Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 04:54:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: 5 years and still going 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 5 years and still going  (Read 185562 times)
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #105 on: July 24, 2007, 07:56:27 AM

Comeonnnnnn next page...

* Edit: OH BOOYAH!

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #106 on: July 24, 2007, 08:00:40 AM

I think you should insta-ban anyone who puts their character name and level in their sig.  That would be a fun rule.

Or people who quote themselves in their sigs.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Abelian75
Terracotta Army

Reply #107 on: July 24, 2007, 08:01:08 AM

I think you should insta-ban anyone who puts their character name and level in their sig.  That would be a fun rule.

Then what would be the penalty for putting your entire character history in your sig?  Assassination?

I think it should be a special, extra-painful assassination if your sig-chronicle includes something like:

WoW: Stealthkilla 48 Rogue (Did not like much)

Oh, and you also get extra penalty points if one of your characters listed is for a game that doesn't exist yet.

Man, I kinda miss the old VG boards.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #108 on: July 24, 2007, 08:02:07 AM

CoX is superior to FFXI in gameplay in every way I can think of.  FFXI has CoX 'beat' in Mithra pr0n, though.  That's not necessarily a good thing.

Over and out.
cosapi
Terracotta Army

Reply #109 on: July 24, 2007, 08:05:02 AM

I'll always fondly remember FFXI Squares attempt to prove how little they can learn from their mistakes, as that one game which tried to make non-japanese speaking folks play a game which could potentially require heavy knowledge of the japanese language in a group "only if we like you" or die scenario.

Beating a Dead Horse
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #110 on: July 24, 2007, 08:05:20 AM

CoX is superior to FFXI in gameplay in every way I can think of.  FFXI has CoX 'beat' in Mithra pr0n, though.  That's not necessarily a good thing.

CoH/V is surprisingly pr0n-free. Either that or I don't look at the right speciality sites.

schild
Administrator

Reply #111 on: July 24, 2007, 08:05:28 AM

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #112 on: July 24, 2007, 08:06:26 AM

oh and I'll throw CoX in there as a genre success.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #113 on: July 24, 2007, 08:06:34 AM

This thread is going places.

All the way to page 50.  Replete with charts and amusing pictures of Cosplay Sephiroths.

I'd like to point out that the woman in the background is either laugh at him, or is hiding her face out of shame from being in the same room with him. That is the fate of all cosplayers.
Abelian75
Terracotta Army

Reply #114 on: July 24, 2007, 08:07:32 AM

If we are going by sub numbers, FFXI kneels coyly before WoW.

That's not really a fair comparison.  FFXI didn't have the IP or marketing power of Warcraft.
grunk
Terracotta Army

This poster is a gibbering retard. Also, he used to post from a rehab clinic.

Reply #115 on: July 24, 2007, 08:43:28 AM

That's not really a fair comparison.  FFXI didn't have the IP or marketing power of Warcraft.

I wounder, how many of you are actually Larpers? Go ahead and sign (fegs)
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #116 on: July 24, 2007, 08:48:34 AM

Can we keep em, Schild?!?!?! Please please please!!!

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #117 on: July 24, 2007, 08:48:59 AM

The only mistake, is that you people need the gold dot. you people need a quest log. you people need to be taken by the hand, and be told
"HAI GUYZ! HEY MORON! CLICK THE GUY WITH THE GOLD DOT!!!! DING!"
Oh holy fuck. OK I'll admit to Margalis I left that game and didn't look back, and that a lot of improvements may have slipped in after I quit. Based on your barely-coherent comments, however, I can see that the easter-egg hunt for quests is still there.

Let me tell you, there is nothing more fun than having to spend an hour on allakhazam trying to pin down the quests and locations for the dozens of NPCs that look completely identical to the HUNDREDS in windhurst. I still have pages and pages of notebook paper that I had to write down the quest giver and location, and then tab back in and spend 30m going around and talking to all of the NPCs in town that gave quests within my level range. That didn't give any XP.

Oh that's the other thing, I had to install a fucking 3rd party program so I could TAB OUT of this piece of shit with F10 -- they later disabled it, right around the time I quit. I won't be locked into a game; you can suck my balls.

Maybe that is fun for people like you. It's like virtual slot machines, if you get lucky, you you hit the NPC quest jackpot.

Do I have to spell out how ridiculous and ass-backwards this is? You are touting this as a feature? are you serious?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 08:51:27 AM by bhodi »
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #118 on: July 24, 2007, 08:49:24 AM

HAY GUYZ WHATS GONG ON N DIS THREAD??

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #119 on: July 24, 2007, 08:53:37 AM

Pain apparently.

As far as I can determine, Grunk believes that Migraines are fun and that Paracetamol is for Pussies.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #120 on: July 24, 2007, 08:56:57 AM

The only mistake, is that you people need the gold dot. you people need a quest log. you people need to be taken by the hand, and be told
Oh holy fuck. OK I'll admit to Margalis I left that game and didn't look back, and that a lot of improvements may have slipped in after I quit. Based on your barely-coherent comments, however, I can see that the easter-egg hunt for quests is still there.

Let me tell you, there is nothing more fun than having to spend an hour on allakhazam trying to pin down the quests and locations for the dozens of NPCs that look completely identical to the HUNDREDS in windhurst. I still have pages and pages of notebook paper that I had to write down the quest giver and location, and then tab back in and spend 30m going around and talking to all of the NPCs in town that gave quests within my level range. That didn't give any XP.

Oh that's the other thing, I had to install a fucking 3rd party program so I could TAB OUT of this piece of shit with F10 -- they later disabled it, right around the time I quit. I won't be locked into a game; you can suck my balls.

Maybe that is fun for people like you. It's like virtual slot machines, if you get lucky, you you hit the NPC quest jackpot.

Do I have to spell out how ridiculous and ass-backwards this is? You are touting this as a feature? are you serious?

It's hardcore, yo.

Over and out.
Abelian75
Terracotta Army

Reply #121 on: July 24, 2007, 09:01:24 AM

Yeah, and I'll bet in the real world you expect people to approach YOU when they need something done.  Loser.  Everyone knows a real hero goes around and talks to every single occupant of a town to find out if any of them need anything done whatsoever.  Only an idiot lazy american poopie-pants would think it's reasonable that, when an NPC needs a task done, they flag the hero down in some way.  Pshh, kids these days.

Anyway, gotta go, I'm late for my vampire clan meeting and have to get in costume.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #122 on: July 24, 2007, 09:03:16 AM

I wounder too.

What the fuck does fegs mean ?

Terracotta Army

Reply #123 on: July 24, 2007, 09:06:07 AM

I'm gonna "wounder" you if you don't answer my goddamn question.

Did you notify the rehab clinic when you started posting on this board from an internal machine?

I love me some me.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #124 on: July 24, 2007, 09:06:28 AM

I wounder too.

What the fuck does fegs mean ?

The phucken fegs live in Phuket.

Over and out.
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #125 on: July 24, 2007, 09:12:08 AM

You handfuck, cockgobbling, cuntflaps should be more fucking considerate of other jackshit fuckwads who don't appreciate that there are some shitsuckers out there who don't fucking want to see inconsiderate lables such as 'fags' typed out on their goddamn motherfucking forums. Have some fucking consideration you limp dick motherfuckers. If you keep insisting on labeling each other as fags, make sure you use the more sensitive fucking term of 'feg' so no ones feelings get REALLY hurt.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #126 on: July 24, 2007, 09:13:38 AM

I do say, good suhs, that simply by looking at this young chaps first post and thread title that you should know better than to even pretend to be rational with him or try to hold a conversation.

And dear god, don't try to make a point. He might have rabies.

That's just Darniaq.  I don't think he CAN be mean.  I can't recall ever seeing him 'lose it' anywhere, ever.

Guys like that are creepy. Beware the Darniaq, my son.  The jaws that bite, the claws that catch.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #127 on: July 24, 2007, 09:16:10 AM

Hey! I'm insulted! I'm not a feg I'm a dyke.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #128 on: July 24, 2007, 09:16:44 AM

I've seen Darniaq flip out once or twice before.

When he drops the f-bomb, it's really a, "Wow, DQ dropped the f-bomb" kind of thing.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
grunk
Terracotta Army

Reply #129 on: July 24, 2007, 09:19:31 AM

HAY GUY, WHEN YOU BUY AN OFFLINE GAME DO YOU BUY THE STRAT GUIDE WITH IT? GUY? ARE YOU THAT LAZY AND RETARDED THAT YOU CANT ACTUALLY READ... HAY GUY, I NEVER USED ONLINE HELP GUIDES AND WHEN I DID, IT TOOK ME NO MORE THEN 15 MINS TO FIND WHERE I WAS STUCK AT? HEY GUY, YOU KNOW THERE IS SOMETHING CALLED WINDOWER? HAY GUY, YOU FAIL... OF COURSE WE KNOW THAT... BECAUSE WHY ELSE WOULD YOU BE PLAYING THE FISHER PRICE MMO KNOWN AS WOW... OK GUY?
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #130 on: July 24, 2007, 09:20:08 AM

Hey! I'm insulted! I'm not a feg I'm a dyke.

I think you mean 'Diek'. Please follow the new F13 standard.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #131 on: July 24, 2007, 09:21:32 AM

CAPS.  HE'S WON.  WATCH OUT ANAKIN, HE HAS THE HIGH GROUND !!!

undecided

Fuck me, can we stop this already ?

Gimme Mod Powers.  Go on, Gizzit.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #132 on: July 24, 2007, 09:23:02 AM

You handfuck, cockgobbling, cuntflaps should be more fucking considerate of other jackshit fuckwads who don't appreciate that there are some shitsuckers out there who don't fucking want to see inconsiderate lables such as 'fags' typed out on their goddamn motherfucking forums. Have some fucking consideration you limp dick motherfuckers. If you keep insisting on labeling each other as fags, make sure you use the more sensitive fucking term of 'feg' so no ones feelings get REALLY hurt.

I'm sorry. 

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #133 on: July 24, 2007, 09:27:23 AM

CAPS.  HE'S WON.  WATCH OUT ANAKIN, HE HAS THE HIGH GROUND !!!

undecided

Fuck me, can we stop this already ?

Gimme Mod Powers.  Go on, Gizzit.

Mods can't ban.  undecided  But, why den? This is highly amusing.  Someone's been hiding their meds I think.

-Rasix
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #134 on: July 24, 2007, 09:28:22 AM

HAY GUY, WHEN YOU BUY AN OFFLINE GAME DO YOU BUY THE STRAT GUIDE WITH IT? GUY? ARE YOU THAT LAZY AND RETARDED THAT YOU CANT ACTUALLY READ... HAY GUY, I NEVER USED ONLINE HELP GUIDES AND WHEN I DID, IT TOOK ME NO MORE THEN 15 MINS TO FIND WHERE I WAS STUCK AT? HEY GUY, YOU KNOW THERE IS SOMETHING CALLED WINDOWER? HAY GUY, YOU FAIL... OF COURSE WE KNOW THAT... BECAUSE WHY ELSE WOULD YOU BE PLAYING THE FISHER PRICE MMO KNOWN AS WOW... OK GUY?

So much for that cruise control for awesome thing.

Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #135 on: July 24, 2007, 09:32:07 AM

All caps, consitant use of ellipses in place of punctuation or paragraph markers, irregular use of punctuation in general -- he's just multilple exclamation points from frothing insanity.

Defintely an upgrade over the standard industry shill. This one actually comes across as a semi-retarded monkey offspring of a poopsock gamer.
schild
Administrator

Reply #136 on: July 24, 2007, 09:32:55 AM

Ok.

Maybe Avatard hasn't been clear.

He's posting from a rehab clinic.

I'm pretty sure he doesn't work there.

Does that clear things up?
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #137 on: July 24, 2007, 09:33:22 AM

He's going to be back on the smack by page 6. 

-Rasix
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #138 on: July 24, 2007, 09:35:43 AM

A rehab clinic.

Addiction to getting assfucked? 

Perhaps that's the reason for 'feg' and 'phucking' he think that'll avoid thier "BAN THIS SITE" filters.   Too bad the rest of us love our fucking curses so god damned much.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
grunk
Terracotta Army

Reply #139 on: July 24, 2007, 09:37:30 AM

So much for that cruise control for awesome thing.

It is the truth. Some how, the magic all got lost. Due to the, "i want it now, and make it easy" group. You people are funny, you actually think that because you dont think, that you have actually evolved. That WoW is some how moving the genre ahead, your dead wrong.

You sit there, and say that games like EQ and FFXI sucked because they had a grind. When in fact, in WoW your grinding all the time, with your fetch quests. You people have no idea, no concept in regards to Mob mechanics and behavior. You sit there, and wait months for people to complete content to only read about it and then get on your vent servers and hand out instructions as if you were a special ed teacher.

You have no idea, the importance of community and immersion. You are the generation that battle net has spawned upon us, the ones who actually give a shit. Congratz, indeed you all win.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: 5 years and still going  
Jump to: