Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 07:30:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Reactivation weekend through August 5th 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Reactivation weekend through August 5th  (Read 5760 times)
Trippy
Administrator

on: August 02, 2007, 10:22:49 PM

Unsubs have had their accounts reactivated through Sunday, August 5th:

http://boards.cityofheroes.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=8857140&an=0&page=0#Post8857140
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: August 03, 2007, 01:12:39 AM

I actually resubbed two days ago to give the game another go.  Suffice it to say that I've already cancelled again. 

I love what the game is trying to do... It just doesn't seem to hold my attention any longer.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Alkiera
Terracotta Army

The best part of SWG was the easy account cancellation process.

Reply #2 on: August 06, 2007, 06:47:03 PM

I played a bit on Sat. Night and Sunday.  The radio on the hero side makes a big difference for me.  My scrapper was 46 (made 47 this weekend, finally) and I pretty much just get Malta/Knives missions, and the other guy with the steam-punk powersuit bosses, from my contacts.  The Knives aren't so bad, but the robots/powersuits in the Malta and other tech missions, not to mention those stupid auto turrets from the engineers, really ruin my broad-sword scrapper's day.

However, with the radio, I can somewhat choose the nature of my target, and I seemed to get more of the Circle of Thorns, which are mostly cake.  Bosses are mildly annoying, if I get a bad start.  The other half the time they don't get to do much, as they have little knockdown/knockup resist... An occasional Dark Blast helps too, for all their focus on negative energy, they have no resistance to speak of.

The random missions are also more varied in scenery, and seem to have better design, than the older ones.  Small to medium sized instances, etc.

The only thing I don't like is having to go back to the detective and refuse the safeguard mission every 5 runs... I tried one, once... I was at about half HP after having cleared the main room of the bank, and the boss came out and one-shotted me, that two-fisted overhead strike from the energy melee set, forget what it is, but hit me for 700+ damage,  one-shotted me.  Youch.  Obviously not for soloers, at least not un-prepared ones.

Also... people seemed to like the rikti attacks... but for me, they were just annoying.  I was trying to mission, would come out of an instance, and get two-shotted by a pair of passing drop ships.  At least those deaths didn't give me any xp debt.  Hiding under parking garages and the like just didn't feel very heroic.

--
Alkiera

"[I could] become the world's preeminent MMO class action attorney.  I could be the lawyer EVEN AMBULANCE CHASERS LAUGH AT. " --Triforcer

Welcome to the internet. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used as evidence against you in a character assassination on Slashdot.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #3 on: August 06, 2007, 10:26:57 PM

For the radio missions you can zone out and zone back in to get a new selection of missions.
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #4 on: August 07, 2007, 12:30:18 AM

The steampunk guys are Nemesis.

If you can hit an Engineer quickly, you can interrupt them putting down an autoturret.

The Rikti Invasion is now officially over, so you will only rarely run into that problem again.

Alkiera
Terracotta Army

The best part of SWG was the easy account cancellation process.

Reply #5 on: August 07, 2007, 01:50:54 PM

For the radio missions you can zone out and zone back in to get a new selection of missions.

Ah.  This was never a problem, in that I generally found at least one of the options acceptable.  Unlike Crimson, who seems to be more of an all-Malta, all-the-time, sort of guy.  He does throw the occasional Knives or Carni mission, but usually just to get info to use against Malta.  It was mind-numbing.  Radio has different stuff, which is EXCELLENT.

The steampunk guys are Nemesis.

If you can hit an Engineer quickly, you can interrupt them putting down an autoturret.

The Rikti Invasion is now officially over, so you will only rarely run into that problem again.

Yes, Nemesis.  I hate those guys.  Stupid spherical robots are a pita to kill with a melee weapon.  And guys in powersuits.  And snipers.  And that 4th Leadership skill that gives a boost to all allies when one of them dies.  Arrrgh.

Yeah, I know that about engineers (I used to play a LOT).  Heck, they seem to put down turrets slightly less often than they used to, these days... often, they open with a grenade (ooh, that tickles!), and then run in with a taser.  Not a huge issue, but the turret damage builds up over time, and they take so long to destroy with a sword.

Alas, I'm not subbed, was playing the free weekend.  Tho having played recently, it's more likely than it was before.  The radio makes a big difference, for me.  If EQ2 stops doing it for me, (I'm sure it will, given time) I'll give it another chance.

--
Alkiera

"[I could] become the world's preeminent MMO class action attorney.  I could be the lawyer EVEN AMBULANCE CHASERS LAUGH AT. " --Triforcer

Welcome to the internet. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used as evidence against you in a character assassination on Slashdot.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: August 07, 2007, 01:56:32 PM

I had fun with the free weekend and wish there was a five or ten day play option.  I want to play a little more, but getting a whole month would be pointless with my upcoming schedule.

Will the Rikti still raid the Crash Site / War Zone?  I never got the bomb badge.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #7 on: August 07, 2007, 04:55:00 PM

If you complete Lady Grey's TF that triggers an invasion in a (semi) random zone. This is a quote from Lighthouse's post and the invasions ending:

The Invasion will be ending Tuesday 8.7.07 as a daily event. It can still be triggered in a single, random zone through player actions, however. In addition, we are planning on bringing the full-scale Invasion event back on random days throughout August and September, and possibly beyond.

Personally I think hope they keep running them on a regular basis. So many people have so many different alts or don't even have them for their mains (like yourself) that it'll be impossible to get the accolades for them just off the TF triggers alone.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 05:23:16 PM by Trippy »
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: August 08, 2007, 08:29:50 AM

If you complete Lady Grey's TF that triggers an invasion in a (semi) random zone. This is a quote from Lighthouse's post and the invasions ending:

The Invasion will be ending Tuesday 8.7.07 as a daily event. It can still be triggered in a single, random zone through player actions, however. In addition, we are planning on bringing the full-scale Invasion event back on random days throughout August and September, and possibly beyond.

Personally I think hope they keep running them on a regular basis. So many people have so many different alts or don't even have them for their mains (like yourself) that it'll be impossible to get the accolades for them just off the TF triggers alone.

Yeah, the bombing phase doesn't last long enough to get the bomb badge in one raid.

The last raid I was in, though, the fighting-rikti phase went on forever, or so it seemed. Possibly long enough to get the suit badge in a single raid.
(I was most of the way there going into this particular raid).

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #9 on: August 08, 2007, 01:23:25 PM

The key to getting the suit badge quickly is for people to make teams of 7 or 8 before they start dropping. If you are in a team of less than 7 suits will not drop on top of you. And the teams have to be made before or shortly after the ground battle starts -- if you add the 7th too late after the ground battle starts you won't get suits either. Also if the suits do appear, make sure you "tag" each one at least once by doing some damage to it so you get credit for being in on the kill.
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #10 on: August 08, 2007, 09:31:20 PM

I got the badges for rikti 'arresting' and heavy suit 'arresting' in the space of my first raid. The secret to both is to get one large group of heroes forming in a zone and be part of a larger team. That way, if you have enough AoE on a team, you can easily get the badges.

The bomb badge took me about 3 raids to get. That requires a lot more searching and a team to help you take the bomb out or you risk getting ks'd on it.

Jimbo
Terracotta Army

still drives a stick shift

Reply #11 on: August 09, 2007, 09:27:37 AM

I freaking hated the bomb badge!

For some reason, my defender got all three badges really quick, and the click power (psychic defense and resistance click power! whoot!) from the accolade.  So I rolled on my tank and got the bosses (10 bosses wasn't too bad), rikti (100 of them), but the 25 bombs was freaking hard to get even in bomb groups.  I did get it finally, but it is going to be slow going for any of my other characters.

I wish I didn't have so many alts and servers to play...ugggh, getting click power is a way to keep me going nuts  :-D

Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: August 09, 2007, 11:19:16 AM

I was not able to get the boss badge on any of my characters yet. I tag the suits like crazy, but the bar does not move an inch.

edit: Boss, not bomb.

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Reactivation weekend through August 5th  
Jump to: