Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 06:20:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Yahoo Fantasy Football 07/08 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Yahoo Fantasy Football 07/08  (Read 95148 times)
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #140 on: September 23, 2007, 11:23:15 AM

Ah fuck.

I should've remembered:

"Always bet on black."

McNabb having a career day on my bench.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #141 on: September 23, 2007, 12:34:21 PM

My team suck-diddly-ucks. Also, up yours Tom Brady.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #142 on: September 24, 2007, 08:25:30 AM

I don't think I have ever had a winnless FFL season. There is always a first time.

I have never played WoW.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #143 on: September 24, 2007, 09:01:06 AM

FUCK. FUCK YOU, LARRY JOHNSON, YOU HOLDOUT PIECE OF SHIT!

Fucking asshole. Manages to squeeze a total of 26 goddamn points out of 3 games because he isn't getting paid enough. Fuck you, shitbag.

Who the hell knew Green Bay would have such a great day against the Chargers D? Not me, I tell you. I expected Favre to throw at least one pick, but no, he kicks ass. That was a good game to watch for Packers fans like me. James Jones is going to be a stud by this time next year. I still am not sure about the Green Bay running game, but damn if they aren't playing a run and gun style offense that's working. They may come crashing to earth when they play the Bears, but based on the Bears shitty performance against the Cowboys, I'm not so sure. Favre is at least as good as Romo these days, and he has experience. Romo just sliced the Bears to bits. Also, Rex Grossman still sucks. Not exactly breaking news.

And who expected the Giants defense to show up this week? Thankfully Portis had a great first half. I still need Brees to have a 40 point game tonight to have any chance of winning.

WayAbvPar

Reply #144 on: September 24, 2007, 10:25:49 AM

I wouldn't lay all the blame on LJ's shoulders. That line (and the team as a whole) is fucking terrible. Herm Edwards is a donkey.

Went to the Bengals/Hawks game yesterday. My voice is just about gone today. Good times.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #145 on: September 24, 2007, 11:12:16 AM

Went to the Bengals/Hawks game yesterday. My voice is just about gone today. Good times.

That game was pretty fun to watch. Helped that the guy I was watching it with was against me this week in FF. I had Housh and Hasselbeck, and he had Chad and Alexander. I won ;)

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #146 on: September 24, 2007, 11:14:49 AM

I wouldn't lay all the blame on LJ's shoulders. That line (and the team as a whole) is fucking terrible. Herm Edwards is a donkey.

While this is all true, it still can't be underestimated just how much missing every bit of camp has affected LJ. I mean, there haven't been significant changes in that O-Line from last year, have there? AFAIK, only Trent Green was the major subtraction from KC, which shouldn't really affect LJ at all.

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #147 on: September 24, 2007, 12:01:42 PM

Westbrook and Ronnie Brown really put down the hurt this week. I should end up winning by 50 in a week where my WR tandem scores an awesome 4 points.

-Rasix
WayAbvPar

Reply #148 on: September 24, 2007, 12:21:30 PM

While this is all true, it still can't be underestimated just how much missing every bit of camp has affected LJ. I mean, there haven't been significant changes in that O-Line from last year, have there? AFAIK, only Trent Green was the major subtraction from KC, which shouldn't really affect LJ at all.

IIRC they lost a couple of vets to retirement (Shields and someone else). Or was that last year?

Helped that the guy I was watching it with was against me this week in FF. I had Housh and Hasselbeck, and he had Chad and Alexander. I won

I was going through my lineups like Thursday night and TJ was questionable. I decided to sit him, which in turn caused him to have a big day. So, you're welcome. I should know better than to reverse curse a Seahawks opponent. Now, to comb the waiver wires for some SF guys to play this week..

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #149 on: September 24, 2007, 03:03:43 PM

Lee Evans has 5 points.

FIVE!

FOR THE WHOLE SEASON!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #150 on: September 25, 2007, 08:38:26 AM

Stop bitching. My fucking QB has scored 19 points all season. Brees is killing me. I have to play TRENT FUCKING GREEN next week because Brees is on bye and Leinart is in some kind of bizarro QB rotation. WTF?

Rasix

Reply #151 on: September 25, 2007, 10:20:40 AM

#1 in both leagues  :-D  Of course that won't last with Andre Johnson hurt.  :-(

Glad I'm not a Steven Jackson owner. 

-Rasix
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #152 on: September 25, 2007, 11:21:24 AM

Stop bitching. My fucking QB has scored 19 points all season. Brees is killing me. I have to play TRENT FUCKING GREEN next week because Brees is on bye and Leinart is in some kind of bizarro QB rotation. WTF?

You're up against me with Reggie Bush on a bye. It should be interesting.

murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #153 on: September 25, 2007, 01:08:10 PM

Glad I'm not a Steven Jackson owner. 

I got him in two leagues. My 1-2 punch of Jackson and Jones-Drew has been an epic failure so far, and I don't see any reason to think that it's going to turn around.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #154 on: September 25, 2007, 02:09:23 PM

I'm surprised about Jones-Drew. I expected him to pick up decent points. Even Fred Taylor is pissing points away, with only 17. How are they 2-1? Oh right, easy schedule so far.

Jones-Drew may be worth a good bit later in the year, when Taylor sprains his labia.

Cuppycake
Developers

Areae, Inc.

Reply #155 on: September 25, 2007, 02:44:32 PM

My team rocks.

Favre + Moss + Westbrook has scored me big. =)

Community Manager
Metaplace
www.metaplace.com
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #156 on: September 26, 2007, 11:48:06 AM

Stephen Jackson out this Sunday with a partial groin tear. OWCH. Oh and Bulger is playing with 2 broken ribs.

And goddamnit, Hines Ward is doubtful, meaning my chances this week just dipped again.

shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #157 on: October 01, 2007, 08:06:32 AM

Six teams - HALF of the league - will be 1-3 after tonight. Awful.

I have never played WoW.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #158 on: October 01, 2007, 09:15:55 AM

That was a step up for me thank you very much. I'll still manage to pull off close to 100 points this week with both Reggie Bush and Rudi Johnson out of their games.

trotski
Terracotta Army

Reply #159 on: October 01, 2007, 12:39:45 PM

If anyone happens to find Cadillac's kneecap, can you plz return it ASAP? My future rests on Michael Pittman.  cry

Xbox live: trotski44
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #160 on: October 02, 2007, 06:27:15 AM

Maroney benched at the 11th hour so my prediction was not to be. Thought I would squeak out a win.

I have never played WoW.
Sauced
Terracotta Army

Bat Country '05 Fantasy Football Champion

Reply #161 on: October 02, 2007, 09:57:32 AM

Another big day for Moss (I'll reserve the I-told-you-so's for fear of karmic retribution) keeps me afloat another week.  Not the most fun fantasy season I've ever had, though, in either of my leagues.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #162 on: October 08, 2007, 09:20:20 AM

In light of my 42 total point performance, I have changed my name to "Status Questionable".

Stupid fucking last minute bullshit.

Also, as a Denver fan: "Shanahan should die in a football bus fire".
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #163 on: October 08, 2007, 10:13:03 AM

What an awful fantasy football week. Look at those numbers. Nobody is going to crack 100 points this week. Hell, my QB actually COST me points this week, and it's been a long time since one of my QBs went into the negs before.

Rasix

Reply #164 on: October 08, 2007, 10:26:18 AM

Both of my teams are in the goddamned shitter.  This league has both of my WR's hurt, my top RB hurt, and my QB playing like a school girl.  Other league has a WR hurt, a non existant WR/RB slot, and an underachieving QB along with a bench that never materialized.   Ohh and both of my defenses have gone from decent to crap. 

SAD FACE.

-Rasix
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #165 on: October 08, 2007, 11:16:14 AM

Fucking Packers. I just have to say that for the way they shit the bed last night.

I'm done with Drew Fucking Brees. Fuck him. He's gone. Somebody want him, they can find his punk ass on the trash heap. Other than that, it was an ok week for me in this league, thanks to my opponent losing Santana Moss completely to injury.

shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #166 on: October 08, 2007, 12:58:48 PM

I still have a chance if Dallas can come up big on defense. Right...

I have never played WoW.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #167 on: October 08, 2007, 01:27:35 PM

My whole team played, so I don't feel too bad about this week.  I'll take whatever win I can get at this point.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #168 on: October 08, 2007, 02:41:48 PM

I still have a chance if Dallas can come up big on defense. Right...

Unfortunately, that's a distinct possibility. They are playing Buffalo, after all. But I'm hoping Dallas' kicker gives me enough points to keep me ahead.

Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #169 on: October 08, 2007, 02:46:18 PM

I need Tony Romo to make 1 point.  Here's hoping he doesn't break something on the 1st play.

edit: and also Marion Barber to score > 12 for my other league.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Rasix

Reply #170 on: October 08, 2007, 02:49:29 PM

I need Tony Romo to make 1 point.  Here's hoping he doesn't break something on the 1st play.

I won't say anything.  Last time I wished physical harm on a player here, Deuce was gone for the season.

Ohh god, my kicker outscored everyone on my team with the exception of Ronnie Brown.  SAD.

-Rasix
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #171 on: October 08, 2007, 02:54:24 PM

Speaking of Tony Romo, who watched the Packers' game last night? I watched it on Tivo, which meant I fast-forwarded through all the dead time between plays and such. And yet, by about the 4th quarter, I was ready to strangle John Madden with his intestines if he said the name TONY FUCKING ROMO one more goddamn time. For fuck's sake, enough already. He's had a good run, on a team with lots of offensive weapons in a SHITTY conference and shitty division. He's not Peyton Manning, he's not Tom Brady, he's not even the next Brett Favre. I look forward to him getting dickstomped, probably by New England in the very near future. Madden just kept on and on gushing about Romo and comparing FAVRE to ROMO as if Romo was the soon-to-be Hall of Famer. I swear, Madden had a boner for Romo the size of Texas.

Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #172 on: October 08, 2007, 02:57:39 PM

I swear, Madden had a boner for Romo the size of Texas.
As well he should.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #173 on: October 08, 2007, 03:05:36 PM

He's not Peyton Manning, he's not Tom Brady, he's not even the next Brett Favre.

I'm not even sure Brady is the next Brett Favre.  Favre has managed to win games on his own with pretty much little help from the rest of the offense, carrying the Pack to the playoffs on the speed of his hustle.  Brady has never had to play under those conditions.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Sauced
Terracotta Army

Bat Country '05 Fantasy Football Champion

Reply #174 on: October 08, 2007, 03:14:46 PM

Apropos of nothing, as I was tortured by Madden's Farve-Fellating all night, but they were "having fun" with a "joke" that Urlacher made, when asked to describe Farve.  He called him an "old Tony Romo".
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Yahoo Fantasy Football 07/08  
Jump to: