Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:53:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  PlanetSide  |  Topic: Planetside Reserves to come back, Server merges also......Mabye later? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Planetside Reserves to come back, Server merges also......Mabye later?  (Read 72094 times)
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #35 on: July 10, 2007, 07:04:20 AM

Well, my EQ2 and VG monthlies expired so I re-upped Station Pass and joined a new PS outfit on Emerald, Virtual Hitmen. Despite the name, they are a good, disciplined crew. TS required and you have to join an outfit squad if there is one going when you log in. PS is always fun the first few weeks after coming back so we will see, but there seemed to be enough people to keep two continents somewhat active.

Anyway, the new CE is everywhere although it hasn't changed much as far as how to play. As a 3yr vet, I have access to the Dragon flamethrower without any certs needed and I have to say I like it. It ignores armor so it is an excellent anti-MAX option but you have to get in close to use it.

I have never played WoW.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: July 10, 2007, 07:59:06 AM

Well, my EQ2 and VG monthlies expired so I re-upped Station Pass and joined a new PS outfit on Emerald, Virtual Hitmen. Despite the name, they are a good, disciplined crew. TS required and you have to join an outfit squad if there is one going when you log in. PS is always fun the first few weeks after coming back so we will see, but there seemed to be enough people to keep two continents somewhat active.

Anyway, the new CE is everywhere although it hasn't changed much as far as how to play. As a 3yr vet, I have access to the Dragon flamethrower without any certs needed and I have to say I like it. It ignores armor so it is an excellent anti-MAX option but you have to get in close to use it.

I run with them every once and a while.

Also, FYI there is some changes on Test currently for the new stuff.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #37 on: July 10, 2007, 09:44:59 AM

Nerfing the Dragon a bit. Oh well. Still, it is a lot more versatile than carrying a deci and cert free.

I have never played WoW.
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: July 10, 2007, 01:39:25 PM

I actually wanted to play Planetside this week but the low population of the game and the overabundance of Chinese players makes me long for a game that's like it but more modern in its implementation.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: July 10, 2007, 01:43:15 PM

Take a look at Battlefield 2142.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: July 10, 2007, 01:43:24 PM

I actually wanted to play Planetside this week but the low population of the game and the overabundance of Chinese players makes me long for a game that's like it but more modern in its implementation.

You and every PS player. They would really have a gold mine if they redid the game and left most of its game play intact.

But pops are not that bad on Emerald server, and i have yet to see this Chinese issue.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: July 10, 2007, 02:38:01 PM

Take a look at Battlefield 2142.

I'd play it if it was free, but Battlefield 2 sort of put me off any Battlefield game.  I'm holding out for Quake Wars but I don't expect it to be the second coming.  I do want the capability of lots of achievements as a soldier (like Planetside has) translated to a good FPS experience.

You and every PS player. They would really have a gold mine if they redid the game and left most of its game play intact.

But pops are not that bad on Emerald server, and i have yet to see this Chinese issue.

Shit, seriously.  Planetside has the monopoly on MMOFPS, and I don't think it'd be really that hard to outdo them, or take the game and renovate it completely as a new product.  I guess I played more in the AM hours on my server when I'm really into it and when it's Chinese primetime, but between that, the cheating I saw, and the one-front battles (meaning a strong lack of variety in where the fights were), I just couldn't muster playing.

Looking at Planetside would make an excellent example when debating having a persistent world FPS, or creating a model similar to Chromehounds / WoW Battlegrounds / any FPS in existence, where each side has equal numbers and victory is determined by the match, where Chromehounds then uses to determine victory in the overall war.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2007, 02:42:29 PM by Lorekeep »

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #42 on: July 12, 2007, 09:22:50 AM

Back to sniping in PS

I loved it because it took 2 shots to kill. That meant you better plan out in your head where DBag09 was going to run after you plugged em once. And there was no instant bullet shit. You better lead the guy a touch. And you cant move that reticle or your shot's gonna be fucked.

My favorite shot ever, I hit a guy on the run, who then turned around and ran for a tree for cover. I knew my reticle wouldn't close in time and waited till the last possible instant when I let loose a shot I knew was gonna miss by a meter. Dropped em like a bad habit.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #43 on: July 15, 2007, 05:46:15 AM

Shit, seriously.  Planetside has the monopoly on MMOFPS, and I don't think it'd be really that hard to outdo them, or take the game and renovate it completely as a new product.  I

Blizzard could make a MMOFPS set in the StarCraft universe. ;)

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Jimbo
Terracotta Army

still drives a stick shift

Reply #44 on: July 18, 2007, 09:53:08 AM

So would it be safe to assume that we'll be seeing a resurrection of the f13 meatgrinder squad? Because i'd play with 300+ ping, if only to hear Jimbo on Vent again. God that was awesome.

Hey I got my education just so I can wear shoes now and not run around barefooted  :-D

I'm up for being a truck driver, hell I think I have some pics of me getting a skyguard stuck in a tree near a base when I was dukes of hazarding it after a recall.

Still no news on the heavy tanks...been three years waiting...
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: July 18, 2007, 01:28:36 PM

So would it be safe to assume that we'll be seeing a resurrection of the f13 meatgrinder squad? Because i'd play with 300+ ping, if only to hear Jimbo on Vent again. God that was awesome.

Hey I got my education just so I can wear shoes now and not run around barefooted  :-D

I'm up for being a truck driver, hell I think I have some pics of me getting a skyguard stuck in a tree near a base when I was dukes of hazarding it after a recall.

You interrupting MBT as meaning Medium battle tanks, when its really stands for Main Battle tanks. BFR's are you heavy "tanks".

Welcome back if you guys sign back up, leave your name and empire here and i will contact/shoot you ;)

shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #46 on: July 18, 2007, 01:45:05 PM

I am MrJoshua with Virtual Hitmen, Emerald/TR.

I have never played WoW.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: July 18, 2007, 01:55:23 PM

I am MrJoshua with Virtual Hitmen, Emerald/TR.

We are on the same side then...good.

shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #48 on: July 19, 2007, 11:58:43 AM

I am probably the lowest BR 3 year vet in the game, BR15/CR1. I love the DRAGON!

I have never played WoW.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: July 19, 2007, 12:34:44 PM

I am probably the lowest BR 3 year vet in the game, BR15/CR1. I love the DRAGON!

lol, wow... hehe, No worries, the beauty iis, its doesn't matter what BR you are.

They recently patched today, some balance changes to the 4 year stuff.

Also, this patch opened up elite assault, its one tier above special assault, and included the flamethrower and scorpion.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #50 on: July 19, 2007, 01:32:40 PM

I am probably the lowest BR 3 year vet in the game, BR15/CR1.
No, I'm BR12 iirc, 3-yr vet. Do you get CR1 by default? I've no CEP at all.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: July 19, 2007, 01:42:25 PM

I am probably the lowest BR 3 year vet in the game, BR15/CR1.
No, I'm BR12 iirc, 3-yr vet. Do you get CR1 by default? I've no CEP at all.

Nope.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: July 19, 2007, 01:55:15 PM

So BR12/CR0.

cry

Emerald/TR, though. Also Vanunanu. I like my TR guy way more, I almost exclusively use the thumper because I  Heart grenade launchers.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: July 19, 2007, 03:04:49 PM

Sky - we really should play together. I  Heart me some thumper too. I just hate that it doesnt kill quick enough takes like 3 hits.

Then again - I think the most fun I had was when I realized an inf just stabbed me and I pulled my thumper out and just shot it at my feet and watched them crumple. Of course I was at about 0 armor and 1/2 health. But I lived.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: July 20, 2007, 08:09:00 AM

I probably won't be playing until Octoberish, maybe late September. And I need to do a full reinstall because my new install was corrupted (no icons).
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #55 on: July 20, 2007, 08:33:59 AM

lol, wow... hehe, No worries, the beauty iis, its doesn't matter what BR you are.

They recently patched today, some balance changes to the 4 year stuff.

Also, this patch opened up elite assault, its one tier above special assault, and included the flamethrower and scorpion.

Those changes don't bother me. I don't use the Dragon for the Sunburst anyway. I run MCG/Dragon when grunting and that lets me handle MAXes just fine. I love when the Vanu maxes jump to get away from the flame and then I wax them with the MCG while they float in the air.

I have never played WoW.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #56 on: July 20, 2007, 09:44:39 AM

Heh, my alt is a BR17 CR2(or 3)

Slayerik is like BR22, CR4

Sure is nice to have a decent BR cloaking character with adv hacking, some vehicles and a MAX as an alt. Slay is a ground pounding machine that drives a tank/other ground vehicles.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: July 20, 2007, 10:44:39 AM

Heh, my alt is a BR17 CR2(or 3)

Slayerik is like BR22, CR4

Sure is nice to have a decent BR cloaking character with adv hacking, some vehicles and a MAX as an alt. Slay is a ground pounding machine that drives a tank/other ground vehicles.

For all you cloakers/hackers out there...

The PlanetSide weekly meeting never fails to bring up interesting development topics and this week was no exception. I have to say we had a ton of comments in our little discussion about the possibility of removing the backpacks to gain performance but what did this all really tie in to? Super Duper Leet Hacking…Well, at least some ideas for moving forward designing it.

I don’t want to disclose all of the goodies behind the Elite hacking but there are thoughts that we can issue a new weapon that’s more of a disruptor of sorts at a bit of a distance (not super long but yeah, I think you get the picture). Thoughts are this could wreak havoc on your piloting controls and such (hover-spammers pwnd?). I was pretty excited about the thought of a mischievous weapon that could be used to cause some trouble on the battle-field.

I’d love to share all the details with you, but it’s still in the design phases so at this point it’s more like ideas but it sure has me excited to see what’s next for those hackers!

Be sure to pre-register for Fan Faire if you plan on attending, Xahn, Beady, Scott (art guru), and I would really enjoy meeting more PlanetSide players out there!

Also, keep an eye out since we’re going to be launching some videos soon for some things that are coming…

Until Next Time,
Joel “Raijinn” Sasaki

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: July 20, 2007, 11:34:44 AM

Nifty, my BR11 or 12 Vanu guy is inf/eng/hack. Be cool to have some more flexibility, I haven't played since the engineering upgrades were put in.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: July 20, 2007, 11:41:24 AM

Nifty, my BR11 or 12 Vanu guy is inf/eng/hack. Be cool to have some more flexibility, I haven't played since the engineering upgrades were put in.

All the cert trees are getting another tier. With no increase in Cert points gained.

LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: July 20, 2007, 05:08:37 PM

So they want a lockdown device.

I thought you could throw a Jammer Grenade at a flying vehicle and cause it to crash?

Kitsune
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: July 20, 2007, 08:15:55 PM

I thought you could throw a Jammer Grenade at a flying vehicle and cause it to crash?

That's old, last I heard that trick no longer worked as of a year or two ago.  Pity.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #62 on: July 21, 2007, 06:28:04 AM

You bitches loved my sniping. Or, rather, you loved that I'd go somewhere and pop the snipertards that hung out on the hillsides and took up space. The running commentary was also pretty fantastic.

That said, we get the band back together, I'm definitely in.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Jimbo
Terracotta Army

still drives a stick shift

Reply #63 on: July 21, 2007, 11:36:24 AM

You interrupting MBT as meaning Medium battle tanks, when its really stands for Main Battle tanks. BFR's are you heavy "tanks".

Welcome back if you guys sign back up, leave your name and empire here and i will contact/shoot you ;)

No, even the main page list the MBT's as medium battle tanks.  We have had this discussion with the dev's before BFR's on ideas (what heavy tanks should be, and how they were gonna be designed) and people were wanting Mech type things, Smoke and the other dev with him (or before he took over), deciede to combine the two and push BFR's down our throat as the heavy tanks.  I refuse to accept the fiasco BFR as the heavy tank.  Of course with so many anti-vehicle types playing this game, any vehicle seems to be overpowered and unfun (it might come from playing FPS without vehicles and the wish for planetside to go that route), I can see the lack of support since BFR's ended up trying to satisfy two camps and neither fullfilling either side.

gimpyone
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: July 21, 2007, 02:23:47 PM

I'd reenlist in the f13 squad if there is interest
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #65 on: July 21, 2007, 09:24:02 PM

That's ok guys, I love dueling BFRs in tanks. Or just a MAX, you just have to be a bit sneakier when in a MAX.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: July 22, 2007, 10:32:33 AM

My will to not play this game is eroding.

I need a new FPS game, stat!

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: July 23, 2007, 10:22:05 AM

Nope, currently, jammers effect on vehicles only "Lock" there guns for a few seconds.

LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: July 23, 2007, 02:27:18 PM

Which means it takes about 5 more seconds to kill you than it took before.  That's usually how it is in those circumstances!

Considering the amount of skill it takes to hit with a Jammer, it'd be nice if the propulsion systems shorted out too.  Though an EMP would supposedly have to do the same.

shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #69 on: July 25, 2007, 12:13:47 PM

If you are fighting a MBT with jammers and AV solo you are a moron. But five people with decis and one guy with jammers can easily beat a MBT that doesn't know when to run away.

I have never played WoW.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  PlanetSide  |  Topic: Planetside Reserves to come back, Server merges also......Mabye later?  
Jump to: