Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:02:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Game Design/Development  |  Topic: WOULD YOU LIKE TO PLAY A GAME? _ 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: WOULD YOU LIKE TO PLAY A GAME? _  (Read 20362 times)
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: July 28, 2007, 06:09:19 AM

cry

got sent out to a client (will be there again next two weeks), today is first day I have any time to work on this, and it's obviously too late.  sorry for not participating.
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #36 on: July 31, 2007, 06:10:28 AM

Mmm, Mmm, nothing is more tasty than cat souls.

"Me am play gods"
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: July 31, 2007, 01:20:44 PM

Um...how many people are even reading the original description of the game?

Inexplicably blessed with the ability to travel freely through time (Quantum Leap style but within your own body) during the hours leading up to the accident

Not years, not days, not minutes - hours.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: July 31, 2007, 01:28:32 PM

Four responses don't even follow the game outline. That's kinda funny.  rolleyes

I wish our submissions got more responses from others though. I like Nonentity's idea somewhat, it reminds me of a game called "The Journeyman Project" which I immensely enjoyed. And I think Sinij's post would be cool with Schlid's idea. I'd play it :D

f13 Street Cred of the week:
I can't promise anything other than trauma and tragedy. -- schild
Ookii
Staff Emeritus

is actually Trippy

Reply #39 on: July 31, 2007, 01:53:19 PM

Um...how many people are even reading the original description of the game?

Inexplicably blessed with the ability to travel freely through time (Quantum Leap style but within your own body) during the hours leading up to the accident

Not years, not days, not minutes - hours.

Nice spot, where's your idea??

tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #40 on: July 31, 2007, 02:42:04 PM

Let the voters decide.

"Me am play gods"
cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: July 31, 2007, 05:26:41 PM

*shrug* I think you need to stay within the confines of the game description. That's just my opinion though.

And I posted an idea, so no snarkiness toward me :)

cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: July 31, 2007, 05:35:44 PM

* Very close over the shoulder third person puzzle solver done in a comic fashion similar to beyond good and evil. The close view is to be used to reinforce the idea that you are a small cat by giving a different perspective on a house/yard/location. A good comparison would be the middle levels of katamari darmacy in terms of size. You'll be looking up a lot.

* Time limit given for each level by a 'virutal' cat moving through the level at a fixed pace, your previous self from the initial timeline that you are changing. You must get to the end of the level before this cat does. This virtual cat, visualized by a transparent wispy version of yourself, gives comments and the initial mission objectives for the level (see below)

* Levels are divided up by critical events over the past several days, however the objectives are initially strange, unrelated, small changes, and completely unexplained. The objectives are given at the beginning of each level by a simple list, "I'll need to do this, stop this guy from getting his pizza for 5 minutes, etc." but the player does not understand how changing something so small may influence the end goal of avoiding annihilation. Gradually, as the levels progress, the objectives become clearer and clearer and build upon each other to a final conclusion.

* In the puzzles you will have to avoid careless feet, leap onto things (tables, chairs) that you can't see the top of, move things around, convince people to pet you, follow you, pay attention to you instead of something else. You can manipulate and carry items with your mouth, but only one at a time. No attacks, but items that you can use to increase your abilities are acquired along the way. Catnip to move faster, etc. Heavy use of scripted events that have timers that you must overcome (grab the thingy before it is trapped forever by a rube goldberg machine) are prominent. Restart checkpoints during the level are given by completion of these areas.

* You have 9 lives for health. When you get stepped on or somehow fail, one of them is lost. They are reset back to 9 from level to level, and can also be used to restart from a completed checkpoint at any time.

Your entire fourth star is jacked from me. Boo.

Krakrok
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: July 31, 2007, 05:48:21 PM

The description is pretty nebulous. I don't know if I'm inside it or not. I fleshed out the background story more in mine because it creates an idea of who the enemies are or could be and creates somewhat of a framework for the gameplay.

Edit: Stop replying in the game thread you wankers.

Apparently, cmlancas is the only one who knows how cats normally behave.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2007, 05:58:51 PM by Krakrok »
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #44 on: July 31, 2007, 05:53:41 PM

Sorry :(

I'll put you in the credits. I did totally steal the one-item-at-a-time thing, but it's a convenient and logical way of a puzzle limitation.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2007, 05:58:37 PM by bhodi »
cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: July 31, 2007, 06:10:19 PM

O RLY?

That's not what I said. I simply said that I stayed within the confines of the game description. I am trying to be respectful of others ideas while posting my opinion. I don't want a silly pvp forum war.

I suppose past events could have an effect on the <insert hours here>. I just chose not to see it that way.

Krakrok
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: July 31, 2007, 06:25:31 PM

That was in regards to your 'idea' getting 'jacked' by bhodi comment.
schild
Administrator

Reply #47 on: July 31, 2007, 06:32:36 PM

Meh. I'm waiting to post last. It's what Blizzard would do.
cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: August 01, 2007, 04:37:11 AM

That was in regards to your 'idea' getting 'jacked' by bhodi comment.

He clearly admitted that he swiped it from me in the next post. How was I wrong?

Krakrok
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: August 01, 2007, 09:29:49 AM

Your 'idea' wasn't original and I would equate this with a brainstorming session where people build on other peoples ideas.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #50 on: August 01, 2007, 10:12:34 AM

Your 'idea' wasn't original and I would equate this with a brainstorming session where people build on other peoples ideas.

Yes.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
pxib
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: August 01, 2007, 07:32:57 PM

I agree that we're functionally brainstorming now. What does that do to the vote at the end?

if at last you do succeed, never try again
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #52 on: August 01, 2007, 08:00:33 PM

Nothing, I'd say.  Each person will add their own bit of polish or whatever to the idea.  If a bunch of people end up posting essentially the same idea, you vote for whoever's variant you like best.  We're not awarding prizes to the "winner", so it doesn't really matter whose post the idea started in and whose the "best" finished form ended up in.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: August 02, 2007, 06:49:52 AM

Where was Schlid's submission? He said he was waiting until last to post. ><

koboshi
Contributor

Camping is a legitimate strategy.

Reply #54 on: August 02, 2007, 02:16:22 PM

I guess that means his was a submition by example, how to be a pussy.  Rimshot

-We must teach them Max!
Hey, where do you keep that gun?
-None of your damn business, Sam.
-Shall we dance?
-Lets!
Krakrok
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: August 02, 2007, 06:45:09 PM

He pulled another Al Gore. Sitting out the second round.
schild
Administrator

Reply #56 on: August 02, 2007, 10:21:05 PM

I thought it ended the next night. Ironic how I can read the rules one day and not the next.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #57 on: December 06, 2007, 11:58:41 PM

Is this thread dead or what? I really want to expand on this Casanova game I have in mind. It's Bully meets Leisure Suit Larry. And by that I mean a small scale GTA clone with heavy adventure elements. Goal is to bag the 10 hottest women in 18th century Venice. It would have only basic combat...I'd rather have players be scored through stealth/deception/and escape. Like Assassin's Creed, but with fake mustaches. Have some of the same building hopping mechanics like that game too, except make it funny. "Hijinks"... Like a Charlie Chaplin movie or something. Lots of tripping and falling in gondolas.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2007, 12:06:24 AM by Stray »
Nerf
Terracotta Army

The Presence of Your Vehicle Has Been Documented

Reply #58 on: December 07, 2007, 12:35:35 AM

Is this thread dead or what? I really want to expand on this Casanova game I have in mind. It's Bully meets Leisure Suit Larry. And by that I mean a small scale GTA clone with heavy adventure elements. Goal is to bag the 10 hottest women in 18th century Venice. It would have only basic combat...I'd rather have players be scored through stealth/deception/and escape. Like Assassin's Creed, but with fake mustaches. Have some of the same building hopping mechanics like that game too, except make it funny. "Hijinks"... Like a Charlie Chaplin movie or something. Lots of tripping and falling in gondolas.

If I can stab people in the face at will (especially the women I just banged) I'm totally on board for this.
American Psycho+Assassin's Creed+Hijinks? Yes please!
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #59 on: December 07, 2007, 12:50:37 AM

This shall be a family friendly title. Bangin' and hijinks only. Sorry!
geldonyetich2
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: December 07, 2007, 03:56:45 AM

Jack Thompson may not be pleased, but I think it'd work.

Granted, I tend to keep sex out of games.  Two vices with different mechanisms, never the twain shall they meet.  Except they have.  But were they better games for it?  Not really.

Still, the idea works for the sheer hijinx and pratfall value.  Sneaking past the guards in order to please sex-starved noblemans' trophy wives?  But of course, it is Casanova's duty!
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #61 on: December 07, 2007, 04:01:55 AM

Forgot to mention that it wouldn't be x-rated. Just Leisure Suit Larry levels for that kind of thing. Still geared towards a mature crowd, but nothing racy. The gameplay would be in the seduction and escape. And Casanova would resemble one of the Musketeers or Jack Sparrow at best.

[edit] He was funny looking guy anyways. Kind of resembled Jon Lovitz

« Last Edit: December 07, 2007, 04:03:36 AM by Stray »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Game Design/Development  |  Topic: WOULD YOU LIKE TO PLAY A GAME? _  
Jump to: