Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:30:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: Take a picture once a day, whether you need to or not 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 108 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Take a picture once a day, whether you need to or not  (Read 1138392 times)
Samprimary
Contributor

on: July 25, 2007, 05:57:23 AM

Ookii
Staff Emeritus

is actually Trippy

Reply #1 on: July 26, 2007, 09:31:32 AM

HEY-O!

Where is today's picture?

You guys don't have camera phones?

Outside of the office.

Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #2 on: July 26, 2007, 11:08:15 AM

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #3 on: July 26, 2007, 12:23:25 PM

Ok, less snark and crankiness please.

-Rasix
Ookii
Staff Emeritus

is actually Trippy

Reply #4 on: July 26, 2007, 12:28:22 PM

Ok, less snark and crankiness please.

Aye aye, picture of my hallway:

Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #5 on: July 26, 2007, 12:30:30 PM

Here, I'll contribute. Its a recent photo, and it counts as an impromtu picture, since I carry my SD600 with me at all times. Anyone who can guess what or where it is (locals don't count!) wins the 'I'm a good boy and don't throw a hissy' award for the day.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: July 26, 2007, 12:31:22 PM

That is a neat effect for a picture.  Funny how scenes you would think are ordinary look so different through a lens.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #7 on: July 26, 2007, 12:32:46 PM

The hallway makes me think of History of the World, Part 1.

The "round thing" makes me think of a nonexistant Doctor Who episode.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2007, 01:22:39 PM by Yegolev »

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #8 on: July 26, 2007, 12:53:44 PM

Makes me think of The Simpsons Movie.

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
WayAbvPar

Reply #9 on: July 26, 2007, 01:25:06 PM

Mmmmmmmmmmm delicious stone donut.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #10 on: July 26, 2007, 01:49:10 PM

My balcony at work:

Ookii
Staff Emeritus

is actually Trippy

Reply #11 on: July 26, 2007, 01:58:38 PM

Nice, they don't let cats inside and we don't get to work in a cool rustic building like yours.

Are you in the South?  For some reason I get that impression when I look at the photo.

Righ
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: July 26, 2007, 03:41:30 PM

WayAbvPar

Reply #13 on: July 26, 2007, 04:45:12 PM

OK, so we had a BBQ for the tenants of my work building today. My office also had a potluck dessert shindig to complement the BBQ (I of course skipped both, since I am an anti-social asshole AND I was fucking buried with work). I just wandered into the break room and discovered the following-

First of all- what kind of deviant brings sugarfree cookies to a potluck? Secondly, who takes a fucking bite of said sugarfree cookie, realizes it tastes like an ass packed full of sawdust, and then LEAVES THE REST IN THE BOX??? These are the same motherfuckers who used all my half and half (I got 1 goddamned serving before it 'evaporated'). I weep for the world.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #14 on: July 26, 2007, 08:10:23 PM

I'm a fan of the unexplained and random picture.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Lt.Dan
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: July 26, 2007, 08:43:49 PM

That is a neat effect for a picture.  Funny how scenes you would think are ordinary look so different through a lens.
I like how yo've framed the top of it with a big pudgy finger ;)
Selby
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: July 26, 2007, 10:01:05 PM

First of all- what kind of deviant brings sugarfree cookies to a potluck? Secondly, who takes a fucking bite of said sugarfree cookie, realizes it tastes like an ass packed full of sawdust, and then LEAVES THE REST IN THE BOX??? These are the same motherfuckers who used all my half and half (I got 1 goddamned serving before it 'evaporated'). I weep for the world.
I have this problem at work.  We have a big box of hot chocolate mix packets.  Some weirdo always uses 1/2-1/3 of a package and then just folds it back up and replaces it in the box.  So we have several half used packets always sitting in the box.  I have no idea why anyone would do this.  I did attend this one meeting where someone brought 100% sugar free EVERYTHING.  Food.  Sodas.  Cookies.  That was one of those meetings where no one ate anything and went out to the cafeteria afterwards (which never really happens).

Book signings are always fun:

Lines however are not.  Neither are legions of sweaty nerds and their moms who are arguing with developers and designers over 6" action figures vs. 8" or 10" action figures.
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #17 on: July 26, 2007, 11:07:43 PM

Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: July 26, 2007, 11:33:06 PM

about a month old

As a matter of fact I swallowed one of these about two hours ago and the explanation is that it is, in fact, my hand.
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #19 on: July 27, 2007, 05:03:55 AM

I'm a fan of the unexplained and random picture.

Are those your games?  Condolences on having wasted money on King's Knight at some point in your life.  I bought it as a kid, not really knowing what it was, and boy did it suck ass.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #20 on: July 27, 2007, 07:06:52 AM

Are you in the South? 
Upstate NY. Here's one from February:

WayAbvPar

Reply #21 on: July 27, 2007, 10:13:02 AM

Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #22 on: July 27, 2007, 11:05:29 AM

Damn that looks tasty.

It is tasty. I had some with my dinner last night. Just tear off a chunk, scrape it through some mascarpone, and you're chawin' on a solid chunk of Win.
Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #23 on: July 27, 2007, 03:10:08 PM

Ookii
Staff Emeritus

is actually Trippy

Reply #24 on: July 27, 2007, 03:13:56 PM

Dude.

Righ
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: July 27, 2007, 03:14:40 PM

I'm beginning to doubt the credibility of Sam's "taking a picture once a day". That was in your day today?

schild
Administrator

Reply #26 on: July 27, 2007, 03:16:33 PM

Aweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesome.
Ookii
Staff Emeritus

is actually Trippy

Reply #27 on: July 27, 2007, 03:49:37 PM

We should set something up where his post is sticky and he edits it everyday with a new picture, if he didn't include shit like that.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #28 on: July 27, 2007, 07:22:30 PM

Are those your games?  Condolences on having wasted money on King's Knight at some point in your life.  I bought it as a kid, not really knowing what it was, and boy did it suck ass.

Good eye.  I found that bin in my inlaws' basement, next to a (now my) Genesis.  It's mostly crap and I am pretty sure I have never played any of them.  I removed the Final Fantasy cart and the map to a safe location.

Righ
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: July 27, 2007, 09:13:09 PM

bhodi

No lie.

Reply #30 on: July 27, 2007, 09:36:08 PM

Blurry out of focus CD rack with a lot of CDs?
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #31 on: July 27, 2007, 10:42:04 PM

Good eye.  I found that bin in my inlaws' basement, next to a (now my) Genesis.  It's mostly crap and I am pretty sure I have never played any of them.  I removed the Final Fantasy cart and the map to a safe location.

If you have a thing for 8-bit RPG, the Ultima IV cartridge I see in there is worth holding onto.  It was a really good port, better than the original in a lot of ways.  The combat system was much improved, a couple new quests were added, and party size was reduced (a good thing) while adding a neat little inn you could use to swap members in and out.  A lot of the later console Ultima ports were "Here's some trash with the same title, fuck you!" but this one shines.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
Righ
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: July 27, 2007, 10:42:51 PM

Blurry out of focus CD rack with a lot of CDs?

It's in focus. Its a long exposure though. :) Also, that's not a lot. :P

schild
Administrator

Reply #33 on: July 27, 2007, 11:04:32 PM

We should set something up where his post is sticky and he edits it everyday with a new picture, if he didn't include shit like that.

I thought it was awesome.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #34 on: July 27, 2007, 11:08:07 PM

I liked it, too.  The painted naked boy looks very festive.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 108 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: Take a picture once a day, whether you need to or not  
Jump to: