Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:45:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: (SPOILERS) John from Cincinnatti 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: (SPOILERS) John from Cincinnatti  (Read 21829 times)
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #35 on: August 11, 2007, 06:14:12 PM

Show's been cancelled.

They quit Deadwood for this?

God damn.

I'm so done watching shows unless they release complete seasons on DVD.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: August 12, 2007, 03:24:12 PM

I can't find confirmation that it's been cancelled. 
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #37 on: August 12, 2007, 07:26:52 PM

I'm perplexed why I am so compelled to watch a show that makes absolutely no fucking sense whatsoever.  I hope it comes back.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #38 on: August 12, 2007, 08:22:14 PM

Yeah, I'm now more confused about wtf is going on with the show than I was earlier.

But damn, I'm rather compelled to watch it again if it comes back.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: August 13, 2007, 11:25:25 AM

Yeah, I think that is the art of JFC. I can't explain why I want to see more of it, but I sure as hell do.
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #40 on: August 13, 2007, 12:12:11 PM

There seem to be rumors flying all over the net that it is canceled, but nothing is confirmed. I will be really bummed out if it is. I very much enjoy the show.

I cant stand all the mouth breathers all over the net being happy about it. I guess people want to bring down what they dont understand.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: August 13, 2007, 03:17:39 PM

Well, in my defense, I enjoy the suffering of others.
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #42 on: August 14, 2007, 01:22:48 PM

WayAbvPar

Reply #43 on: August 14, 2007, 01:23:43 PM

Milch deserves that for leaving Deadwood high and dry.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #44 on: August 14, 2007, 03:06:39 PM

Milch deserves that for leaving Deadwood high and dry.

Yeah, cause it was his idea to leave Deadwood. That was HBO. Milch had to fight and fight just to get HBO to even consider doing the two 2 hours shows that are supposed to come.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: August 15, 2007, 07:14:34 PM

Well, that just sucks.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: August 23, 2007, 12:41:11 PM

Deadwood had somewhat of a natural end. (Could it have really gone on, and been the same after that point? There is SOME historical influence to the show) Besides, its always better to "Quit while your ahead, and leave them wanting more", then to drag it out and become mundane.

JFC is an interesting show.

Deadwood
Lost
Carnivāle
Dead like me
J.F.C

Really good shows recently.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Oban
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: August 23, 2007, 01:11:08 PM

So is this show any good?

Palin 2012 : Let's go out with a bang!
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #48 on: August 23, 2007, 01:18:41 PM

Deadwood
Lost
Carnivāle
Dead like me
J.F.C

Hah.

Deadwood - canceled
Lost
Carnivāle - canceled
Dead like me - canceled
J.F.C - canceled
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: August 23, 2007, 01:32:13 PM

Deadwood
Lost
Carnivāle
Dead like me
J.F.C

Hah.

Deadwood - canceled
Lost
Carnivāle - canceled
Dead like me - canceled
J.F.C - canceled

I take it as people just cant understand or don't like (or what ever) anything that isn't under a 6th grad level. I mean, not to bash, but look at some of the longest running shows ever... (some i do love, this isn't a ego thing, just a mass appeal thing).

As far as canceled, its all about the $, i'm still waiting for a swearengen doll, with talking pull cord.

Also, like i said, some of them, just shouldn't have gone any farther. Thats not a bad thing.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #50 on: August 23, 2007, 02:49:04 PM

Out of all of those, which one would you say "shouldnt go farther"?

The only one I can think of is Lost. That show needs to end already.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: August 24, 2007, 08:48:04 AM

Out of all of those, which one would you say "shouldnt go farther"?

The only one I can think of is Lost. That show needs to end already.

Carnivāle, and deadwood ran until a somewhat logical end. IMO. After all, look what it did to its viewers. (we want more!!!1!) But i think story wise, not much could have toped the story's upto that point, and going beyond would have been, "meh".

Lost has some threads to finish off, but IMO, its getting close to the "Quit while your ahead" mark. And if they do anything off the islad, Shows over man. It would loose all its charm it had set forth as a youth.

Its like RPG's, the best part if the first few levels, you know, when your "up and coming" in the world, and struggling to makes ends meet ETC (Potions are not cheap, lol).

Once it gets to a certain point, i think its just becomes silly, SEE: Finial fantasy titles.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #52 on: August 24, 2007, 08:50:40 AM

Carnivale's end was WAY too sudden. There were plenty of places to go with that one. Deadwood I felt wasn't an ending at all. It was written to continue with way too many loose ends left.

I'm still enjoying Lost.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: August 27, 2007, 09:55:44 AM

Carnivale's end was WAY too sudden. There were plenty of places to go with that one. Deadwood I felt wasn't an ending at all. It was written to continue with way too many loose ends left.

I'm still enjoying Lost.

Me too (lost), im looking froward to the new seasons, but i'm scared they are going to fuk up that "Survivor" felling. Some of that felling got killed when they got the food drop i feel.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: (SPOILERS) John from Cincinnatti  
Jump to: