk lived. Decided to stick with the human monk I had as a tailor drone, he's pretty cool and I can always betray later. Wanted an iksar bruiser (and not just to copy Cho, my 'main alt' on EQ1 was iksar monk) but with a little tweaking to the appearance my human isn't too bad (bald, handlebar mustache, dark yellow complexion). So...yay, another alt to level 20!

Cho, I was so correct. Of course, I wish I had the survivability and mitigation of my SK at times. I am not used to not replenishing my health that it's tough to gauge fights. But...the brawler FD is SOOOO much better. Night and Day. The SK/Necro version's timer makes it at best a one-shot death avoider. The brawler version is the amazing, let's split up this group of bad guys or just generally tool around not worrying about aggro version. Can't wait to get a bit better % on it (61% but it caps at 66% so I didn't blow a lot on the Master; my SK has like 78% or summat)...but the reuse means it's no big deal as long as I don't use it like the SK's, as a last ditch. Leave enough time to try a couple times :)

Working on mastering clearing off lower-con adds before taking out the name. If the SK could do FD like that, it would be the perfect class. Can't have that!
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #101 on: October 09, 2007, 11:48:09 AM

Signe, the monk lived. Decided to stick with the human monk I had as a tailor drone, he's pretty cool and I can always betray later. Wanted an iksar bruiser (and not just to copy Cho, my 'main alt' on EQ1 was iksar monk) but with a little tweaking to the appearance my human isn't too bad (bald, handlebar mustache, dark yellow complexion). So...yay, another alt to level 20!

Cho, I was so correct. Of course, I wish I had the survivability and mitigation of my SK at times. I am not used to not replenishing my health that it's tough to gauge fights. But...the brawler FD is SOOOO much better. Night and Day. The SK/Necro version's timer makes it at best a one-shot death avoider. The brawler version is the amazing, let's split up this group of bad guys or just generally tool around not worrying about aggro version. Can't wait to get a bit better % on it (61% but it caps at 66% so I didn't blow a lot on the Master; my SK has like 78% or summat)...but the reuse means it's no big deal as long as I don't use it like the SK's, as a last ditch. Leave enough time to try a couple times :)

Working on mastering clearing off lower-con adds before taking out the name. If the SK could do FD like that, it would be the perfect class. Can't have that!

Hmm, perhaps I'll have to mess around with my Ratonga Brawler some more. I created him on a whim (named Morsel) and only played him for one night. I'm sure it's not the min/max awesome race/class combo, but I don't much care about that. I've got a rat with an eye patch and a mean left hook. ;)

"Life is no cabaret... we're inviting you anyway." ~Amanda Palmer
"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
"Les vrais paradis sont les paradis qu'on a perdus." ~Marcel Proust
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #102 on: October 09, 2007, 11:51:11 AM

I love my little rat girl SK.  She has an eye patch, too.  If we hang out together we could actually muster up some peripheral vision!   cheesy

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #103 on: October 11, 2007, 09:12:48 AM

There must've been some serious raiding going on, or a guild cleared out its bank, or something...I was just able to snag like 10 masters for a couple pp. Still need to get some t5 jewelry, but I kitted out in t4 stuff, also got a decentish weapon and shield. Tired of the old tower shield, I got a nice little fabled kite shield that looks cool. The weapon is just a crafted Ebon Voulge, rated 1 lower than the cedar cudgel I had, but it looks way cooler. Also, needed to work piercing. With the AA +melee crits I'm working on, autoattack dmg is getting better.

So now I've got like 12 masters (incl Master II choice), to be 13 at 44. So happy I got that LoN booster pack (still can't play LoN). I try to level slowly, so they should keep me in good stead through t5.

I would like to see about working on some HQs at some point, especially now that Cho is entering the BC sweet spot. We're kind of melee heavy, though. 2 SKs, a Bruiser, a Berserker and a Fury. And all you fuckers will probably outlevel me soon enough...I just had a headstart.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #104 on: October 11, 2007, 09:38:55 AM

I won't out level you.  I promise.  We just bought Lister his own kitten.  She's a lovely black short hair named Magenta.  She's a month older than him and an attention slut.  Between the constant kitten drama and my new obsession with scrubbing two of the bathrooms (litter areas) everyday, vacuuming up hair and my own personal ever-wending insanity, I've been... umm... busy.  Shortly we'll be having poor Lister's manhood snipped so I expect more drama and devastation.

More accurate pics another time.  I need a nap.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Bat Country notes  
Jump to: